Dwarven and neutral units and abilities

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Dwarven and neutral units and abilities

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 02 Sep 2006, 06:58

NEUTRALS

Wolf (Pack Hunter, Howl)
Snow Ape (Unlim. Retal; Agility)
Mummy (Undead, Hexing Attack, Caster)
Manticore (Large, Flyer, Poisonous Attack)

Pack Hunter: When this creature attacks a target, all the other stacks of the creatures of the same type able to do so attack it, too.
Howl: Once per battle, this creature can summon a friendly stack of equal power.
Hexing Attack: After a successful attack, the target creature also suffers the effect of one of the following damnations: Curse, Slow, Weakness, or Disrupting Ray. All the effects are equal to those of Expert-level spells. (Note that we have still the old spell names here: it must be: Weakness, Slow, Suffering and Vulnerability)
Agility: This creature gains a +30% Defense bonus for the next turn per every tile it walks.

FORTRESS /RUNEMAGE

Level 1: Defender (Enraged Armored, Large Shield)
Upg: Stout Defender (Shield Wall)
Level 2: Axe Fighter (Wound)
Upg: Axe Thrower (Shooter, No Melee Penalty)
Level 3: Bear Rider (Large, Enraged)
Upg: Blackbear Rider (Armored, Paw Strike)
Level 4: Brawler (Immunity to Mind Control)
Upg: Berserker (Berserker Rage)
Level 5: Fire Mage (Shooter. Caster. Magic-proof. Mark of Fire).
Upg: Flame Mage (Crossfire)
Level 6: Thane (Large. Teleport. Stormstrike. Immunity to Lightning).
Upg: Stormlord ((Stormbolt)
Level 7: Lava Dragon ( Fire Breath. Fire Shield. Elemental. Immunity to Fire.)
Upg: Magma Dragon (Magma Shield instead of Fire Shield)

Armored: This creature is resistant to all spells and effects that decrease Defense.
Shield Wall: Damage suffered by this creature from enemy attack is 10% less per every tile the attacker walked to hit.
Wound: In a successful attack, this creature has additional chance to decrease the target’s Speed (-50%) and Initiative (-30%).
Paw Strike: This creature has a chance to push the target one tile aside and zero all the Initiative the target has accumulated.
Berserker Rage: When this ability is used, this creature drops its Defense to zero for the time being, and has the same amount of Offense increase, then attacks the nearest target automatically without suffering the retaliation strike (activated ability).
Mark of Fire: When attacking, this creature has a chance to damn the target, which will result in all the Fire damage suffered by it within a certain period of time being doubled.
Crossfire: The creature has the attack area shaped as a cross.
Stormstrike: Besides usual damage, this creature strikes the target with lightning (non-magical damage), which then hits another enemy creature if there is one standing next to the target, and further on, until the chain interrupts. The lighting’s force is equal to that of the attack.
Stormbolts:Once per battle, this creature can attack any chosen target with Storm Strike (activated ability).
Magma Shield: When this creature undergoes a melee attack, the attacker suffers Fire damage in the amount depending on its attack’s force.

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 02 Sep 2006, 07:08

Sounds cool to bad about the dragon though, i would have prefered the dragon tank from h4.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 02 Sep 2006, 08:16

I'd like to add something here.
The special Dwarven hero abilities for Offense and Defense will give attack/defense boni for Dwarven units in certain formations as in being close to each other - which will make them not only interesting in terms of their ability but in a tactical sense - keep in mind that they have ways to obtain magic resistances as well for lesser effects of mass destructions spells.
My personal opinion is that the Dwarven faction looks QUITE powerful and quite interesting to play. It could easily be the best town so far - but we'll see that.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 02 Sep 2006, 08:26

The more I hear, the more I like.

