Neutrals

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Zoltang
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Neutrals

Unread postby Zoltang » 15 Apr 2007, 11:45

Are there going to be more neutral units in TotE? I'd really like to see the ice demon return...

erased. over. out
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby erased. over. out » 15 Apr 2007, 20:43

The official announcement concerning TotE mentioned new spells, artifacts, buildings, and ofcourse the new faction, but nope- no mention of new neutrals. I, too, would love to see more neutrals in the game. The Medusas, Harpies, Pegasi (to name a few) will be sorely missed.

P.S. The Ice Demon could be the alternative upgrade to the Horned Demon. Or better yet, if the Ice Demons are powerful creatures, perhaps they can be summoned by the "new" Devils like in H4? Most probably not, but we can still dream, can't we? :)

EDIT: Scratch the alternative upgrade Horned Demon comment. That's a hideous idea now that I think about it...

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 16 Apr 2007, 01:09

More neutral units would be great. I hope they finish the yeti (it is in the map editor, but not finished.)

There needs to be a couple of neutral sea creatures and sea objects to make the seas more interesting too.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 16 Apr 2007, 01:25

Agreed. The seas are quite dull.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 16 Apr 2007, 06:06

You mean there are seas in HoMM5? So that is why my eyes glaze over from time to time. Yeah sea travel is about as exciting as watching paint dry.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 16 Apr 2007, 06:20

:lolu:

Of course those are seas Misty! :tongue:
Now those odd elevations over there...are those mountains?

*goes to investigate*

On-topic: They need to bring back the Pegasus! :D
Even as a neutral unit, it has infinite cool factor (then again I'm biased towards the Rampart/Preserve/Sylvan factions :-D).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 16 Apr 2007, 10:42

On-topic: They need to bring back the Pegasus!
I would place the Pegasus as the 7th level unit of Sylvan... and say that they are demigods, sons of Syllana, the dragon of earth who ride a blessed winged unicorn.
I would reduce the number of dragons in the game, which has got irritatingly high.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2007, 12:43

The bloody Phoenix belonged at lvl7 Sylvan... or at least Fortress. :disagree: :( :mad:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monteniger » 16 Apr 2007, 13:56

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote: There needs to be a couple of neutral sea creatures and sea objects to make the seas more interesting too.

GOW
Considering that it is Nival we're talking about , then maybe it would just be better if they allow all creatures to be put on water (walking ones in ships,and flying ones not) or on some sort of rocks on which you don't need to get off to fight them.

And I would like to see some sort of Water Snake that would be the opposite of Phoenix (usually lives in seas but under the water,you could not see it and attacks randomly if you get inside of its territory).It would be cool if it's summonable just like phoenix.The same thing with visibility would be great with elementals.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Apr 2007, 14:16

Yes! The Pegasus have to return, and also werewolves. Lordi wonder how many times I have to say Werewolves, Nival, Werewolves! Before they get implemented? 8|

And dont forget the leprechauns, the crystal dragon, harpies, pirates, bandits, beholders, ice demons, gogs, medusas, nagas, gargantuans, faerie dragons, gold dragons, dendroids and the rest of the missing creatures ;|

watcher83
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby watcher83 » 16 Apr 2007, 19:24

the pegasus and the harpy in homm6 might be in free cities of the east faction(worshippers of Sylath - dragon of air)
the medusa might be in the naga faction(worshippers of Shalassa - the dragon of water) in homm6
I really hope that they will include crusaders in the dragonknights faction in homm6(if there will be such a faction)
but as for neutrals in homm5 I'd say we will probably have trolls, ogres, nomads and maybe halfings
Where exactly does the rainbow end?

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 16 Apr 2007, 19:41

How do halflings fit the mythology? Oh wait, I forgot that they're never mentioned in the ancient tales. :D

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 17 Apr 2007, 01:06

Darkstroem wrote:How do halflings fit the mythology? Oh wait, I forgot that they're never mentioned in the ancient tales. :D
Sure they are, not necessarily by that name.

The Wee folk come in all sizes and shapes, with all kinds of abilities. Some are kind and generous, some wicked. Some like to play mischievous pranks and some are malicious. Many use magic and are sneaky.

I would have liked to have seen a few more of the Fey type units rather than just the pixie in HOMM5. There could have been a Fey town with fairy dragons (or another unit since there are so many dragons already) as the top unit. There is so much room there for fun units with all kinds of abilities.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 19 Apr 2007, 14:46

[GOW-quote]I would have liked to have seen a few more of the Fey type units rather than just the pixie in HOMM5. There could have been a Fey town with fairy dragons (or another unit since there are so many dragons already) as the top unit. There is so much room there for fun units with all kinds of abilities.[/quote]

This is a GREAT idea!!! Let's hope someone with power and authority is listening.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

watcher83
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby watcher83 » 05 May 2007, 15:09

a balrog as a level 7 neutral (teleport, demon, terror, fire attack) - 35 att, 35 def, 200 hp, 35-55 damage, speed 10, initiative 12
Where exactly does the rainbow end?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 05 May 2007, 17:36

No balrog, or "they" would have huge reason to bash Homm 5 for a LotR klone...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 May 2007, 18:22

Orfinn is oppressing me!

And i think it's more about a lawsuit then bashing myself.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 05 May 2007, 21:21

If they put in a Balrog, they'd change it at the last minute to skinny and remotely resemble a mantis.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 05 May 2007, 21:57

Omega_Destroyer wrote:If they put in a Balrog, they'd change it at the last minute to skinny and remotely resemble a mantis.
'Balrog' would get them in trouble with JRRT estate. Besides, we already have Pit Fiends.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 07 May 2007, 11:47

Balrogs are part of Tolkien's mythology. You can't just copy & paste things from one universe to another.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”