HOF - Need Help - The Decoupling

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
jomac
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HOF - Need Help - The Decoupling

Unread postby jomac » 01 Dec 2006, 07:50

Maya's Quest
Mission Five The Final
aka The Decoupling

I'd appreciate any clues to build up a hero enough to take final castle before time runs out.

zuraffo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zuraffo » 01 Dec 2006, 08:54

For my case, I have been building my Wulstan (?) towards ultimate, so basically I just get ultimate with Wulfstan and wipe out the final castle. Absolute protection is just mean.

godlyatheist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: HOF - Need Help - The Decoupling

Unread postby godlyatheist » 01 Dec 2006, 12:17

jomac wrote:Maya's Quest
Mission Five The Final
aka The Decoupling

I'd appreciate any clues to build up a hero enough to take final castle before time runs out.
take the horseshoe

important skills:
wulfstan: warmachines + ballista + tent(or triple ballista), light magic, destruction, logistics
ylaya: destruction(master of fire), light, sorcery(arcane training, double regen, erratic mana)
freyda: attack(the basics), defense(evasion and vitality , light magic(all the mass skills)
they should all be at lv25-26 at the start of this mission.

week one:
give ylaya the archangels. she can wipe the floor with her spells so she should not lose more than 1 creature. if you want, you can skip the sucubus mistress with instant travel. take out the stranded units first then alaric. with good placement and strat, he should run away leaving you with no loss.(hint, his champion will charge first, so split a single minatour to stop it-first return the angel to isabel)

Week two:
Send Wulfstan to capture the second haven town at full speed. Use instant travel to pass the gate with 10000 enforcers. With his stats his warmachines + tent wil give you no loss. he's done fighting after this. send ylaya to take down the first gate and mines(resurrect + meteor shower). she's done fighting after this.

give all units from duncan and isabel to freyda. build lv5 mage guild(need resurrect!!!!! if you don get it, try the second town) asap. have her take out all demon town by end of week four. don bother taking any mines with her. She should have no loss with good strat and resurrect. buy a hero from a inferno town and flag mines for resources.

week four
summon creature + townportal to give freyda lots of creature. have wulfstan and isabel run a recuit express between the two towns with IT and TP(becareful after you take the inferno towns, you can get TPed downstairs). Visit all stat boost and finish taking down mines and artifacts. You should be taking mines with wulfstanm and ylaya as they travel. You don't need to build anything except the lv5 guild plus marksmen upgrade(build everything if it's on easy). have duncan train the peasants into marksmen(he has expert trainer from teh get go). trade everything into gold.

sometime in m1w3 you should take down the garrison with 10000 enforcers. Freyda can do it with no loss(mass every light magic). You should have about 700-800 marksmen. with divine strength and mass haste they shoot through enforcers like paper. You can do paladin w/ layhand and archangel/resurrect combo if you need more power. a stack of 1k enforcers can't kill a single paladin on retaliation if your defense is high.

march to the fortress during the last week. don bother building up the dungeon town, waste of money.

before taking the second dwarf fortress, save the game. i had it freeze on me the first time after defeating the garisson.

final fight. do not even think about going in cause freyda can't break those walls. dive + blessed marksmen + inquisitor should be more than adquite since the dwarves will only shoot the marksmen. so you just stick squires next to it and resurrect every so often. if any thing comes out, paladin will do the trick.
shoot in this order: berserker, rune mage, magma or shieldguard(whichever comes out first).

just mass buff your troops.

i don think anyone else can do a better job than freyda.

jomac
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Thanks

Unread postby jomac » 02 Dec 2006, 06:18

I built things as quickly as possible and attacked with Freyda. Success!

Is that it? The added scenerio went quickly.

godlyatheist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby godlyatheist » 02 Dec 2006, 21:58

yes, freyda is the key

PaladinOfMM
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PaladinOfMM » 03 Dec 2006, 03:29

I just finished The Final minutes ago.

What I had was I used Yyala to capture Inferno towns, get Devils, upgrade one of the town's Tier 7 so that I can get ArchDevils. I also got Pit Lords, Nightmares and Succubus Mistress.

I used Freya to attack since she's level 29 + Expert War Machine, Expert Light Magic with Resurrection spells and Mass benefician spells. She has high attack and defense. She has 15 Archangels, 40 Paladins and 88 Inquisitors.

Just do everything quickly. Once you saved Horncrest, send Yyala down to capture all Inferno towns. I used Yyala to capture the Castle to the East. I send Wulfy to the north to clear the paths since Dwarven troops cannot be recruited at all. But be sure to capture the Fortress Millitary Post to prevent the enemy town from getting Fire Dragons!

Duncan did nothing much except for exploration.

Once easy way to win this campaign is to capture as many mines as possible and try to get those nice artifacts lying around without losing much important troops. Use the training grounds to your advantage to train up more Paladins or the Inqusitors.

Resurrection and Mass spells helped a lot. Destroying the Fortress wall fast is important too.

ps: did anyone get the Dungeon town? I think it is going underground via a tunnel staircase to the east of the Fortress.

Warning: do not read the bottom message because it contains major spoilers!

After you finished the campaign, cut scene appears. Raelag talks to Tieru's ghost and Tieru told Raelag to go East to find something and at the Free Cities. Tieru mentioned Orcs (I smell Dark Messiah....). Saint Isabel is Biara. Anderic, I think he could be the Dark Messiah.... but then again maybe not. Isabel already gave "birth" to Sareth and I think Anderic and Sareth could be related somehow...

I got a feeling Freya will be the next queen and Wulfstan will be the new dwarven king.

Maybe we will have a Barbarian town like in the 2nd expansion with Orcs.
The Paladin of Might and Magic

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 04 Dec 2006, 08:56

Ok would somebody please tell me the most favored skills of the 5 main heroes in this? It would be most appreciated. Prefer somebody who has beat it on heroic without mods or cheats :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

joky
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joky » 04 Dec 2006, 18:50

Mytical wrote:Ok would somebody please tell me the most favored skills of the 5 main heroes in this? It would be most appreciated. Prefer somebody who has beat it on heroic without mods or cheats :).

Well, I just finished all in heroic mode.

Freyda: I did go for the Ultimate, with guardian angel and unstoppable charge on either champion or griffin, you can never lose.

wuffstan: Go fo the ultimate with the addition of sorcery, cast your fire magic with the troops defending.

ylaya: Go for destructive, sorcery, luck (warlock's luck), attack (already have). the left slot you can choose logistics, enlightening...

you don't need to care about the other two.

As for the final compain:

week 1, while ylaya go to save Duncan, Isabel using instant travel to occupay all the mines around the three demon cities.

week2: Occupy all the towns except darwen king. what I did: wuffstan took all the demon towns, freyda take haven towns and ylaya take the one requiring key to pass. the other two just picking resources. then use either hero to fight dwarven kings, ylaya with destructive magic, freyda with lots of knights with unstoppable charge and good buffs and resurrections, or wuffstan with magic and troops defending (will attack attackers first)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”