Modifying maps

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
runemaker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Modifying maps

Unread postby runemaker » 10 Jun 2007, 17:47

I'm trying to modify maps that come standard with Heroes V. What I'm trying to do is change some of the maps that have a win condition of 'capture a town' or 'find the grail' to a 'defeat all enemies' map.

Has anyone done this? I've tried searching these forums but, haven't found anything yet. I've been using the map editor, but I'm not sure where the default maps are located. Is it easy to change win conditions?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Modifying maps

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 10 Jun 2007, 21:08

runemaker wrote:I'm trying to modify maps that come standard with Heroes V. What I'm trying to do is change some of the maps that have a win condition of 'capture a town' or 'find the grail' to a 'defeat all enemies' map.

Has anyone done this? I've tried searching these forums but, haven't found anything yet. I've been using the map editor, but I'm not sure where the default maps are located. Is it easy to change win conditions?
The maps are all zipped together so the easiest way is to download the map from here:
http://deep.phpwebhosting.com/~paradox/

Now to change the victory condition you open it in the map editor and:

1)Click on View ----> Map Properties Tree

2) Go down to Objectives. That is where the win/loss conditions are most likely set although it is possible to do it with scripting too.

I'm about to head to work so I can't describe things much more right now. You will to read the map editor manuals. They will tell you what you need to do with the parameters (in particular the Editor Theory Manual.)

It really isn't hard.

You may also find it helpful to look at how maps that you have played have set up the objectives you want to set up. Looking at how other folks have done objectives and scripting is invaluable to learning to do it yourself.

With my current work schedule it will be a few days before I can post an example but if you have trouble post your questions and I'll be glad to help you out then.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

runemaker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby runemaker » 10 Jun 2007, 23:00

Thanks for the help! I looked through the guide, and I get what I need to do, but I can't find the map I want to modify. The only maps I have in my 'maps' folder are the ones I have downloaded. I looked for the map at the link you provided, but I couldn't find it. It's called "Isle of Temptation".

I started that map and things were going well, then I got a message saying I lost. I'm guessing it's because someone else captured the town. I'd really like to keep playing the map though, until there is one one person left.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 11 Jun 2007, 00:37

To get the map go here:

http://www.drachenwald.net/goodies/

and find the single player maps.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”