Change the skill path mid-way

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Change the skill path mid-way

Unread postby maltz » 27 Sep 2006, 15:08

I guess everybody knows that the skill development are fixed at the beginning of a scenario. Hence one can do a (@ChangeHeroStat) trial level up to see whether any junk skills will be forced to picked up later and restart right away -- except for the following situations (just for your information):

1) Witch Hut. A free skill redefines the path.
2) Pendant of mastery. Equipping one may gives you the chance to learn a racial feat that is otherwise unavailable. Also redefines the path.

p.s. Enlightenment -- Doesn't really change the skill selection, but changes the stat point distribution (and the bonus from it). If you get some useless stat bonus when picking enlightenment, then try to pick it later.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 28 Sep 2006, 15:16

I would feel like playing God using the @ChangeHeroStat...
On the other hand, it can be very frustrating aiming for certain hero build up and then - randomly - not being able to achieve it.

I have never use this @things, where can I find info on how to use it?
Morior, ergo sum

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 28 Sep 2006, 17:05

I was thinking about the Pendant of Mastery - with it in possession theoretically it should be possible to reset the skill path as much as you want - just each new level equip it again if you don't like the new skill path. Thus it would mean that with it you can probably get any of skills you want.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 28 Sep 2006, 19:06

Age of Heroes has a pretty good cheating guide.

Pendant of mastery shifts the skill path to another (still similar), but that will become your only alternative for a particularl level. So theoretically you will have 2 options (which each comes with 2 options, too) per level. It is not an infinite number of choices, but much better than just 1 option with 2 choices throughout.

But the pendant is so rare that it is rarely available until much later. There is always a pendant in C1M5 underground. If you can get it early for Godric then it is not a bad thing. But you can do the test level up thing at the beginning anyways.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”