Finished HOF... thoughts (AND SPOILERS)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 22 Jan 2007, 05:14

Oh wow! It's nice to see my summaries posted on the front page. Thanks. And for the record, don't let the snarkiness fool you. I definitely appreciate the game. A new Heroes game is better than none at all. :D

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 22 Jan 2007, 09:32

The story was pretty much similar to a cheap hollywood film, except that the characters had russian names...
I guess we can apreciate the release... but for its potential and certainly not for the quality of the story...
and btw... great blog lotusreaver... I had fun reading it...

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 23 Jan 2007, 10:54

Ok I am going to pose a question here, but part of it applies to regular HoMM5.

Light Magic, Haven, and Ressurrection. Ok Haven has Arch Angels, Heroes that has Light magic and Ressurrection, so why/how could any of there heroes actually die (besides old age)? Technically I guess if one got burned to ashes it would be difficult to ressurect them.

Now for the big questions. Why in all the name of sanity was necromancy able to restore Nicoli when Ressurrection could not? If Isabel wanted Nicoli back that bad, why not have him ressurrected instead? Surely somebody (or some artifact) could do this as good (or in this case better) then Necromancy.

When Godric 'died' why was he not just ressurrected? There were archangels right there for pitties sake! Ok done ranting..for now.

(yes I know it took me awhile to ask these questions, but I had been wondering about this for quite awhile ;)).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 23 Jan 2007, 13:07

Gameplay and story are two different things.

Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 23 Jan 2007, 13:47

Mytical wrote: Now for the big questions. Why in all the name of sanity was necromancy able to restore Nicoli when Ressurrection could not? If Isabel wanted Nicoli back that bad, why not have him ressurrected instead? Surely somebody (or some artifact) could do this as good (or in this case better) then Necromancy.

Its just like in fantasy books - when someone is dead for too long OR when someone's body was severely disfigured, you cant ressurrect him. However, Ressurrect and Raise Dead are two different things...Theoretically, anyone can be raised from the dead - but as a zombie, and not as the living creature he was before. So, Markal tricked Isabel to believe that he would bring Nicolai to life while he was planning to raise him as a zombie (vampire in this case) all along...
Mytical wrote:Light Magic, Haven, and Ressurrection. Ok Haven has Arch Angels, Heroes that has Light magic and Ressurrection, so why/how could any of there heroes actually die (besides old age)? Technically I guess if one got burned to ashes it would be difficult to ressurect them.

Again, based on fantasy books: Ressurrection is like "cure serious/critical wounds" (maybe you've played the legendary Baldur's Gate) but a bit better - it's like healing someone, but the difference is that it works also when someone is already dead. However, if someone dies because he is too old - there's nothing to heal! His organs are weak and old, but they are not wounded, and ressurrection doesnt make anyone/anything "younger", therefore - he cant be brought back to life.
EDIT: oops, I've just figured out that you've already brough up the subject of old age, so nevermind that one...

And for your question about Godric - this one is indeed odd, since the possible reasons I've mentiond for the other issues doesnt fit to this one...

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 23 Jan 2007, 15:03

Well Godric had to die because the writer wanted a dramatic scene and nobody can save you from that. If you remember Mona's end in Max Payne 2 you would think she could use some painkillers but gameplay rules or real life logic hardly applies to the scenario sometimes. Or maybe it was just meant to happen and an excuse for Elrath to interfere. In the original H5 there were no divine interventions.

About Nicolai's resurrection there may have been something more to it. Apparently Markal had some of the secrets of Asha which is superior to Elrath's power. Magic that can bring your soul back from paradise should be powerful and not easy to obtain. Seeing as Asha has two faces one would think that the spider goddess part was just a necromancer's cult but who knows...We never learnt much about it. Yet.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Return to “Heroes V-VI”