"high" vs. "very high" graphics in Heroe

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
lead341
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

"high" vs. "very high" graphics in Heroe

Unread postby lead341 » 08 Sep 2007, 10:36

Hello,

would like to know to things:

1. I have been playing Heroes + Hammers of fate for quite a time now, but until now I never could discern the differences between "high" and "very high"-graphic setups. What does it influence? Shadows? Light effects?

2. Are there any known graphic issues with the Geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB cards? Sometimes there occur some graphic bugs, like the weapon effects of the rune priests or similar..

ok, thanks in advance,

lead

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 08 Sep 2007, 11:21

I would not know since I have to run it on very low :(
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Re: "high" vs. "very high" graphics in H

Unread postby aaelgr » 08 Sep 2007, 11:43

I have it on 'Very high' and to be honest don't see a lot of difference from when I had it on 'High'. It seems to run smoother, and when Heroes cast spells it doesn't seem to be as delayed (e.g. when Knights cast Benediction that blue 'wave' moves instead of being one place, then another, then gone). Some of the spells look better, but as I say below, others look worse.
I don't know if there's anything wrong with those cards in particular, but I have experienced problems with things like the Rune Priest's attack (lovely green squares for Mark of Fire). Some spells occasionally look awful. Wasp Swarm can be a bunch of lines, and Fireball can give a nice white cloudlike border to the battlefield when it explodes.

yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 09 Sep 2007, 12:00

aaelgr wrote:I don't know if there's anything wrong with those cards in particular, but I have experienced problems with things like the Rune Priest's attack (lovely green squares for Mark of Fire). Some spells occasionally look awful. Wasp Swarm can be a bunch of lines, and Fireball can give a nice white cloudlike border to the battlefield when it explodes.
I have all of that on a GeForce 6600, so it's not 8800 specific.

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 09 Sep 2007, 21:51

lead341 wrote:Hello,

would like to know to things:

1. I have been playing Heroes + Hammers of fate for quite a time now, but until now I never could discern the differences between "high" and "very high"-graphic setups. What does it influence? Shadows? Light effects?

2. Are there any known graphic issues with the Geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB cards? Sometimes there occur some graphic bugs, like the weapon effects of the rune priests or similar..

ok, thanks in advance,

lead
don't have bugs on my ASUS 8800GTS 320 MB on "very high"
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 20 Sep 2007, 02:54

I've tried going back and forth between the two options, and I honestly can't see any difference either. If there actually is a difference, then it's so minute that it really doesn't matter. Now, High vs Low is a whole different story. :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”