question about cold steel

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
rahmen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

question about cold steel

Unread postby rahmen » 21 Mar 2007, 15:35

i made a new profile and i have made it to the necromancer campaign and i was wondering if cold steel is any good? thought that i should try this campaign a little different this time around.

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 21 Mar 2007, 15:36

I would definitely say no. The pay off for picking it is useless compared to the other skill options.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 21 Mar 2007, 15:37

IIRC, it gives something like +12% damage bonus. Your call if it's worth it.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 21 Mar 2007, 15:44

10% elemental water damage.

rahmen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rahmen » 21 Mar 2007, 15:47

ok, just thought id ask, since the walkthrough suggests that markal should get attack and the damage increasing abilities (ie battle frenzy and archery), would this be a viable skill/ability combo?

additionally, what is the most valuable skill/ability combo for a necromancer in your opinion?

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 21 Mar 2007, 16:20

With the redesigned Necro that will be effective starting with patch 1.5 Archery isn't that good anymore because you simply won't have nearly as much skeleton Archers than before.
While Frenzy is still good I think that Defense and all components of that skill are most important.

rahmen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rahmen » 21 Mar 2007, 17:18

does anyone know when the 1.5 patch will be available and where can i get some additional info?

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 21 Mar 2007, 20:25

rahmen wrote:does anyone know when the 1.5 patch will be available and where can i get some additional info?
are you asking because you dont have HOF and are playing by the old rules?
if i were you, i would just buy HOF.
thats what i did as soon as i learned that nival favored players with HOF and only gave them the necromancy changes in the latest patch, and screwed over all the other players without HOF.
and im glad i did buy HOF back in january, or i would still be waiting for patch 1.5 months later.
there hasnt been any word on patch 1.5 yet. it might even be months more.
luckily i found a copy for 12 US dollars on ebay, and i didnt have to pay much for it.
(sorry if i sound bitter, i just didnt like that i was forced with the choice of buying an expansion or play with old outdated rules.)

rahmen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rahmen » 21 Mar 2007, 21:02

i was just curious, i actually have ordererd the heroes v silver edition, and hopefully i will get it this week

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 21 Mar 2007, 21:35

since you bought HOF your fine then.
I just wanted to make sure you werent waiting for patch 1.5, cuz you might be waiting a very long time :)
the necromancy changes are big.

i found the damage from cold steel not very impressive, but i think if you add up all the small damage from all your attacks over a battle, maybe its not so bad then.
but even then, just 10 % of your overall damage increased, hard to say if it would really make a difference

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 22 Mar 2007, 11:26

Well, other abilities (only one, as Cold Steel is only one ability) don't make much of a difference either.
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”