Skaven town...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Skaven town...

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Dec 2006, 17:05

Damn, another way better ideea then having Dark Elves in Dungeon. But if it can't be done then lets cook up something else. Anyone got any ideeas? If not i'll think of one later.

For those unfamuliar with Skaven, they're Ratmen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skaven
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 14 Dec 2006, 17:49

not really inpressed, where would they live? what would be their goals, why aren't they in history, what god would they worship
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Dec 2006, 19:07

haloswift wrote:not really inpressed, where would they live? what would be their goals, why aren't they in history, what god would they worship
You don't really get it either.

There are already 5 aboveground factions, a 3rd underground one could work. And what's with this obsesion about worshiping something. They're atheists, and they're a secret the DE's have kept for themselves. The Dungeon is made out of stalactites cause the bottom is at risk from the Skaven, which are a secret race that Urgash created after the demons. They use their blight magik to ruin crops, poison waters and spread diseases while remining hidden. The birth of the Dark Messiah has prompted them to take more overt action.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Dec 2006, 19:13

Ah,but what about their motives?You are forgeting that in this game no one is plain good or evil,they all have deeper motives :devil:

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 14 Dec 2006, 19:21

They want to dig all over and the rest faction are not happy with that mess!As deep as any motive you can find in H5 :devious:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 14 Dec 2006, 20:19

They want to steal the women and oggle at them for all eternity!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Dec 2006, 21:13

They enjoy living in garbage, so they want to conquer everyone in order to make them fork over the garbage. The demons are Urgash's destructive side, while the rats are his self-indulgent one (read fetish for Nurgle).

Oh, here' s an army list for ideeas: http://uk.games-workshop.com/skaven/min ... 2Dgallery/

raju
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby raju » 15 Dec 2006, 08:21

A Skaven town would be good (I am not being sarcastic; I mean it). But what units would they have? Perhaps the "Kharagh" from age of wonders could be their Level 7 creature? Anyway for their goals and motives I can only come up with this: since everyone despises them they want to destroy all other races and have all resources to themselves.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 18 Dec 2006, 23:06

Wizardry 7/8 had the Rattkins, who were arguably the most interesting and sympathetic race.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Lyan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lyan » 18 Dec 2006, 23:40

It would be really great, and allow lot of imagination for its units, still you could inspire from the skaven civilisation in warhammer.

For their background, they could be the first (only) born and living almost totally underground. Dark elves are normal castaway elves, and dwarven should have been born from stone in the heart of mountains, still they spend a lot of time aboveground where they find their subsistance.
Skaven could be the fruit of a very long and undisturbed evolution in the depth of earth, in caverns were even dark elves and dwarves don't go.. far far away form the surface. They are not used to the bright light of sun, and doesn't like it, so they never bothered emerging from their dark home. they are not an organized civilisation, have only small clans or group leaders. The rare times they entered in contact with civilisation were when some adventurous dwarven miner had the bad idea to look at the wrong place, and dwarves and elves alike had enough torubles fighting each other without a new enemy they knew almost nothing about. So they let the skaven in peace, never went to the playe where they supposed they were living, and the skavens which are by nature fearful from what they don't know, never wanted to come to close from the noisy dwarven cities.
Everything could 've stayed this way, but nature is a power that no one can control and the depths of earth were shaking. The skavens were used to frequent earthquakes and their precarious dwelling moved with the earth. They accepeted that from time to time an entire cavern would collapse thus killing hundreds of them. But they felt almost no empathy towards their sibblings. "they die today, well other will be born soon enough..." But the earth was shaking like never before, their counted their loss by thousands... the skavens were scared. They were finaly a little above animals, and fear is a primary animal instinct which can lead them to do something they never even thought about before. Going out, going where the earth wasn't shaking, going above ground !

So this could be why they are suddenly appearing on the surface, as well as a first explanation to their motives.

I can easily imagine them living with some non-skaven creatures, why not beholders, or something very alike.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 19 Dec 2006, 02:52

Lyan: I like what you wrote (very complete and interesting too ;) ).

As for the Skaven themselves, IMO, they should have a high growth rate (rats breed like mad...them and rabbits :devil:).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

raju
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby raju » 19 Dec 2006, 10:18

Any chance any of these creatures might be in Skaven town? If it ever develops?

Oculan - Beholder (a change from the usual evil eyes)
Troglodytes - Infernal Troglodytes

I can think of only 2 for now :|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Dec 2006, 10:22

raju wrote: Oculan - Beholder (a change from the usual evil eyes)
I support this 150%!Beholders should really be the mighty upgrade.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 19 Dec 2006, 11:02

Oh no, please, no more Warhammer rip-offs ! Don't make me wrong, I have nothing against Skavens in Warhammer, quite the contrary actually, but please not in Might and Magic.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Dec 2006, 17:00

Pls, i'd take Skaven over Druchii any day of the week. And anyway, i doubt that GW would allow such a blatant ripoff.

Oculan
NO, just no.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Feb 2007, 22:49

Sweet Skaven pic:

They would have fit so much better in Dungeon then the palish elves. :(

Phate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Phate » 19 Feb 2007, 16:59

I agree, one elf race was always enough.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”