Dwarves fire pet lizard...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bahototh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Dwarves fire pet lizard...

Unread postby Bahototh » 04 Nov 2006, 18:01

Wining, weeping...

Ok, This may have been said a few times already, but here's my op.

I think the L7 fire-breathing "dragon" creature of the dwarves looks totally wrong. First, it's ugly. The graphics doesn't mix with HommV, it looks out of place. Second, as many have pointed out; something other than another dragon would have been nice.

I realize this won't be a thing that the fans will try to get changed, but I had to speak up!

Any takers...?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 04 Nov 2006, 18:14

Well you are deffinately not alone in your thoughts. There are a few threads on this topic elsewhere, but yes there is a general agreement with a few holdouts. Anybody can come up with a dozen varieties of one species, and then stick them into the various creatures. Now true, the 7 dragons are supposed to be gods and each of the towns are supposed to worship one or the other of them. Look at haven and inferno however. Angels and Demons. Academy even has the Titan (though they follow the man who became a dragon). So that means though they worship the dragons, the dragons chose other creatures to represent themselves on the 'prime material plane'. So it is possible to have other creatures as tier 7, not just "x" dragon. :) anyhow I've rambled enough.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Dwarves fire pet lizard...

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Nov 2006, 18:42

Bahototh wrote: I think the L7 fire-breathing "dragon" creature of the dwarves looks totally wrong. First, it's ugly. The graphics doesn't mix with HommV, it looks out of place. Second, as many have pointed out; something other than another dragon would have been nice.
I have to disagree with you.The...hm.."creature" fits HV perfectly,because all of them are hideous(except for the succubi,of course :devil: ).

As for the alternatives,there were many great sugestions:From efreeti to behemoth.Any of those would fill the place much better than another boring fire breathing dinosaur.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2006, 18:56

Well at least it looks more different then the Green/Black ones do, but it does look pretty silly, and is a dragon...

But i find the fact that it's the only creature in the line up that isn't a Dwarf even worse.

As for alts, the Phoenix is the ultimate representation of fire, even if i'd prefer it in the nature town (rebirth). The only problem would be all the flying lvl7's, but then again that's cause they didn't use Swamp and Barbarian towns.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 04 Nov 2006, 19:00

if there would come something else than a behemoth into h5 stronghold (i hope it will come one good day), id be really pissed (so yeah, i dont want cyclopses as lvl 7.). so i wouldnt want behemoths as dwarf level 7.

so efreets... actually they would be better than firelizards. but i doubt nival is going to change that now when (i guess?) campaign is already almost made. and efreets should have been instead in inferno as tier 7 or 6 (i hate the ugly new muscledevils, they should be higher than just some grunt). its like a tradition.

and now, heres my point that i have manifested in many places: NIVAL SHOULD RENAME THA MAGMA/FIRE DRAGONS. into eg
Ash Salamander -> Magma Salamander. (lizard sounds just too plain.) its a LOT different than green/black/bone dragons. just dont take it as a dragon. take it as a giant lizard or amphibian or whatever.

and btw, imo non-upg look cool. upg look too non-descript like h4 phoenixes. upg model needs a complete makeover, non-upg looks great right now.

and, my main point, repeated once again: AT LEAST IT DOESNT FLY.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2006, 19:47

vhilhu wrote: NIVAL SHOULD RENAME THA MAGMA/FIRE DRAGONS. into eg
Ash Salamander -> Magma Salamander.(lizard sounds just too plain.)
To me Salamander sounds too plain also.
vhilhu wrote: and, my main point, repeated once again: AT LEAST IT DOESNT FLY.
IMO that's not really enough.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Shauku
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shauku » 04 Nov 2006, 19:51

The fact that the Magma Dragon is hideous (not the Fire Dragon, it looks fine) is the problem for me, not that it is a(nother) Dragon. If the Magma Dragon has 280 HP making it the toughest of them all, it is understandable that it is related to the gods and thus a Dragon.

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 04 Nov 2006, 20:15

if there would come something else than a behemoth into h5 stronghold (i hope it will come one good day), id be really pissed (so yeah, i dont want cyclopses as lvl 7.). so i wouldnt want behemoths as dwarf level 7.

so efreets... actually they would be better than firelizards. but i doubt nival is going to change that now when (i guess?) campaign is already almost made. and efreets should have been instead in inferno as tier 7 or 6 (i hate the ugly new muscledevils, they should be higher than just some grunt). its like a tradition.
so basically u want homm3...
come'on, it's not relly a dragon. it's a lizard, so what if they stupidly named it a dragon, and the thing that bothered me most about it is the way i saw it walks in the trailer. not lizard like at all. they could have done it better with minimum effort on their behalf.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2006, 20:27

