8x10

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Do you:

Don't like it
40%
Will not buy the game because of it!
8%
Like it
10%
Don't care
21%
Don't care
21%

Total votes: 129

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jan 2006, 07:35

Then go ahead and tell us if you think if its good

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 25 Jan 2006, 07:56

I think it is good.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jan 2006, 09:02

Straight from the parrots mouth.Ok,Ill give the battlefield a shot before trashing it again.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 12:58

wimfrits wrote:I still cannot understand why almost everyone claims 8x10 is bad without having played it.

For one, by saying so, you're assuming that both the development team and the Ubi testers and the large group of betatesters don't know what they are doing. That's a pretty bold statement.

If people with real experience concerning the field are dissatisfied, the size might still change. If not, experience probably indicated that the size is good.

You could at least try to keep an open mind on this.
I don't think is BAD by itself, but compared with a larger one. Of course it works, or none would like it. I just think a bigger one would be better and more Heroes-like. The fact remains that they made it because it speed up the battle, and i'm against that.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 25 Jan 2006, 13:17

ThunderTitan wrote:The fact remains that they made it because it speed up the battle, and i'm against that.
Even if that is the full truth (which I seriously doubt), whatever the reason for making it this way does not have to be linked to your actual experience of it. Unless you're biased.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 25 Jan 2006, 13:34

Vote: Don't like it

The way it is not, it's unbalanced. Balancing this would take time. In the end it can be done, but we'll end up with a boring squeezed battlefield, that allows limited strategies.

Best idea is to go back to variable battlefields (or at least make them optionals, for those who really like this one). There we just have to balance the speeds, and that can be easily achieved by bringing them closer to those in H3.

(sorry if I'm repeating what was already said - but this thread is on fire :devil: - too many pages to read :p)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 13:34

wimfrits wrote: Unless you're biased.
Yeah, I am. Some people like big women, I like bigger BF's. 12x14 would be nice.

And if you doubt that that is the reason check out the latest interview.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jan 2006, 13:50

ThunderTitan wrote:
wimfrits wrote: Unless you're biased.
Yeah, I am. Some people like big women, I like bigger BF's. 12x14 would be nice.

I like big BFs and I cannot lie!All you other brothers cant deny!

Im sorry,I just couldnt ressist adding to my post count :embarrased:

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 25 Jan 2006, 13:52

ThunderTitan wrote:, I am. Some people like big women, I like bigger BF's. 12x14 would be nice.
If you’re biased, why don’t you just keep it to yourself and let other people make up their mind for themselves? Would be fair, wouldn’t it?

The big women example is pretty bad. Size is not all that matters :tongue:
My doubting this being the reason is based on experience, not based on reading single line statements.
But again, the reason is not as relevant as you make it out to be.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jan 2006, 14:02

So what if hes biased,arent we all?Arent we all expresing just our opinions here?Isnt that what this forum is about?Sharing our opinions with each other.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 25 Jan 2006, 14:10

DaemianLucifer wrote:So what if hes biased,arent we all?Arent we all expresing just our opinions here?Isnt that what this forum is about?Sharing our opinions with each other.
Agreed.
But I find it offensive when people try to convince me that I should be biased just like them. That's not sharing opinions, that's forcing biases upon others.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 14:22

wimfrits wrote: Agreed.
But I find it offensive when people try to convince me that I should be biased just like them. That's not sharing opinions, that's forcing biases upon others.

You are biased. You like it and no matter what i say you still will. And you're the one trying to convince me that this is a good thing.
Now i have nothing against your personal taste, i just don't share them. I don't think that a 8x10 BF will make the game suck, but, atleast for me, it will make it less enjoyable.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 25 Jan 2006, 14:28

ThunderTitan wrote:You are biased. You like it and no matter what i say you still will. And you're the one trying to convince me that this is a good thing.
Lol.

you might want to look up the meaning of the word before making such pointless statements.

The thing I am trying to convince you of is that people should experience the field before they can form a proper judgement. Keep an open mind.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 25 Jan 2006, 14:53

wimfrits wrote:The thing I am trying to convince you of is that people should experience the field before they can form a proper judgement. Keep an open mind.
Wow, what a concept! Play it before you judge it. You'd think we were trying to explain to people how to build a fusion reactor, wimfrits.
Last edited by Corribus on 25 Jan 2006, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 14:54

wimfrits wrote: The thing I am trying to convince you of is that people should experience the field before they can form a proper judgement. Keep an open mind.
Are we on that again? α

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 25 Jan 2006, 15:03

Corribus wrote:Wow, what a concept! Play it before you judge it. You'd think we were trying to explain to people how to build a fusion reactor, wimfrits.

:smooch:
Makes no difference to some.

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 25 Jan 2006, 15:19

Douds, what the damn means Bias, and Biased???
Yeah, I´m seriuos, really don´t know what that is...
One could only match, move by move, the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 15:26

arthureloi wrote:Douds, what the damn means Bias, and Biased???
Yeah, I´m seriuos, really don´t know what that is...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 25 Jan 2006, 15:29

Thanks, lad, it´s just that english ain´t my oficial language, so I have problems with one little bit of vocabulary sometimes.
One could only match, move by move, the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 25 Jan 2006, 15:36

So, a biased person is who gets attached to a specific opinion or set of ideologies, and doesn´t open his/her mind for what other people say, even if that makes sense? And bias is this set of ideologies wich the person is attached to? Like USA people thinking they´re the only americans in the whole continent, and caring only about them, no matter what others say? Just to see if I understood.. :-D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”