Heroes 5 imbalance

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Heroes 5 imbalance

Unread postby Banedon » 03 May 2007, 07:12

Does anyone else find the town bibliographies imbalancing? A few days ago I had this game with my brother where I had the 'cheaper heroes' bibliography - something which affected the game directly as I bought multiple heroes from day 1. I don't know which bibliography he got, but if it were irrelevant things like 'boost defensive towers' then it would really give me an advantage in a thing which we can't control. It's even worse if a player has the +250 gold / turn bonus. In fact, my brothers and I agree on principle to remake the game if someone has that bonus.

The first line seems almost wrong now that I look at it again - it is imbalancing. Hence I must ask: is there a way to inactivate this, or to make things fair?

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 03 May 2007, 07:32

What's so imbalancing about it? I mean, if you find the Purse of Gold for +250 gold a day while opponent finds some Moral artifact playing Necro, isn't that at least as imbalanced?
More precisely asked, what makes town specials DECISIVELY imbalanced as opposed to, let's say hero specials, random artifacts and so on?

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 03 May 2007, 09:20

The classic discussion about balance and fairness in multiplayer....add something to enhance singleplayer and you get it in the neck in multiplayer....

One way to solve it is to just accept whatever comes along since if you're lucky one game he can be lucky the next one. I would do that. I would think it being a bit unfair, but you got a bonus yourself too.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 03 May 2007, 10:25

Heroes in general had a lot of imbalance about it, not to mention the fact that it reposes very much on randomness... So, I guess if you play it, you should be ready to accept a loss due to a lucky streak of the oponent.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 05 May 2007, 04:03

What's so imbalancing about it? I mean, if you find the Purse of Gold for +250 gold a day while opponent finds some Moral artifact playing Necro, isn't that at least as imbalanced?
More precisely asked, what makes town specials DECISIVELY imbalanced as opposed to, let's say hero specials, random artifacts and so on?
But it is imbalanced. That same game was decided by a single artifact - I don't know what it's called, but it gave +2 defense and then 50% damage from Fire spells. My brother was Academy with Nathir and he got wiped out because of that artifact. I won the game, but it was by no means fair; it was stacked against my brother from the start.

:(

WTB: Fair game of Heroes V :)

nevermindspy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby nevermindspy » 05 May 2007, 05:09

... balance is acheived by a big collection of imbalances...

Soviet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Soviet » 05 May 2007, 14:55

Banedon wrote:
But it is imbalanced. That same game was decided by a single artifact - I don't know what it's called, but it gave +2 defense and then 50% damage from Fire spells. My brother was Academy with Nathir and he got wiped out because of that artifact. I won the game, but it was by no means fair; it was stacked against my brother from the start.

:(

WTB: Fair game of Heroes V :)
If your brother lost the game because you had this artifact, he deserved to lose. Your brother should not focus and rely the whole game on one spell. It is this artifact that balances his fireball supremacy and he needs to put it into consideration when playing. "What if he has that artifact, maybe I should have a back up plan..."

Return to “Heroes V-VI”