1.41 - autosave fix actually "works"?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Invader J
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

1.41 - autosave fix actually "works"?

Unread postby Invader J » 20 Mar 2007, 15:09

Hi everyone,

I noticed that the release notes for the 1.41 patch state that there's a fix related to Autosave. I've had games corrupt on me twice, similar to other folks experiences here. Someone recommended turning off Autosave, and I haven't had the problem since. Of course, that could just be coincidence!

So I was wondering what people's experiences were in regards to the 1.41 patch? Does autosave work better (faster? safer, etc)?

... Has anyone had saves corrupted on them even with the 1.41 patch? =)

Thanks!

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 20 Mar 2007, 15:26

I never bother with Autosave. I mean, for what is it useful? Can't you just save normally when you want?

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 20 Mar 2007, 15:57

Agreed. I can't think of a need for autosave, except if one is lazy... :D

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 20 Mar 2007, 16:23

Or if one is used to autosave after H3 and H4 and does not remember saving before or after any insignificant event (if I want to replay a small battle that I've won but want to try again fot example)

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 20 Mar 2007, 17:00

i dont use autosave because it makes the turns even more longer than they already are....
i would rather use F5 for a quick save when needed.

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 20 Mar 2007, 17:40

Exactly. I never understood why people use Autosave and don't just press a button like QuickSave

Oh yeah and about the corrupt autosave file: I also had a corrupt save file (saved the game normally, no Quick or Auto save) so I think the game sometimes just doesn't do it right. :mad: From there on I check my important saves to see if they're not corrupted... annoying yes but it's better than to restart the whole game

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 22 Mar 2007, 15:27

I only had corrupted save one time and thats when i was saving and the game crashed in the middle of the save. It was a big bummer!
:disagree:

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 23 Mar 2007, 15:16

myythryyn wrote:i dont use autosave because it makes the turns even more longer than they already are....
i would rather use F5 for a quick save when needed.
Ahh yes, but isn't this a reasonable agument in favour of the autosave?? Meaning what if a quicksave, or manual save, ends up being corrupted?? At least with autosave one has the option of going back three turns should something nasty happen :| Having said all that, I agree that autosaves lengthen the pauses between turns, esp on large maps ;)
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 23 Mar 2007, 17:08

actually, i dont rely on just quick save. ill use quick save the most often.

but i also manually create save games once in awhile, like when i finish playing, or once in awhile while im playing too.

ill usually have four or so saves i rotate through.

i never use autosave, it just takes too long
its especially annoying when you are at a quiet part of the map where you are just moving heroes and trying to go through turns fast.

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 23 Mar 2007, 22:07

Your maps are rarely quiet ;) Incidently, (off topic) I'll take this oppotunity to congraulate you on your latest creation, (Lord Garrick) which I lost on hard. :S Guess I'll have to retry on normal as you suggested.. :baby:
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Return to “Heroes V-VI”