In regards to Ghostmode

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

In regards to Ghostmode

Unread postby Thelonious » 01 Feb 2006, 12:13

Hi,

I know I shouldn't be the one talking about this - as I don't have he Beta (I'm keeping my hands off, waiting for the real game to come out) but there is just 1 thing I'd like to say.

In ghost mode you can screw your opponent if he talkes to long - right? You can cast urses etc. etc.

Why doesn't Nival incluede something that has been scripted in HoMM IV before - if a player on a multplayer attacks a neutral stack another opponent is granted the control over tht stack so players who are waiting for their turn aren't sitting around doing nothing.

This way players will get tough fights and they won't hae to spend a lot of time waiting - and have more playing instead.

I just figured this could be used in ghost mode - it has the same background/idea behind it.

So, you guys think it could be possible and if so, is it a good idea?
Grah!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Feb 2006, 12:44

Seems like a very good idea, wonder if Ubi & Nival would think the same ;|

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 01 Feb 2006, 13:29

One problem with such battles is that you will learn your opponent strengths and weaknesses without using any scouting strategy at all. "you keep your eye on opponents progression" so to say. As an optional mode - sure, way to go.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Feb 2006, 14:45

Pitsu wrote:One problem with such battles is that you will learn your opponent strengths and weaknesses without using any scouting strategy at all. "you keep your eye on opponents progression" so to say. As an optional mode - sure, way to go.
Yeah it have to be optional or scouting skills would be totally useless.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Feb 2006, 14:59

Yes,I mean what would be the use of those tracks then?This way they are very useful!What if an enemy passes right through our teritory and ends his turn in the shgroud.If he attacks neutrals in the shroud,we wouldnt need tracks to tell us his power then.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 01 Feb 2006, 20:10

Ghost mode has other uses- for example, clearing stacks near your home castle can be made very easy :-D

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 01 Feb 2006, 20:25

Pitsu wrote:One problem with such battles is that you will learn your opponent strengths and weaknesses without using any scouting strategy at all. "you keep your eye on opponents progression" so to say. As an optional mode - sure, way to go.
or maybe if you're three players, one could take control of all neutral stacks and maybe do some other things.

this would add a whole new twist to hot seat; both inside and outside of the actual game.

I can see it now, person a and b badmouthing each other so person c can give benefits to one of them. but in the end all benefits go to person d since he was the best at stfuing the whole time.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”