Odish wrote: so basically u want homm3...
No, he mentioned nothing about the rest of the units. Behemoths we're cool, and Cyclopsi we're always lvl 6. :tongue:
Odish wrote: come'on, it's not relly a dragon. it's a lizard, so what if they stupidly named it a dragon,
Dragon - flying fire breathing lizard. ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Nov 2006, 20:29

Shauku wrote:The fact that the Magma Dragon is hideous (not the Fire Dragon, it looks fine) is the problem for me, not that it is a(nother) Dragon. If the Magma Dragon has 280 HP making it the toughest of them all, it is understandable that it is related to the gods and thus a Dragon.
Titans,angels and behemoths were the toughest in HIII,so I really dont see why a behemoth cannot be the toughest of them all.Especially because it would be a melee walker(a tank,that is).
Odish wrote: come'on, it's not relly a dragon. it's a lizard, so what if they stupidly named it a dragon, and the thing that bothered me most about it is the way i saw it walks in the trailer. not lizard like at all. they could have done it better with minimum effort on their behalf.
No,its not a lizard,its a dinosaur.A dumb looking one.Besides,why didnt they name it drake?Also,as I said once before,the best they could do is to make the dragons stand on all fours,like in HIV,but it seems that they finally realized that standing on all fours is HIV like so decided to "correct" it acording to the rule :disagree: Id much prefer if it was like the megadragon.
ThunderTitan wrote: No, he mentioned nothing about the rest of the units. Behemoths we're cool, and Cyclopsi we're always lvl 6. :tongue:
And hydras were always top level,so :tongue:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 04 Nov 2006, 20:43

DaemianLucifer wrote: And hydras were always top level,so :tongue:
Except for h1 and h2 :tonguehands:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2006, 20:57

Gaidal Cain wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: And hydras were always top level,so :tongue:
Except for h1 and h2 :tonguehands:
And in Dungeon/Warlock/BD town too. Where do you think Ubival got the brilliant inspiration to put them where they are now?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 04 Nov 2006, 21:44

Well, at least it wasn't H3. ;)

And note that I said h1 and h2. Guess what town they were in back then?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Shauku
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shauku » 04 Nov 2006, 21:44

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Titans,angels and behemoths were the toughest in HIII,so I really dont see why a behemoth cannot be the toughest of them all.Especially because it would be a melee walker(a tank,that is).
I am not saying that there couldn't be another unit on level 7. But a Dragon being the strongest in a world where Dragons are gods is quite logical. In H3 Dragons weren't tied to gods and had no need to show off their superiority (which Azure Dragon later did though...)
Behemoth would have fitted there as a walker, but if it needs a fire ability/attack to work with the faction that rules Behemoth out atleast in the current consept of the faction...

The name of Magma Dragon could have been a Magma Lizard or something like that, but it changes nothing for me if the looks of it remain like that.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2006, 21:53

Gaidal Cain wrote: And note that I said h1 and h2. Guess what town they were in back then?

pls insert brain, then read again, 10x
:tongue:

Behemoth would have fitted there as a walker, but if it needs a fire ability/attack to work with the faction that rules Behemoth out atleast in the current consept of the faction...
Not necesarly. They could just say that the dwarfs belive in self reliance so much that their god doesn't help them with a lvl7, so they tamed the Behemoth themselves.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Nov 2006, 21:59

So what if they worship a dragon of fire?That doesnt mean that their top tier has to be a fire creature.Besides,behemots fit the caves perfectly.

Shauku
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shauku » 04 Nov 2006, 22:41

I didn't mean that they must have a fire creature there because they worship fire dragon. I ment a creature with a fire attack/ability makes sence. It makes a nice combo with Mark of Fire for example and therefore can support the faction as a whole quite well.

Ofcourse it could have all been done differently, as with everything else in the game. Again, a Behemoth would have fitted there in my opinion too (as long as the Behemoth wouldn't look as horrible as the current MagmaD) :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2006, 23:11

Shauku wrote: I ment a creature with a fire attack/ability makes sense.
And so does one without (as explained in my post).

Like i said already an Efreet wouldn't really fit at lvl7, more like at 4 or 5. Stupid dwarf overload.

Shauku
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shauku » 04 Nov 2006, 23:23

Yes, and if you read my sentence more carefully you would see I used an if-sentence
if it needs a fire ability/attack to work with the faction that rules Behemoth out atleast in the current consept of the faction...
I used it because I don't know yet how the faction is supposed to work. If the fire-thingy plays a big role, Behemoth wouldn't fit in the current concept of the faction.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2006, 23:27

Shauku wrote:If the fire-thingy plays a big role, Behemoth wouldn't fit in the current concept of the faction.
They're all bloody dwarfs, and their main power seems to be melee. Doesn't sound like all their units are fire-dependent.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”