Most powerful racial skills

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which racial skill (excluding necromancy) do you think is the most powerful?

Poll ended at 20 Dec 2006, 00:51

Counterstrike
16%
Gating
57%
Artificer
11%
Irresistible Magic
11%
Avenger
5%

Total votes: 37

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Dec 2006, 23:51

Hmm yeah you right about it, wonder what I was thinking when I wrote that ;| :creative:

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 18 Dec 2006, 08:19

winterfate wrote:For me it was between Counterstrike and Gating (even though Sylvan as a faction rocks; it is my favorite faction :D)
In the end I voted for Counterstrike (200+ Marksmen in week three is just abusive...not many things can survive a shot from THAT that early in the game).
Doesn't that use up a hell of a lot of gold?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 18 Dec 2006, 08:30

Actually not always. With the 40% off building built it can be resonable (sometimes). Never cheap mind you, but somewhat reasonable (for peasants to archers only mind you).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 18 Dec 2006, 14:56

On the maps that I tend to play I would tend to go with CounterStrike [Training]. Knowing that before long you can have tons of Marksmen that the AI & humans will have a hard time dealing with is hard to resist.

Gating is next. You always have gating no matter the map. Getting those reinforcements for early map clearing is so CRITICAL [and Inferno would fail so miserably without the skill] that there are good arguements for this being most powerful.

Avenger is a little too map dependant for me. It's great when you've got it but it's not-so-great when you don't. Having to go back to your castle to shift things around is a real pain.

Artificer is next. If you're on a resource rich map they're great but I find that I don't have to resources to excersize this ability in the early game as much as I'd like. Still a short boost of power just before you take a mine then crunching the artifact can be handy. It's not as useful as it could be because you can only use it in your castle.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”