Not sure if you are at liberty to discuss this, but is there any word on how many more skills and abilites are being added with this faction?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Dwarven and neutral units and abilities

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Sep 2006, 08:39

Jolly Joker wrote:
Agility: This creature gains a +30% Defense bonus for the next turn per every tile it walks.
8| 8| 8|

I wonder now how Paradox new this info so early.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 02 Sep 2006, 10:03

Jolly Joker wrote:I'd like to add something here.
The special Dwarven hero abilities for Offense and Defense will give attack/defense boni for Dwarven units in certain formations as in being close to each other - which will make them not only interesting in terms of their ability but in a tactical sense - keep in mind that they have ways to obtain magic resistances as well for lesser effects of mass destructions spells.
My personal opinion is that the Dwarven faction looks QUITE powerful and quite interesting to play. It could easily be the best town so far - but we'll see that.
Well, it will be no fun if they can outmight and outmagic everyone else so I hope there will be some balancing.

Edit: It looks like they can gain magic immunities instead of resistances, and that for a level 2 spell!

Battle Rage looks to be an extremely overpowered level 3 spell.

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... sion.shtml
Runes of First Circle
Rune of Charge. Creature's defense is increased by 100% for one turn. Cost: 1 wood.

Rune of Exorcism. Dispels all negative effects from the stack. Cost: 1 sulfur.

Runes of Second Circle
Rune of Elemental Immunity. The stack gains immunity to 2 magic schools. Duration: until the end of battle. Cost: 1 mercury.

Rune of Stunning. Unknown effect. Cost: 1 wood + 1 mercury.

Runes of Third Circle
Rune of Battle Rage. On it's next turn, the stack will attack all adjacent enemy stacks. Cost: 1 ore + 1 crystal.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 02 Sep 2006, 10:44

Mmm, battle rage should be seriously cut down in power...

Anyways, it seems like the Dwarves will be quite the buff faction.
Grah!

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 02 Sep 2006, 11:35

Oh dear me, those names... I take back what I might have said in another thread about this town looking decent.

I guess lava dragon and magma dragon are separated by the first living above ground and the other under ground? That being the main difference between magma and lava.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 02 Sep 2006, 11:50

I say Fire Mage -> Flame Mage is even better...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Sep 2006, 11:58

What i don't get is the whole Thane > Stormlord thing. What does an attendant, servant, retainer, or official have to do with storms? Storm Giant > Stormlord would have worked better.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 02 Sep 2006, 12:03

GW started using the word "Thane" as a name for dwarven clan leaders in the most recent warhammer edition. Nival already proved they like playing warhammer.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 02 Sep 2006, 12:09

Thane has also been used in the Hobbit, as well as various other places (forgotten realms, think greyhawk, as well as others). The only thing that bothers me is there was only 1 thane per 'city' so there would be very few thanes. It is like royalty or something similar (mayor, govenor, ect).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Sep 2006, 12:10

I know of thane's associacion with dwarves, i just don't see why a big guy with storm abilities should be called that. Might as well name it Lord > Stormlord. :disagree:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 02 Sep 2006, 12:12

Couldn't agree more. Thane is a terrible name, except perhaps as a hero type. To my knowledge thane's have never had any connection to lightning, except maybe dodging some blue dragons temper tantrum.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Sep 2006, 14:37

Thane at least sounds normal,unlike lava/magma dragon,or fire/flame mage :disagree:

And how can a unit be called an axe fighter if it uses....Whatever that thing is?

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 02 Sep 2006, 14:46

Fire/Flame Mage and Lava/Magma Dragon are really dumb names. I hope they change them.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 02 Sep 2006, 15:16

This faction looks incredibly powerful. I'm sure that spells and racial specialties will only add to this. I hope they can balance the game before and after the expansion comes out.

name
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby name » 02 Sep 2006, 16:06

Does anybody else think that it sucks having your 4th level creature un-controllable? that is of course assuming that beserk is what i think it is.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 02 Sep 2006, 16:11

name wrote:Does anybody else think that it sucks having your 4th level creature un-controllable? that is of course assuming that beserk is what i think it is.

Berserker Rage: When this ability is used, this creature drops its Defense to zero for the time being, and has the same amount of Offense increase, then attacks the nearest target automatically without suffering the retaliation strike (activated ability).

Read a little bit. It says activated ability. You control it.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Sep 2006, 16:12

name wrote:Does anybody else think that it sucks having your 4th level creature un-controllable? that is of course assuming that beserk is what i think it is.
No,its not how berserkers will function.Berserk will be their ability that you can turn on.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”