mode: 'simulationeus turns'

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
moonman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

mode: 'simulationeus turns'

Unread postby moonman » 30 Aug 2006, 14:54

plans 'simulationeus turns' is dead?

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 30 Aug 2006, 14:58

Nope. Maybe a little unconscious at present.

TelMarine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TelMarine » 30 Aug 2006, 18:37

in the expansion.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 31 Aug 2006, 00:48

Those replies were Zen-like in their brevity. Anyway, the latest announcement by Fabrice says it's going to be in the expansion. See the CH front page for more info.

Btw, I wonder how confusing this will or won't be to play. I've only played one multiplayer game of Civ IV and I've gotta say I was totally lost. I had no idea what was going on, I was just constantly moving things and there was a timer countdown which I couldn't figure out and there were enemy pieces moving and my pieces moving and buildings getting built in super rapid time and... I just had no idea ;).

super-bone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby super-bone » 02 Sep 2006, 18:31

Psychobabble wrote:Those replies were Zen-like in their brevity. Anyway, the latest announcement by Fabrice says it's going to be in the expansion. See the CH front page for more info.

Btw, I wonder how confusing this will or won't be to play. I've only played one multiplayer game of Civ IV and I've gotta say I was totally lost. I had no idea what was going on, I was just constantly moving things and there was a timer countdown which I couldn't figure out and there were enemy pieces moving and my pieces moving and buildings getting built in super rapid time and... I just had no idea ;).

peole kind a explaind me

it works by round

when a round start everybody get their turn
and then when everybofy confirm finish the new round start
so going until there is contact beetwen armies.

it's speed up the game start.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Re: mode: 'simulationeus turns'

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 03 Sep 2006, 17:25

moonman wrote:plans 'simulationeus turns' is dead?
They decided to wait until the expansion because or else we wouldn't bother buying the expansion. Considering multiplayer games are really only finishable with simultaneous turns if we could actually play a half decent finishable multiplayer game we probably wouldn't buy the expansion. No warez discussion - Mod.

The company stardocks from galactic civilizations 2 knows how to support their game properly and actually listens to their customers. Even though I don't play the game much I plan to buy the expansion simply to show them my support for their excellent business ethics. :-D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Sep 2006, 00:10

Anyway, it'll be a nightmare for some and fun for others.

You see, imagine that a turn ends and there's a hero of yours beside a strong hero of other player and you want to get away from him. Even if you have more movement points, will it be decided by the one who clicks the mouse buttom first? If you have 4 or 5 heroes then? You'll just be apoplectic at the end of each turn, trying to remember or to decide each of whom you will let alive and move along with.

And the countdown number while you're trying to build your town... :S And if there's a very long fight? Will time stop then? :D I really can't imagine how they'll do that at this moment. There are many stuff to care about, aren't there?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Sep 2006, 01:03

The way I nderstood it sim turns end when players meet.Its there just to reduce the waiting in the beining.But I might be wong.

super-bone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby super-bone » 06 Sep 2006, 21:26

DaemianLucifer wrote:The way I nderstood it sim turns end when players meet.Its there just to reduce the waiting in the beining.But I might be wong.
that how i heard too

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Sep 2006, 21:35

That's sorta strange. If they encounter fast, it won't be of any use at all. ;|

Oh, well, nevermind. :tired:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”