Tribes of the East Bug???

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
vampireprince
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East Bug???

Unread postby vampireprince » 22 Feb 2009, 01:18

I am playing tribes of the east, and just advanced to the misison "The Bull's Wake." But I can't play it because I can't see the map. All is black. In the minimap in the lefthand corner there are some white lines. I notice that if I click on the minimap the white lines will move around, and my angle of view will change, but I'm still not able to view the map normally and there doesn't seem to be any way to get my hero to move. It is just blank black space that predominates on my screen.

I've tried using all the keyboard management keys, and also the "home" key which is supposed to restore to normal view, but nothing is making a difference.

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before, and if it is a known bug with a resolution?

Could the Ubisoft updater have caused this problem?

I used the Ubisoft updater while playing the previous mission "Grim Crusade." The only thing I can think to do right now is reinstall the game and see if this problem will go away if I go back to an earlier version.

If anyone is aware of this bug and has any suggestions for something to do before I try that, I'd appreciate it.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 22 Feb 2009, 01:30

Maybe you are in Underground or Surface and need to toggle the view. There's a button for that in the radial menu on the lower-right. ;)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

vampireprince
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vampireprince » 22 Feb 2009, 05:22

Asheera, thanks for the suggestion. The view toggle button is greyed out for me, so toggling doesn't seem to be a possibility.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 22 Feb 2009, 06:05

You could try restarting the mission by selecting it again from the campaign menu.

I did that just now to see which mission it was. It starts with a view of Ornella at the bottom of the map and there is a delay of 30 seconds while you get skills and objectives. Then you can move.

vampireprince
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vampireprince » 22 Feb 2009, 21:51

Phoenix,

I've tried restarting too -- no difference. It's very strange.

Not sure what else to try so I think I'm going to try downgrading the game version now by reinstalling from the original disc and hope for the best.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Feb 2009, 22:00

Updates are known for theirs ability to screwing currently played campaigns/missions. So your safest bet could be indeed the "downgrade". However most likely would be enough to restart the whole campaign.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

vampireprince
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vampireprince » 22 Feb 2009, 22:09

Good news:

Reinstalling from the disc fixed the problem. When I now start the Bull's Wake mission, everything looks normal, and is playable.

** Second update ** :

When I saw all was fine I decided to risk running the Ubisoft patch again on the clean install: even with patch applied, everything is working fine.

So looks like clean install followed by new upgrade is the solution.

Hope this info might be helpful to someone who encounters the same problem.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 23 Feb 2009, 01:37

Must have been installed corruptly or something the first time...
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”