Question about the fixed bugs

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Crusader_2005
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Question about the fixed bugs

Unread postby Crusader_2005 » 15 Sep 2006, 16:04

I saw that there is a list with fixed bugs. I have the first "version" of patch 3.58f. How or where can I download the updated patch from(with all of those listed bug fixes)?

Also, is it better to send an email with the bugs I found or just to add them to the appropriate topic on this forum?

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 16 Sep 2006, 14:42

The link below will get you to the updated scripts for te latest version of 3.58f. These are the final beta updates. You'll have to join the group. It's painless and free. Fnord will give you a key to a website that has these updates.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wakeofgods/

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 19 Sep 2006, 02:07

Speaking of bugs, here's a few I found...

-Trolls that use their ressurect xp ability a few turns after they have been killed. One time when my creature was standing over their corpse, they ressurected on top of my own unit and my creature sprite dissappeared. Then the ai tried attacking wher my unit was once standing, but instead hit the newly ressurected troll. :|

-Trolls that ressurect after being killed by firewall keep on acting out the movement/attack of their turn as if they had never fallen.

-Creatures still retaliate against Unicorns that have just blinded a unit with what I assume was their blind xp ability. This only happened to me once or maybe twice though, so it could be an isolated incident. If not, maybe manticores paralyze has the same problem, but I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions.

-Thunderbirds xp lightning bolt ability does 25x stack number rather than 10x. It's really scary. :S

-This was a long time ago so the info might be completely wrong, but I think I once saw an 8th tier archdevil (or was it an 8th tier titan?) do a bolt attack which dealt 10x stack damage. Just thought I'd mention it as a comparison between the thunderbirds bolt mentioned above.

There are some more things I found, but off the top of my head, I can't remeber them now. If I do remember, then I'll post them here.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 20 Sep 2006, 02:11

I don't know if I could call these bugs, although they may be. A bug to me is when I get an ERM debug mode message in the middle of a game or Syntax errors saying that treasure chests can't convert to the higher rewards at the beginning of a game.
Another bug I seem to have and can't shake is the reward for destroying Santa Gremlins showing when an AI kills them. This does'nt happen often, but it still happens.
All these may result from me playing so many custom maps though.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 21 Sep 2006, 20:20

Yeah, I get tons of syntax error messages when playing custom WoG maps, but not usually when I play a non-WoG map. I thought that was a problem with the custom map though, rather than the scripts because I rarely will get syntax errors with regular maps.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 21 Sep 2006, 20:55

mr.hackcrag wrote:Yeah, I get tons of syntax error messages when playing custom WoG maps, but not usually when I play a non-WoG map. I thought that was a problem with the custom map though, rather than the scripts because I rarely will get syntax errors with regular maps.
Yes, if it's a custom map with custom script, as long as you didn't try to WoGify the map, any errors are in the custom map scripts.
- Fnord

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 22 Sep 2006, 01:06

Fnord wrote:Yes, if it's a custom map with custom script, as long as you didn't try to WoGify the map, any errors are in the custom map scripts.
From my point, I was referring to the errors I get by WoGifying custom RoE, AB or SoD Maps and not by WoGifying WoG maps, which, everyone should know by now, is a no - no. ;) :)

Return to “Wake of Gods”