Stuck on Inferno #4

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Nov 2006, 19:20

tb5841 wrote:What difficulty are you playing on? I played on normal and won first time, but I'm not sure this would work on other difficulties. I went straight for the inferno town and just built this up, I took the eastern sylvan town at one point but left it unguarded and built nothing in it and it soon got taken back. But for the most part I completely ignored the sylvan heroes, and went straight for the town you're meant to take. I didn't bother with the spectral dragons' quest, I just killed them and went through.

I had a smaller army than the computer in the final battle, but once they were left with just treants and mana-less sprites, they just defended while I took them out with spells. Very unimpressive AI, and I won first time.
I was playing on normal, and that must of been lucky for you, because the Sylvan heroes eventually come for me if I don't move.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 23 Nov 2006, 19:28

The Mad Dragon wrote: I was playing on normal, and that must of been lucky for you, because the Sylvan heroes eventually come for me if I don't move.
Offtopic, but I've noticed the same thing when playing custom maps. If you stop and wait for something, then they come and attack you. If you move even with no real purpose, they won't.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Nov 2006, 19:30

I wonder why that is? Perhaps a counter against ppl that turtle?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 Nov 2006, 20:12

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Gaidal Cain wrote:The southern one won't allow you to build very far. Going for Inferno is a good idea since you have the skills to help you, but you'll probably need some help from Sylvan forces (hunters and dragons) for the last fight.
Why?I had no trouble beating them with just inferno forces.Plus,they dont run from you.
You're more experienced than the mad giant lizard. For someone who's not as used to heroes games, reinforcing the Inferno ranks with Hunters and Dragons is a good idea, even if the number of hunters will be reduced by the spectral dragon toll.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 23 Nov 2006, 20:17

WARNING SPOILER INCLOSED...don't read past this point if you dont want to know this spoiler.

Seriously, there is a minor spoiler on down, if you don't want to know about this spoiler, please read no farther.

Last Chance..turn back now...cause here is the spoiler

Ok when you take the hunters to the dragons it is best to have only exactly 100 hunters. Any above and beyond that will STILL be lost. If you want hunters in your army, have a secondary hero hold them until after the dragons leave then give them back to the one who fed the 100 hunters to the dragons. 1st time I played I lost almost 200 this way :(. Good thing I saved right before :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Nov 2006, 20:21

Gaidal Cain wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:
Gaidal Cain wrote:The southern one won't allow you to build very far. Going for Inferno is a good idea since you have the skills to help you, but you'll probably need some help from Sylvan forces (hunters and dragons) for the last fight.
Why?I had no trouble beating them with just inferno forces.Plus,they dont run from you.
You're more experienced than the mad giant lizard. For someone who's not as used to heroes games, reinforcing the Inferno ranks with Hunters and Dragons is a good idea, even if the number of hunters will be reduced by the spectral dragon toll.
I'm used to Heroe games, but not used to Heroes 5.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Nov 2006, 20:21

Ah,but you get a bonus for quantity,dont forget that :devil:

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Nov 2006, 20:23

And the bonus would be?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Nov 2006, 20:25

Dont ask me,I never got it :D More XP plus an artifact,I think.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Nov 2006, 20:35

You should confirm it for us ;).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Nov 2006, 21:45

Why should I?Someone else did it already,so it has been confirmed.I forgot who though,but if you search the threads about this mission you may find it.

There you go:
Pitsu wrote:
Mytical wrote: Also, don't take more then the 100 ammount, even if you have to leave some with the elven hero. You loose them all, and waste any above 100.
Yes, that is what happens. The game script, however, says that bringing 500 or more hunters will give you a bonus artifact (dragon tongue sword) and another cutscene. Never tried it myself. Anyone to confirm whether the script works?
Mytical wrote: Just brought them 500+ and yep you get a special cutscene where Agrael says "I guess this is what are to become of the Elves, mere shadows of themselves." Then you see like a flaming sword, then the elves get roasted and you get the Dragon Tongue Sword. For 500 Elves....they can keep it :)

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 24 Nov 2006, 15:37

So, I did the rush technique and managed to take 2 of the Sylvan towns, though I ended up losing to a neutral stack. It would seem that rushing is indeed key.

Now, the walkthrough really doesn't say, but should I pick up the resources that are along the way(not mines)?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Nov 2006, 15:49

Thats what secondary heroes are for.Especially if you manage to get them resourcefulness.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 24 Nov 2006, 15:51

Yes well the first Sylvan town doesn't have a tavern(but the walkthrough says to take the Inferno town after the first Sylvan town.)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Nov 2006, 16:12

Leaving a few of those piles wont harm you.Just take what you really need(knowing the cost of buildings helps in this kind of advanced planning).But you can take those on your path,it wont harm you.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 24 Nov 2006, 16:16

Ore, Wood and Gold it is, lol.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Nov 2006, 20:11

maybe the side quest is where you go wrong
who cares bout the stupid dragon just finish your main objective also you should try EVERYTHING to get instand travel in whatever campain you are, it saves you a lotta trouble with anoyying garrinsons it doesn't matter if you have to shave your cat or sell you sister just GET IT

the 5ft mission on haven campain I instand traveled over the garrinson with a legion of pid lords and stole the inferno town, and voila no more demon invasions anymore xD

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 24 Nov 2006, 20:18

Well, if we cant' get instant travel(there is no instant travel spell to my knowledge), then the Dragon is the only other option.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Nov 2006, 20:23

Yes the dragons are the way to go, in fact 100 hunters is not bad, and they can be killed (the dragons that is). Just dont bother going after the special cutscene and sword...it just is not worth it!
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 24 Nov 2006, 20:24

lol, that does seem rather steep. 500 elves for a sword.....lol

Return to “Heroes V-VI”