Pissed off laptop owner!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
krs
Peasant
Peasant

Pissed off laptop owner!

Unread postby krs » 15 Dec 2006, 13:10

I would like to check if my perception of the following is worng.
I don't intend to offend anybody, I just put some figures.

Gamers owning a laptop
Eastern Europe (Nivals Rusia included) < 1%
Germany, UK (US can be added here) >25%

Gamers who actually buy the game
Eastern Europe (Nivals Rusia included) < 1%
Germany, UK (US can be added here) >75%

It is clear where the money comes from, so why the h.ll laptop graphic cards are not supported? Maybe Nival thought that if they dont have so many, nobody else does?

For me it was an unpleasant surprise to find out that the expensive(but lets forget about that) HoF expansion that I bought, is sometimes not playable on my laptop, because of SEVERE!!! graphic artifacts.

krs

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Dec 2006, 13:23

Stop your whining and be thankfull that they made the game in the first place when it was dead :rofl:

Sorry,I couldnt ressist.But serriously,the missing support for many graphic cards,especially lap top ones,is just one out of many arguments against the game being 3D.Its obvious that their primary target were gamers that play a game for a month or so,then toss it away and look only for the shiney in the game.Thats not who you target when you make a strategy,especially a turn based one,but what can you do now but hope the next one will be better?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 15 Dec 2006, 23:18

don't know what kind of graphics card is in your laptop, but typically I find 3rd party video drivers to be far better for most laptop cards.

example: the omega drivers.

check and see if your card is covered:

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Dec 2006, 01:59

I'm afraid I shall have to disagree with your arguments, krs. Laptops just aren't built for gaming, and Heroes V is a very demanding game graphics-wise. Add those together and the likelihood of Heroes V running well on your computer aren't great, if it runs at all.

I shall also have to pick your numbers apart, I'm afraid. First question, where did you get your figures? Second question: 25+1 is 30, 75+1 is 76... where are the remaining percentages? Third question: you say "gamers owning a laptop"; well, I'm a gamer, and I own a laptop, that doesn't mean I'm using my laptop for gaming; I actually have a gaming PC too. Of the numbers you propose, are all the gamers using their laptops for gaming?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

NeXaR
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NeXaR » 16 Dec 2006, 02:03

I do have a laptop, I am a gamer, and I play heroes V in my laptop without any problem. Let me guess... you have an Intel video card, right? :devious:
Common sense is commonless of senses

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 17 Dec 2006, 00:02

I've said it many times before but I'm willing to say it again .... I'd be perfectly happy if Nival released an expansion that had a 2d expansion mode. That would be worth 20$ all by itself.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 17 Dec 2006, 00:08

actually, I would be happy if they would simply add a button that disables animation of map objects both in the editor and in the game.

that, in and of itself, would improve the performance dramatically on lower end machines.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”