New Hall of Fame

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

New Hall of Fame

Unread postby Rainalkar » 20 Sep 2006, 22:31

I still do not know what is the formula for calculating the scores in 1.3, however I started to play the campaigns again on heroic (in 1.00 I played them on normal). I thought that we could share our scores here, to see how far can someone pull it off. I just finished the first two campagins: I played them lead by the thought to play as fast as possible (that is, to finish in a minimum number of days); I presumed that this would still be the signifacant factor in calculating the score. However, I never replayed any mission, nor did I use any walkthrough on the internet (and I forgot almoust everything, so my former knowledge wasn't of much use to me).

The scores are:

Haven Campaign
Days 107
Score 65416

Inferno Campaign
Days 145
Score 76906

Necropolis Campaign
Days 110
Score 67958

I would be glad to hear how you guys did.
Last edited by Rainalkar on 24 Sep 2006, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 21 Sep 2006, 06:44

The last version of CH appendix has rough score calculation equations for version 1.2 it might be interesting to compare whether 1.3 uses a different system. In case of a campaign, of course you need to know the time spent on each map to calculate the theoretical value...

http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=557

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 24 Sep 2006, 19:36

Update:

Necropolis Campaign
Days 110
Score 67958

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 27 Sep 2006, 04:14

After getting some scores for patch 1.2, I just finished 1.3 Haven campaign heroic. Something weird happened -- whenever I finish one scenario I got a pop up of a new hall of fame score, but they all seem to be the sum total score (a lot of days), not individual ones.

In the end I had a total of 7 scores all for this campaign, ranging from 250 days (46118) to 270 days (44016). I guess the new system confuses the new score with the old score, and simply add them all up to give you a new score every time. :D

Also, it seems to me that the time spent (and difficulty level, map size) is again the only thing that matters. I played with the finishing conditions a bit (hiring more units, collecting more troops, buying more artifacts, etc.), but I got the same score for finishing on the same day. That's too bad, because more than half of the campaign time is spent at exploring and visit stat bonuses.

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 27 Sep 2006, 12:56

Have you checked does the number of towns you possess affects the score?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 27 Sep 2006, 13:15

Dunno about towns. In campaigns pretty much you have to take all towns anyways... :D

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 01 Oct 2006, 00:32

New update, Dungeon campaign finished:

Days 119
Score 71521

The beginning of the Cultists mission was the most challenging campaign moment for me from the time of H3 and one mission where you were supposed to capture some town (Steadwick?) guarded by an army 10 ten bigger than yours. I challenge anyone to beat this mission w/o reloads on heroic.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 01 Oct 2006, 02:14

Some extra data... hope it helps.
Tested C2M5, patch 1.3 heroic.

If complete on "0 day" score = 38166
If complete on "1st day" score = 336652
If complete on "41st days" score = 45733
If complete on "78th days" score = 42279

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 01 Oct 2006, 04:03

Just gave some thoughts about speed runs (fore high score). First, I thought ignoring a lot of stat bonuses would cost the player more time later on, but then I noticed something...

It seems to me that the current Hall of Fame is very "careless".

If you have completed a campaign, then each time you go back to redo a past mission, then you get a new "sum total" score.

This means that you can afford to take your sweet time in your first run of the campaign. Let me call this run the "luxury run". Take as long as you want, and max whatever you can. Don't worry about the time at all. However, keep one save file just before the end of every mission and store them well, if some characters will make an appearnace later.

Now, starting from mission 5, re-do the mission and try to finish it as fast as you can. Your character stats is based on what you finished mission 4 with, so you should be in pretty good shape. When you finish the mission a new sum total appears.

Then, re-do your 4th mission, 3rd... all the way back to mission 1. You will get a new sum total based on the new score you just updated in the "next" mission (but you re-did it first, to utilize the good stats carried from the luxury run in the first place).

Then, if some character will reappear in the next campaigns, simply load the luxury campaings save file, and overwrite the speed run's crappy characters. This way, when your characters reappear later, they are still in the top condition (and you keep the scores in the Hall of Fame!).

Personally I would think this is like cheating. But since the system is designed this way, everybody has a chance to utilize this exploit whether intentionally or not. :)

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 01 Oct 2006, 20:32

I consider it pure cheating. It's likely a bug which I will never use.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 01 Oct 2006, 20:41

Rainalkar wrote:I consider it pure cheating. It's likely a bug which I will never use.
Well do you think that generally speaking if the system has a bug, and somebody exploits it, it is called cheating? Maybe.... but I think it's the system who has a problem... not the cheater...

Why compete to make a higher score if their calculation system sucks?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 01 Oct 2006, 21:00

Yeah. Sadly from 1.2 to 1.3, the HoF did not improve at all, except the default top-10 are nerfed, and the player's score boosted. The formula mechanism hasn't changed. All the fine stats shown at the end of every mission was not consdered.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”