New list of creatures of H5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 30 Jan 2006, 22:19

Now that I've managed to read the full list of creatures and their stats, Iknow for sure that the game will suck. Reasons :
1) low level creatures are useless cannon fodder again. Relatively low growth rate + very weak stats = dead creatures
2) the upgrades are absolutely necessary again, since the difference between unupgraded and upgraded creatures is just too big. I also bet that upgrading doesn't cost that much.
3) on the higher levels the growth of creatures is almost identic while the strengths of units are far from being similar. This fact, combined with the other fact that, town power depends strongly on the power of the 7'th level creature, results in very unbalanced towns. I can tell from here that necropolis having the worst lvl 7 creature, while sylvan having the best lvl 7 creature, is weaker than sylvan.
4) Frightful Nightmare ??? Lol :rofl:
5) Why the heck was Emerald Dragon renamed ? Well, I guess it was against the traditions of H3... just, like the bone/shadow dragon ( my old favourite ) being the worst lvl 7 creature again. Damnit !
6) Some units look ridicoluous.I nominalize the skeleton archer for place number 1
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 30 Jan 2006, 22:33

Veldrynus wrote:1) low level creatures are useless cannon fodder again. Relatively low growth rate + very weak stats = dead creatures
yeah. fodder and early-game material. I guess they aren't as graphically fancy as the top creatures.
3) on the higher levels the growth of creatures is almost identic while the strengths of units are far from being similar. This fact, combined with the other fact that, town power depends strongly on the power of the 7'th level creature, results in very unbalanced towns. I can tell from here that necropolis having the worst lvl 7 creature, while sylvan having the best lvl 7 creature, is weaker than sylvan.
balance is what the beta is here to test. if only there was a way to actually play it..
5) Why the heck was Emerald Dragon renamed ?
even jesus scratches his head in a state of pure wtf.
Gaidal Cain wrote:Spelling error? Copy-pasting error is more like it!
true. the creature page had some errors to fix other than that one I pointed out. but since stuff will change as the beta progresses I guess errors will reveal themselves.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jan 2006, 22:37

Veldrynus wrote: 6) Some units look ridicoluous.I nominalize the skeleton archer for place number 1
The Minotaur has nipple rings. Nuff' said!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 22:52

ThunderTitan wrote:
Veldrynus wrote: 6) Some units look ridicoluous.I nominalize the skeleton archer for place number 1
The Minotaur has nipple rings. Nuff' said!
There is a simple explanation for this.A research was made about the current trends among youth,and they found out that nipple rings are cool.So,in order to make the game more appealing to bigger audience,minos took it :devil:

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 31 Jan 2006, 01:43

Finally got to see the list...and I love the not-quite-gold dragon. Bah. Ah well, I suppose it could be worse.

Anyhow, I think the Mane - Ghost is kinda neat, adding a bit of trivia like that.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Jan 2006, 08:17

Mutare Drake wrote:Finally got to see the list...and I love the not-quite-gold dragon. Bah. Ah well, I suppose it could be worse.

Anyhow, I think the Mane - Ghost is kinda neat, adding a bit of trivia like that.
I think it's named gold dragon just because of the small golden horns it has, if so what a excuse! :disagree: Emerald was such more creative! Seem Nival and Ubi is too afraid to think about new names and the Gold/Emerald Dragon thingy is just one example of too many :grumpy:

And here we go, the famous, ultra cool DEMILICH! :-D *sigh Arch Lich was the best of three names, Power, Demi and Arch :rolleyes:
Last edited by Orfinn on 01 Feb 2006, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Jan 2006, 09:46

Well I like demi more.But youre right,it doesnt suit it.It was a name for a skull,not the whole body.And that raises a question:Why do all of the upgrades have to look similar like basic creatures?Having a skull as an upgrade for a lich would be so much better.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 31 Jan 2006, 10:08

DaemianLucifer wrote:Well I like demi more.
Nope, it is wrong. It goes like this : " Well I like Demi Moore." ;)
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 31 Jan 2006, 10:34

Veldrynus wrote: 1) low level creatures are useless cannon fodder again. Relatively low growth rate + very weak stats = dead creatures
Based on practical experiences the usability of low level creatures is superior to every previous homm game. Of course a part of it is due to hero skills/abilities and creature specials, which support low levels more than high ones.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Jan 2006, 11:24

Veldrynus wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:Well I like demi more.
Nope, it is wrong. It goes like this : " Well I like Demi Moore." ;)
Actually its "I love Demi Moore" :devil:

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 31 Jan 2006, 11:39

Orfinn wrote: And here we go, the famous, ultra cool DEMILICH! :-D *sigh Arch Lich was the best of three names, Power, Demi and Arch :rolleyes:
"demi" means "half" or "partly". demigod is someone between normal being and a god, demilich is someone who is half way to lichdom. Why an upgrade is named like a downgrade is beyond me.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Jan 2006, 11:41

Silence wrote:
Orfinn wrote: And here we go, the famous, ultra cool DEMILICH! :-D *sigh Arch Lich was the best of three names, Power, Demi and Arch :rolleyes:
"demi" means "half" or "partly". demigod is someone between normal being and a god, demilich is someone who is half way to lichdom. Why an upgrade is named like a downgrade is beyond me.
Because of D&D.Demilich in D&D is magically far stronger than a lich,but got the prefix demi because they loose their bodies completely,thus becoming just a skull.

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 31 Jan 2006, 11:48

@ Orfinn - Oh, I couldn't even really see the 'gold' dragon's little gold horns...man, emerald was cooler. But I have to say, it would've been even neater than that if they'd gone with the gemstone idea for the other (live) dragons too, like have black dragon -> onyx/obsidian dragon, or something like that.

I like the archlich better than demi, at least if they're going to keep the whole body for the demilich. I suppose it'd be okay for the demilich to be the upgrade, if it was only a head.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Jan 2006, 13:34

Mutare Drake wrote:@ Orfinn - Oh, I couldn't even really see the 'gold' dragon's little gold horns...man, emerald was cooler. But I have to say, it would've been even neater than that if they'd gone with the gemstone idea for the other (live) dragons too, like have black dragon -> onyx/obsidian dragon, or something like that.

I like the archlich better than demi, at least if they're going to keep the whole body for the demilich. I suppose it'd be okay for the demilich to be the upgrade, if it was only a head.
Jet is black too ;|

Oh oh, do I sense more gemstone dragons including the emerald one like ruby(red), topaz(yellow), diamond(transparent white), sapphire(blue) and I thought color dragons where enough :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Jan 2006, 13:40

Actually gold dragon is metalic,so we need silver and iron and bronze and uranium dragon as well :devil:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Jan 2006, 13:46

DaemianLucifer wrote:Actually gold dragon is metalic,so we need silver and iron and bronze and uranium dragon as well :devil:
Not uranium but platinum :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Jan 2006, 13:46

Hmm... Black Dragon -> Titanium Dragon?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Jan 2006, 13:47

ThunderTitan wrote:Hmm... Black Dragon -> Titanium Dragon?
Which color does titanium have? ;|
Last edited by Orfinn on 31 Jan 2006, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Jan 2006, 13:47

How about organic dragons?Coal dragon->Oil dragon :D

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Jan 2006, 13:49

DaemianLucifer wrote:How about organic dragons?Coal dragon->Oil dragon :D
We better stop this before it goes too far, the mighty Mods and Admins are watching.... ;|

Return to “Heroes V-VI”