Official - Hammers of Fate Has been Released

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Official - Hammers of Fate Has been Released

Unread postby addicted » 14 Nov 2006, 23:45

I just got an Email from UBI stating HOF has now been released! But it is very confusing. In the email it also states you can download this expansion. When I clicked on the url to check out the download, it took me to the ubi store and it states 'preorder' now and pay when the game is available.. DUH!!! How can they say it is now released and you go to the page and the page wants you to pre-order.. weird.

Update:
I guess my ubi email must mean HOF has been released today (11/14/06) to the U.S. Stores.

Here is the specs it gives.
Note: This expansion requires the original game to play.

Take part into a thrilling new adventure in the world of Ashan with the Hammers of Fate expansion. Discover uncharted territories and experience new ways of playing Heroes of Might & Magic V.

Queen Isabel's war is over and the Griffin Empire is on its knees. The Empire is paralyzed by a vicious civil war, having barely recovered from the massive conflict against the demon hordes and the undead legions.

Isabel, now worshipped as a Saint, leads a merciless inquisition to purge the Empire of any trace of corruption. Rebel forces gather at the fringe of the realm to counter the Queen's fanatics. Meanwhile, from the north awakens a new power. After centuries of isolation, the Mountain Lords once again fuel their forges and blow their war horns...

Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Hammers of Fate Download Features

New faction:
Introducing a brand-new Dwarves faction, made up of heroic warriors and rune magic adepts who stalk the deepest mountains and most hostile regions of the North
A brand-new adventure:
Featuring 15 new missions, new heroes, and improved cut-scenes, the new campaign will lead you even deeper into the dramatic events that began with Heroes of Might and Magic V.
Extended game experience:
With new spells and abilities, 5 new single-player maps, 10 new multiplayer maps, new buildings, new artefacts, and new neutral creatures, Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate gives you the tools to develop new tactics and further your game experience both online and offline.

Improved mechanics and gameplay:
Thanks to new features such as Caravans and a random map generator, you will enjoy an even smoother experience and unlimited replayability. In addition, the simultaneous turn feature will speed up your online games.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Hammers of Fate Download Minimum System Requirements

Supported OS: Windows® 2000/XP (only)
Processor: Pentium® 4 or AMD AthlonTM 1.5 GHz (Pentium® 4 2.4 GHz recommended)
RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
Video Card: DirectX® 9 compliant w/ 64MB RAM (128 MB recommended)
Sound Card: DirectX® 9 compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX® 9 or higher
Hard Drive Space: 2+ GB
Multiplay: Broadband internet connection
Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Hammers of Fate Download File Size
1.67 GB
Version
Publisher
Ubisoft
Known Issues
None
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 15 Nov 2006, 00:15

Can't wait! By Friday I should have it! :hoo:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Nov 2006, 01:27

Known Issues
None
In their dreams maybe ....

anyone know anything about the new artifacts?
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 15 Nov 2006, 01:27

no way im getting it. im not spending $30... maybe for 10 or something, but until then i can live without the expansion. what i really want to see though is a picture of that snow ape already!!

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 15 Nov 2006, 01:46

Anybody manage to play it yet?
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

geekman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby geekman » 15 Nov 2006, 04:27

I'm not bothering to get it either. Heroes V did not meet my expectations, or standards, and, in my opinion, should not have been released with all the problems it had at the beginning, and still does. I haven't beaten the game yet either (I have found it very difficult on normal, except for the 1st campaign), so I see no reason to throw money away on a product that won't even work well for 2+ months, when I wouldn't even be playing it at all. The caravans would be nice, but I can live without 'em for a while.

erased. over. out
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby erased. over. out » 15 Nov 2006, 04:43

stefan.urlus wrote:
Known Issues
None

Not sure if you've visited this page before, but it has a list of some (if not all) of the new artifacts from HoF:

http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/expa ... te_eng.php

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 15 Nov 2006, 04:59

tome of death in the hands of a holy knight ... that may be interessant.
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 15 Nov 2006, 07:06

EB expects it at noon Wednesday. Best Buy says Thursday.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Nov 2006, 07:26

erased. over. out wrote:
stefan.urlus wrote:Known Issues
None

Not sure if you've visited this page before, but it has a list of some (if not all) of the new artifacts from HoF:

http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/expa ... te_eng.php
I didn't actually .... thanks, having a look now
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 15 Nov 2006, 09:06

I haven't patch anything, will HoF include patch 1.1 .2 .3 .4 of the HoMM V? Downloading the patches is a real pain :ill:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Nov 2006, 09:59

It would be quite idiotic if it didnt so...Oh,wait.Its nival...I dont know :devil:

But seriously,since the patch 1.4 was to be sinchronized with the expansion,you have nothing to worry about.Getting the expansion will make your game the latest version.However there will be patches for it later,so youll have to download something in the end.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 15 Nov 2006, 12:35

Just don't buy the bloody thing.... that way maybe they will figure out something is wrong...

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 15 Nov 2006, 12:46

stefan.urlus wrote:
Known Issues
None
In their dreams maybe ....
Yes I had to laugh out loud on that one Stefan.urlus,,, :lol: They don't know "all" the 'known' issues until the fans 'buy' it so the fans can do their dirty work to find the flaws for them!!!! Thats when they will finish the patch for it!!!! ;)
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 15 Nov 2006, 13:34

DaemianLucifer wrote: But seriously,since the patch 1.4 was to be sinchronized with the expansion,you have nothing to worry about.Getting the expansion will make your game the latest version.However there will be patches for it later,so youll have to download something in the end.
This paragraph is spooky. Astar talked as a civilized person!
Either it is the apocalypse or Jesus is coming back to purge the world of evil!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Nov 2006, 17:58

Sauron wrote: Either it is the apocalypse or Jesus is coming back to purge the world of evil!
Aren't those 2 the same thing?! :|

So, anyone aquired Farmers of Hate yet?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 15 Nov 2006, 18:23

I wish I could, but I thought you didn t care ... :disagree:
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Nov 2006, 18:25

Anything to spam about. And if i really cared i'd already have it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 15 Nov 2006, 18:36

Well, I opted to get it, and it arrived today. But before I install it, does anyone know if I will be able to play the map I have in progress? I'm playing the Isles of Terra map (I think it is. The Might and Magic 3 based map, anyway).

I would hate to have to start over, lol.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 15 Nov 2006, 18:37

Download is available now. Please don't start yours till mine finishes. :devious:

I really do think this is the way to sell software. Cuts the whole retail channel out of the picture, which provides more profits for the seller and lower prices for the buyer. (Since I will not need to drive 60 miles to the store and will not have to pay Texas Sales Tax, I save about $10 on the deal.)

When you think about it, it's positively absurd that they burn the game onto CDs, stuff them into boxes, truck (!) the boxes to the store, put the boxes on shelves and wait for customers to drive to the store, buy the box, return home, and load the game onto a PC that is on the SAME NETWORK as the developer.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”