Elemental Vision

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 11:40

It shouldn't be too hard to test, though...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

RK
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RK » 30 Jan 2006, 11:52

it wouldn't be such a hard thing to test if we can actually chat in the middle of duels. it's not a big deal. if the opponent general is annoying, we can always do /ignore anyway.

Or maybe a replay on the duel feature would be nice to check the combat logs for irregular dmg. Because right now some things happened without any apparent explanation. I saw elemental chain words when I right click some units, but without any documentations telling me what is right and what is wrong, I can't really make sense of it the first time.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 12:43

Yes, the lack of documentation can be rather frustrating at times. And checking it should be done with two heroes that can't see the chains. Allthough it would indeed call for the players to cooperate, it could be decided before combat what to do.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 14:58

How are the elements seen?Are they just there when you look at the description of the creature,or are they visible in some other(anoying)form(like bubles above the creature,or something like that)?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 15:05

If you have the Elemental Vision ability, you see them by right-clicking on the unit. If you doesn't, you can't see them.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 15:42

So,it means that you have to inspect each and every creature when the battle starts so you could maximize your damage?But what do you do if youre playing dynamic battle?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Jan 2006, 15:51

DaemianLucifer wrote:So,it means that you have to inspect each and every creature when the battle starts so you could maximize your damage?But what do you do if youre playing dynamic battle?
I think you can activate the elemental vision mode before battle. And I guess the elements will be shown in icons above the stacks...I guess ;|

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 15:52

Considering that you'll prbably learn at least the dungeon units' elements by hearth after a while, you'l have less trouble. But I don't know, attack and hope?

Bad Wolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bad Wolf » 30 Jan 2006, 15:56

OK, that's way too complicated for me, I'm still getting used to the initiative bar :baby:
The world is full of insanity, that has no cure. Labour to keep yourself stable, and your mind pure.
- Mid-Night Paladin

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Jan 2006, 15:58

Bad Wolf wrote:OK, that's way too complicated for me, I'm still getting used to the initiative bar :baby:
Is it difficult to understand? When there are similar stacks for example? :|

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 16:02

Orfinn wrote:
Bad Wolf wrote:OK, that's way too complicated for me, I'm still getting used to the initiative bar :baby:
Is it difficult to understand? When there are similar stacks for example? :|
The bar shows the number of units in a stack (Well, almost. It truncates the numbers so only the last two digits are visible...). It's also not very useful when it comes to showing the effect of certain things before you do them (Haste/slow), but apart from that, it would be good enough if it wasn't malfunctioning half the time.

Bad Wolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bad Wolf » 30 Jan 2006, 16:06

Yeah, I guess it is at least better that you can tell which unit goes when, but yeah there are still some serious issues with it, the haste/slow thing is really on top of Major Issues.
Also some units just don't dissapear from the initiative bar even when they die (I think it is one specific unit type, can't remember which) and the bar also lags behind sometimes ages behind the actual combat.
The world is full of insanity, that has no cure. Labour to keep yourself stable, and your mind pure.
- Mid-Night Paladin

Return to “Heroes V-VI”