well this is interesting

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DarkZitan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

well this is interesting

Unread postby DarkZitan » 14 Jan 2006, 17:40

Link

amazon seems to always do shit like this with games, is anyone a regular shopper on amazon that can comfirm if they are full of crap when they post things like this?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Jan 2006, 17:56

What's the problem exactly? The price, the release date?
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Jan 2006, 18:02

Price, I'd guess- though people ought to realize that a new game won't cost the likes of 20 or 30 US$
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DarkZitan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DarkZitan » 14 Jan 2006, 18:10

lol the release date, i could care less about the price, thats a little high but reasonable. i know a lot keeps coming out now but i thought the release date had not been really comfirmed yet.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Jan 2006, 18:10

For a game with such a large budget, $39 or 45$ is more common. I wish the $19.99 offer from Target has been available outside of the U.S.

And the release date does not make much sense, with the open beta starting next week. It's been there for a while already.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Jan 2006, 18:14

Oh :embarrased: Well, my take on release dates is that until Fabrice tells us when it's coming, everything is at best educated guesses- and I'm not sure I'll take even Fabrices word for much more than that either ;)

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: well this is interesting

Unread postby Derek » 14 Jan 2006, 19:03

DarkZitan wrote: amazon seems to always do **** like this with games, is anyone a regular shopper on amazon that can comfirm if they are full of crap when they post things like this?
Amazon does stuff like this often, it's sad but true. I recall when a game, Castlevania for the DS, was released on like November 23. I went and bought the game at EB games and then I went on Amazon and they reccomended that I preorder the game because they claimed is was coming out in January! Strange bcause I was playing it at the time...
Hell has frozen over...

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 14 Jan 2006, 20:26

Angelspit wrote:For a game with such a large budget, $39 or 45$ is more common. I wish the $19.99 offer from Target has been available outside of the U.S.

And the release date does not make much sense, with the open beta starting next week. It's been there for a while already.
That won't go to Montreal?

Europe got HOMM COmplete and US didn't so you got us there.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Jan 2006, 12:36

I guess the market sites get paid from Microsoft for pressing on the realese date so UBI and Nival need to ship the game cutted and unpolished. Dirty tactics, hard real and unfair money making market tactics :ill:

Take the time to make the game as good as possible before shipping it.
The ship date should be March, May or as late as Juni, cant polish the game enough, always some bugs. A great game are a game without too many patches :slap:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Jan 2006, 14:27

No offence, but that sounds like a random conspiration theory machine would throw out. Why would Microsoft do that? And how would they force the online stores?

My guess is that one store needed a date, didn't find anything better than Q1, and made up a date. Then everyone else copied it :|

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Jan 2006, 14:58

Gaidal Cain wrote:No offence, but that sounds like a random conspiration theory machine would throw out. Why would Microsoft do that? And how would they force the online stores?
I really dont know, just a wild theory... a conspiration theory. But who knows whats going on behind the scenes :ashamed:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jan 2006, 19:01

I thought that in most world countries false commercials are alloud to be sued.This would certanly count as a false commercial if we get another official release date.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 15 Jan 2006, 20:34

I am not a lawyer, but I think you have to prove malice or an intent to deceive and I do not think this qualifies.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jan 2006, 20:39

Well,it wouldnt be hard with a good lawyer.And I suppose most of them would gladly sue somebody as rich as amazon.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jan 2006, 21:07

In Norway, false commercials are reported to the Consumer's council (best translation I got, sorry). Usually, that leads to the retraction of the commercial, and possibly a bit of a slap on the bum for the people behind it.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”