Single Player map - Heritage

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
saugeen
Peasant
Peasant

Single Player map - Heritage

Unread postby saugeen » 13 Oct 2006, 19:56

Since finished all the campaigns for the second time. I have been playing single and multi player maps. This one "Heritage" is impossible. The enemy hero Rutger has a hughmongous army which is impossible for my hero to defeat. I have tried to get the biggest army possible. I have tried to complete the mission in my starting location(underground) as quickly as possible. Does any one have any suggestions. I play on easy level and use auto combat.

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 13 Oct 2006, 20:08

Do not use autocombat!
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. " -Gandalf

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 13 Oct 2006, 20:24

Shuyssar wrote:Do not use autocombat!
Why? I always use auto-combat, and when result of the battle doesn't satisfy me, I just play it myself by clicking "repeat".

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Oct 2006, 21:36

Me too.In fact,this is the first instalment of heroes I like autocombat in.It also gives very interesting results sometimes.

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 13 Oct 2006, 21:44

DaemianLucifer wrote:Me too.In fact,this is the first instalment of heroes I like autocombat in.It also gives very interesting results sometimes.
Why use auto-combat? I guess if it's a small army & you want to get up & go for a beer. But, otherwise I NEVER use AC. What's the point? That's most of the HoMM series is battles! To each his own I guess.

Alex

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 13 Oct 2006, 21:47

I think they are talking about the quick combat feature from the options menu, not a.i. controlling both armies in the battles.

In regards to the map, for me the key is to teleport or walk into the central island (above ground) and capture the gold mines (I guess this works underground too). The enemy a.i. will usually ignore the mines.

Of course I haven't played the map in 1.3 so I don't know if it still works.

wayne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wayne » 15 Oct 2006, 11:26

I completed this on normal mode, don't remember having a lot of problems defeating Rutger. And don't use auto combat

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 15 Oct 2006, 15:02

When I said "auto-combat", I was thinking about quick-combat. :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”