Necromancy balance changes

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 29 Aug 2006, 18:49

I'm working on a balance mod that attempts to address the problem this way: First the HP of the Skeletons and Skeleton Archers are reduced. Second the attack of the Skeleton Archers is reduced. And third, the number generated at the Necropolis is increased and the cost lowered.

The goal here is to still allow huge stacks of Skeleton Archers, while giving the opponent a better chance against them. I also want to give the Necro an incentive to return to the castle for recruits.

Comments? (Remember, there is not much that can be modded.)
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 29 Aug 2006, 19:03

Well if you do reduce hp of skel, or reduce their atack , necromancy will become useless ... not much of a marge here halas.
And the problem of the number will remain the same ... the more creeps the mores skels, make them 2* weaker, if their s 2* more creeps things will remain the same ... ( and actually not, since with frenzy, amu +1 dom and vitality skels will remain painfull )
i don t see any solution apart from this one : don t touch necromancy, fan made maps will adjust this skill .

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 29 Aug 2006, 21:06

Kilop wrote:don t touch necromancy, fan made maps will adjust this skill .
I think the matter of balance resides precisely there. You can't leave the scenario (# of towns, resources avaliable etc.) out of the balancing equation.
Morior, ergo sum

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 30 Aug 2006, 03:25

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:Yes, they mentioed balancing for the haven, necromancers, and inferno, but not for the academy, which I think most folks think are low an the totem pole. It is rather strange that they do no mention any balancing for them.

GOW
Firstly, if I recall correctly this was an informal statement, not an official one.

Second, I agree that Academy requires too much ore.

Third, they made plenty of balance changes in 1.2 that they didn't mention in the notes (i.e. summon elemental spell).

Fourth, they are thinking in terms of balancing with the expansion I believe. (Now that we have this information).

Have fun.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 30 Aug 2006, 03:29

Well I assume we will have to wade through undocumented changes this time as well :mad:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 Aug 2006, 03:39

quite likely, but what do we do in the meantime?? the expansion may still be some time away, just the official anouncement is due soon
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 30 Aug 2006, 15:24

Solve riddles? :D
Morior, ergo sum

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 31 Aug 2006, 04:40

Lady Farquad wrote:
Kilop wrote:don t touch necromancy, fan made maps will adjust this skill .
I think the matter of balance resides precisely there. You can't leave the scenario (# of towns, resources avaliable etc.) out of the balancing equation.
How would you propose to do this? If a map gives the player a choice of factions, then whatever measures you have in mind would need to be applied to all positions.

My thought is that the problem arises from the frequency of level 1 and 2 neutrals. Without those, the Skeleton stack does not grow so much and not without a good fight.

Rather than reducing the number of level 1 and 2s, I would prefer to reduce the Necro's reliance on skeletons, while boosting some of the other Necro armies.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”