Favorite Fortress creature?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Favorite Fortress creature?

Shieldguard
6%
Skirmisher
2%
Blackbear Rider
16%
Berserker
6%
Rune Patriarch
10%
Warlord
33%
Magma Dragon
27%

Total votes: 51

gregthanatos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gregthanatos » 29 Nov 2006, 04:35

Rune Patriarch was probably my favorite because I like the look of the unit and the swirling animation of his ranged attack. I wish they called him a gnome instead of a dwarf though. He looks gnomish and I bet thats how the artist desgned him before they decided to call him a dwarf.

I also wish they called the thane a giant too because I bet that was what was originally intended and it fits better as the the berserkir is already an extra large dwarf.

I think all the units look great. They look better than I expected them to from the pictures. I think its because the animations were done so well and they move more realistic than the original units (especially the magma dragon). They are fun to play with though and the ruins are like having an extra special ability of the players choice. They are all kind of weak though, some more glaringly than others. Even using the ruins they dont seem to match the haven or dungeon troops.

Has anyone found a use for the berserkers by the way? In my opinion they are without a doubt the worst 4th level creature. When I started using them I would stack all other units on one side, get him in position, put a rune on him, use his special, and still watch him do little to nothing. Later I placed my units more statigicly and just left him sitting in the back. At least the AI targets him a lot or he would have no use.

I also liked how they managed to make the female dwarf hero's busty and trashy. Im not being sarcastic either! Im so used to the boring moderate majority screaming "sexist", "racist", or "inapropriate" to anything mildly interesting. Its refreshing to see naked sucubuses with spiked nips and fire shooting between there legs, and in this case dwarfs with pasties and tatoos around balony nips.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Nov 2006, 04:41

8|
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Nov 2006, 05:31

The H5 "Dark" elves are lightskinned.
assassins are light skinned?

well, blood furies are a bit on the gray side.

oh, and in Salvatore's world, there were lighter skinned drow too, but most were kinda charcoal gray.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 29 Nov 2006, 18:12

just look at the heroes their white

and what would be the mongoloid level 7 tier ???????
prolly somthing like billy the kid in the green mile xD
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Nov 2006, 19:22

gregthanatos wrote:move more realistic than the original units (especially the magma dragon).

Its refreshing to see naked sucubuses with spiked nips and fire shooting between there legs, and in this case dwarfs with pasties and tatoos around balony nips.
I'm calling shennenigans... get the brooms.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

cooper82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cooper82 » 07 Dec 2006, 11:57

Voted Blackbear Rider.

It has huge defense good hp and speed, with defensive spells (Deflect arrow, Endurance) it becomes brutal... and of course its price is very good.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 07 Dec 2006, 22:08

in playing the dwarves over the campaigns and several maps now, I'd have to conclude that bear riders are the "backbone" of the dwarven armies, like hunters are for the elves.

would most agree with that?

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 08 Dec 2006, 01:11

I vote for Wolftan, now my favourite character of HoMM. Seriously though, Warlords are really effective. I once used that rune which enabled him to attack all enemies around, with every attack triggered their lightning ability. :D

I think dwarwen town is my favourite of whole series.

zuraffo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zuraffo » 08 Dec 2006, 03:18

I am surprise shield guard got so little vote. These guys are tough for a level 1. Besides, you get lotsa them.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Dec 2006, 03:40

One of those votes was my mercy vote,so they got just one...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”