Double futa

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Paladine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Double futa

Unread postby Paladine » 26 Nov 2006, 23:26

OK, I have been very patient with this map and have put a lot of time into it (about 4-5 days so far) but enough is enough, why wasn't this map playtested before release?

Its not enough that the Dragon Utopia's are impossible to defeat (everytime you kill one set of 1000ish dragons the Utopia still stay not visited and when you click it again you get -even more dragons-???) but now I find the portal I am supposed to use underground to get back to the South West town doesn't work!. It is impossible to click on the portal. I can click in front, to the side and behind, but I can't click on the portal and thus I cannot get back to the South West castle.

I was initially impressed with this map as I love big battles and long games, but now I just want my 5 days back please.

Paladine

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 27 Nov 2006, 03:48

sorry, i dont think theres any way to give back your 5 days. i havent played the map, but you should try contacting the guy who made it.

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 27 Nov 2006, 20:21

Well, I downloaded it (from Maps for Heroes before it appeared here).

Once I read the accompanying text I thought, "This may be an odd map, I'll try it when I have lots of time and patience." (more than usual).

This confirms my decision, it may be while longer yet.

Have you read the text file that came with it? It may be different from the one I had if you downloaded yours from CH though.
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

evilp
Boy Scout
Boy Scout

Unread postby evilp » 03 Dec 2006, 15:02

Get back to the South West town……?
There is only a Demon Soverein`s Citadel
We don't need "get back"...and...

The bridge before Monolith Two Way is broken
It's a Region beside the bridge can take you before the Monolith Two Way

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 10 Jul 2008, 18:35

The monolith that can't be used is underground, south of the heaven town . I can't move forward with the game after defeating the southwest town army and also defeating the underground town on the south. How can we go fight Raelag ? Nothing I can do will teleport my hero to the northeast. What's the deal with the crazy angel wing ? How can I acess the yellow town ?

I think the map has not been tested and it has bugs.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 10 Jul 2008, 19:08

Just use cheats :)

Here's how:
Go to the directory where you installed Heroes 5. Then enter the profiles folder, and open the autoexec_a2.cfg file with Notepad (if you don't have Tribes of the East, open autoexec.cfg)

Add the following line at the beginning of this file:
setvar dev_console_password = schwinge-des-todes

Now go to your My Documents directory (Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents), enter the My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\profiles folder (without TotE you should enter My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V\profiles). Now enter the folder with your profile name in the game. Open input_a2.cfg (input.cfg without TotE) with Notepad.

Add the following lines at the beginning of this file:
bind show_console '`'
bind fog_of_war 'CTRL' + 'SHIFT' + 'F'
bind adventure_teleport 'CTRL' + 'SHIFT' + 'T'

Now you activated the console! (you never have to do this again - unless you change your game profile)

The following actions must be made each time you want to cheat:
Launch the game. Open the map or save, and press the key right to the left of your 1 key (the ` or ~ key). Write enable_cheats and press 'Enter'. Now you can use cheats. (hide the console any time by pressing the ~ key again)

Try holding your CTRL and SHIFT keys while pressing F, and you should deactivate the Fog of War on the map.
As for teleporting your hero: select the hero you want to teleport, move the cursor on the place you want him/her to be teleported and then press the T key while holding the CTRL and SHIFT keys. Note that you can't teleport your hero someplace where (s)he can't, e.g. in an unwalkable tile or near an enemy creature or hero.

There are also other useful cheats that are explained in the HOMM5_CheatCodes.pdf file found in the Editor Documentation folder (which is located in the H5 directory) ;)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 11 Jul 2008, 23:00

Asheera

Thanks. I did everything you suggested but when I key "`" nothing happens. There is no console to allow the "enable_cheats" command. I also Tried "~" to no avail.

I loaded a saved game and tried to enable the console with "`".

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 11 Jul 2008, 23:41

Well whatever key you put between the quotes in the

bind show_console "e"

will work, just make sure it isn't a key that does something else already.

If it's not working you've mistyped something like an extra space or a wrong character.

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 12 Jul 2008, 01:07

No dice. Nothing happens after pressing ` or any other available caracter. I also found this site with slightly different instructions for TOE but I guess the effect is the same anyway:

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... eats.shtml

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 12 Jul 2008, 01:22

Well whether or not you can get the console working the map is pre-tribes made and probably wouldn't work well in Tribes. Are you playing it in original heroes v, hof, or tribes?

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 12 Jul 2008, 02:44

I only have TOE.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 12 Jul 2008, 11:43

Try to place the following line in the input_a2.cfg file

bind hide_interface 'CTRL' + 'I'

Then enter the game and press I while holding CTRL down. It should hide the entire interface (buttons, etc). Press it again to show the interface.

If the above works it means that you did something wrong with enabling the console with that password. So make sure you do the following:
Go to the directory where you installed Heroes 5. Then enter the profiles folder, and open the autoexec_a2.cfg file with Notepad. Add the following line at the beginning of this file:
setvar dev_console_password = schwinge-des-todes

If hiding the interface doesn't work then it means you have problems with binding a key. Make sure you do the following steps correctly:

Go to your My Documents directory (Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents), enter the My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\profiles folder. Now enter the folder with your profile name in the game. Open input_a2.cfg with Notepad.

Add the following lines at the beginning of this file:
bind show_console '`'
bind fog_of_war 'CTRL' + 'SHIFT' + 'F'
bind adventure_teleport 'CTRL' + 'SHIFT' + 'T'
bind hide_interface 'CTRL' + 'I'

!!! Make sure you edit the input_a2.cfg file in the My Documents\blabla path, NOT the one in TotE dir\profiles\default_profiles !!!

And of course, make sure the files are saved. Open them again and see if the lines are added there
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 13 Jul 2008, 17:14

The "I" works just fine but not the console. Interesting that we have so many different instructions on where to insert the scripts. I tried your formula and about 5 other combinations to no avail. Always same result: hit "`' and nothing happens at all.

I give up. Thanks anyway.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 13 Jul 2008, 17:18

Sorry to hear that.

I don't really know what's happening. Your game either doesn't support the console (bug?) or that password thingy is incorrect

Return to “Heroes V-VI”