HOF C3M5 (the final) - a serious bug!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

HOF C3M5 (the final) - a serious bug!

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 20 Jan 2007, 15:18

I've passed the second tan-coloured garrison, and the camera moves a little bit further, locks on a snowy terrain, and a hourglass icon appears (as if its waiting for some event to be triggerd) - but nothing happens aferwards!

What the hell am I supposed to do? Did it happen to anyone else here?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 20 Jan 2007, 15:48

Yes it happens to me every time. I got arround it by instant travel past the garrison. Unfortunately that is the only way I have ever beaten this. Most of your heroes will have it, or if not there is a chance your haven town will get it. If only people like wulf or duncan have/get it you might be in trouble.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 20 Jan 2007, 16:13

What do you mean "only wulf". I used Wulfstan as the leader of the assault, since he had his ultimate...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Jan 2007, 16:21

I'm about to play that map, and I can't remember if my heroes have the spell. I hope I won't get stuck. :S

Blueman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blueman » 20 Jan 2007, 18:24

Mytical wrote:Yes it happens to me every time.
I don't remember if such a thing happened....
Mytical wrote:I got arround it by instant travel past the garrison. Unfortunately that is the only way I have ever beaten this.
On what difficulty setting? I marched directly through the garrisons with Wulfstan (lvl 27, no ultimate). Almost no losses on Normal setting.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 20 Jan 2007, 19:50

The garrison itself is easy to beat. Unfortunately once I beat it, every time it locked up. Tried arround 20 times (and yes that is only counting restarts as the lockup happened so often I reset the scenario many times). Usually play on Normal, but tried all of them to see if it was a difficulty thing. If I tried to defeat the top north garrison it locked up, every time. If I skipped it with instant travel it was fine. Don't know, however, if once you skip it if you beat it the same thing will happen (never tried).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Jan 2007, 23:03

I didn't have the bug, but there was a long, scary delay before the cutscene.

I'm done with HoF now, and since the gating bug is still there, I will have to play something else...

Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 21 Jan 2007, 11:05

ok, I've figured out what was wrong...

I've changed the camera setting into "HOMM classic view", what made me see further into the map and realise that a tan-coloured caravan is blocking the way of a red-coloured hero, so apparently the hero couldn't get through and therefore the event was not triggered...(therefore the game got "stuck").
All I had to do is to end my turn and let one day pass (BEFORE attacking the garrison). A day later, after I've beaten the garrison, the caravan was gone, the event was triggerd (the red hero could pass through) and I could continue playing(eventually finishing the mission - and obviously beating HOF :) )

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Jan 2007, 11:07

Good to know, thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 21 Jan 2007, 11:13

Yeah, I'm glad I've managed to overcome this one (and maybe help others who had this problem) :) .

Agnus Dei
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Agnus Dei » 01 Feb 2007, 11:30

Hi guys. I have another problem. My game crashes every time I attack Tor Hrall (King Tholgar), so I can't finish the campaign and I don't know what happens in the final cutscene. Can enyone, please, share it with me and please don't be cheap on the details? Thanx

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 01 Feb 2007, 11:33

Will have to beat it again to get full details, but when I do, I will fill you in :)

Agnus Dei
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Agnus Dei » 01 Feb 2007, 17:17

Thanx Mytical. Looking forward to it :-D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”