Free 5.6 Patch & 1st 5.7 Patch Bad

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
loddydoddy85
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Free 5.6 Patch & 1st 5.7 Patch Bad

Unread postby loddydoddy85 » 29 Nov 2006, 19:49

Hey,

I've solved the problem that I initially had 2 posts for. However, the 5.6 & 5.7 patches are not complete. They don't come up as winzip files that I can unzip and install. Could somebody e-mail me these files? I would appreciate it. I'm using the free servers. I tried the east coast and west coast servers. If anyone knows how to correct these files or could send me them. Please Help.

danieldodd99@yahoo.com

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Nov 2006, 20:42

No, no. Here is no need to install any patches before. Just download and install WoG 3.58f and you will have it. It's final :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

loddydoddy85
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

I need those patches

Unread postby loddydoddy85 » 30 Nov 2006, 15:06

I downloaded the original WoG and that's why I'm downloading all the patches. Every time I try it comes up with those error messages I posted in my first two posts to try and get people's attention that I still need help. When I try and download the 3.58 patches the errors come up. But when I downloaded the original and the first few patches everything worked OK. Please Help.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: I need those patches

Unread postby Fnord » 30 Nov 2006, 22:41

loddydoddy85 wrote:I downloaded the original WoG and that's why I'm downloading all the patches. Every time I try it comes up with those error messages I posted in my first two posts to try and get people's attention that I still need help. When I try and download the 3.58 patches the errors come up. But when I downloaded the original and the first few patches everything worked OK. Please Help.
I'm just guessing, but it's conceivably possible that there are some bugs with the patching process so that you can't patch straight through from the original all the way to the most recent one. I don't know if anyone ever verified it (doubtful).

Although it means more downloading, I strongly recommend to simply start again, downloading the full WoG 3.58f and then install that onto a new SoD (or H3 Complete) installation.
- Fnord

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 17 Dec 2006, 23:34

I agree with Fnord here. Everytime a new version of WoG comes out, it's just better to start from scratch rather than trying to patch. Delete everything, re-install Heroes 3 RoE/AB/SoD or whatever version you have with SoD, then download the LATEST version of WoG, which at the time of this post is 3.58f. (Allinon). Then, download the final script patch for 3.58f and that should do it. Don't bother trying to upgrade each version of WoG. Just get the latest Allinon on a clean install of H3.

Return to “Wake of Gods”