8x10

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Do you:

Don't like it
40%
Will not buy the game because of it!
8%
Like it
10%
Don't care
21%
Don't care
21%

Total votes: 129

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 15:45

arthureloi wrote:So, a biased person is who gets attached to a specific opinion or set of ideologies, and doesn´t open his/her mind for what other people say, even if that makes sense? And bias is this set of ideologies wich the person is attached to? Like USA people thinking they´re the only americans in the whole continent, and caring only about them, no matter what others say? Just to see if I understood.. :-D
Or thinking all people in the US are like that, no matter what others say! Exactly like that.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 25 Jan 2006, 15:50

Wow one more for my vocabulary! Thanks for the helpful support, friend! Now I think I am actually interrupting you with the debate, so sorry for the disturbance!
One could only match, move by move, the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 15:58

Corribus wrote: Wow, what a concept! Play it before you judge it. You'd think we were trying to explain to people how to build a fusion reactor, wimfrits.
The only thing playing it would do is convince me that it works. I'm convinced it does. I'm sure 7x7 works also. I just don't like my gryphon being able to cross the BF in one sitting.

Building a fusion reactor is easy, getting the fusionable materials is the hard part. :tongue:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jan 2006, 16:20

ThunderTitan wrote: Building a fusion reactor is easy, getting the fusionable materials is the hard part. :tongue:
Not quite,since you basically need just water.The hard part is harnesing the energy from the fusion.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 16:31

DaemianLucifer wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: Building a fusion reactor is easy, getting the fusionable materials is the hard part. :tongue:
Not quite,since you basically need just water.The hard part is harnesing the energy from the fusion.
I'm pretty sure you need some radioactive stuff. The rest is mainly plumbing and concrete.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Jan 2006, 16:35

I'm pretty sure you need some radioactive stuff. The rest is mainly plumbing and concrete.
Hm.. , you don't need it for that. But, remember, the necessary water is an unusuall one.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 16:48

Pol wrote:
Hm.. , you don't need it for that. But, remember, the necessary water is an unusuall one.
Heavy water i belive. I'm still sure you need radioactive stuff. Unless it's a cold fusion reactor. Or an 8x10 BF. :devious:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jan 2006, 16:55

You need just a little bit of radioactive material in order to start the fusion.It is self-sustained after that.But it can be sparked in other ways as well(lasers,ionization,etc),so you can do it "cleanly".

And yes,you need a deuterium-tritium mix(although just one can be used,its more effective this way),but they can be cheaply(compared to the rest of the process)manufactured.

And you dont need lots of concrete like for the fission reactors,since there is basically no radiation.And the plumbing is unnecessary since plasma is contained with magnets.

You just need small amounts of electricity(a years production of a smaller country is enough) :devil:

I wonder now,except for the hell charger,what does a thermonuclear reactor has to do with a battlefield? :|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 17:18

I wonder now,except for the hell charger,what does a thermonuclear reactor has to do with a battlefield?

Something about what this thread was about.

Does a fusion reactor still rely on boiling water to make electricity?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jan 2006, 17:30

ThunderTitan wrote: Does a fusion reactor still rely on boiling water to make electricity?
Ironically yes.Water is still the best way to transfer heat into electricity.Altjhough there is talk that charged plasma particals could be used to convert directly into electricity.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2006, 17:36

DaemianLucifer wrote: Ironically yes.Water is still the best way to transfer heat into electricity.Altjhough there is talk that charged plasma particals could be used to convert directly into electricity.
"The more things change, the more they remain the same." ~ Alphonse Karr

FatalTheRabbit
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby FatalTheRabbit » 26 Jan 2006, 09:42

It doesn't look like we have too much too worry about since the beta has been released guys. Now that the closed testers can speak a little more freely, and there are new open testers it seems pretty clear that the 8x10 size is probably not going to persist from what I've observed on the official forums. Also, the siege battlefield size is supposedly 14x14! I think it's likely we may end up with a battlefield some where between the 14x14 of siege battles, and the current 8x10 size of normal battles.
Don't touch me I'm super important.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jan 2006, 10:15

FatalTheRabbit wrote:It doesn't look like we have too much too worry about since the beta has been released guys. Now that the closed testers can speak a little more freely, and there are new open testers it seems pretty clear that the 8x10 size is probably not going to persist from what I've observed on the official forums. Also, the siege battlefield size is supposedly 14x14! I think it's likely we may end up with a battlefield some where between the 14x14 of siege battles, and the current 8x10 size of normal battles.
I still don't like 8x10 at all. They could atleas put it at 12x10. I would like to atleast be able to move my creatures sideways. Or go back to scaleable, but make 8x10 the small one and 12x14 or 12x12 the large one.

EDIT: Crud! Misread what you said! Let's hope so.

Puzon_351
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Puzon_351 » 29 Jan 2006, 01:50

Of course this is the biggest mistake which HoMM 5 have ! The battlefield should be... no no no ! the battlefield MUST be bigger !

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 29 Jan 2006, 02:49

Having now played the Open Beta a while, it's far too hard to maneuver larger creatures when there are obstacles. On the other hand the ReadMe inspires great hope, saying that the Battlefield size and Obstacle Distribution are not final.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 30 Apr 2006, 23:45

*BUMP*
So now that many of you have played the demo, what do you think of the battlefield size now?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 01 May 2006, 00:13

Well... the battlefield in itself, it's size compared to the size of the creatures, isn't to bad. But the way it's divided into huge blocky squares, with many creatures taking up four of said squares, makes it pretty lousy, compared to previous Heroes.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 01:42

Well,it is better than before,but it still is too small.Especially because it has large squares :disagree:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 01 May 2006, 02:23

I still feel a smaller battlefield makes for a more strategic game.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 03:12

Its not the size of the battlefield that inluences the strategy the most,but the size of the tiles.And those are huge,unfortunately.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”