Guess when WE can make maps..

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
mysticon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Guess when WE can make maps..

Unread postby mysticon » 19 Aug 2006, 20:26

Hello all.. im sure no one here KNOW when the map editor is comming.. so lets guess on this.. made some maps on heroes 3, so cant wait to give it another try..

so do you think it whil come soon, or do we have to wait forever for something that should come out whit the game...

was only 2 maps in 1.12.. thats just crappy:(

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Aug 2006, 20:29

My guess is September.

They must have understood by now that the Editor is what the Community wants the most.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mysticon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mysticon » 19 Aug 2006, 20:51

Kalah wrote:My guess is September.

They must have understood by now that the Editor is what the Community wants the most.
agree...

me and 3 friends all love heroes games.. but only on multiplayer/hot seat..

if you ask me heroes is a multiplayer only game.. wel i guess in kinda alone whit that opinion. but we are now all stoped playing heroes 5. we played it 6h when 1.12 come out.. but when we finish we felt again that we had to turn to other games, and wait for another map.

also, the comuter players are STUPID, when he dont have more to go for(all NPC killed) he just stands in the town.. all the time.. he had super strong army. but he didnt move out of the town..

Edit: back to topic:

when did the map edit come on heroes 3 and 4? dont remember.. and yes i know that 3DO didnt make H5

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Aug 2006, 20:58

mysticon wrote:when did the map edit come on heroes 3 and 4? dont remember..
They both shipped with the base game: a campaign editor came with the Armageddon's Blade expansion, and the Heroes IV MP patch was delivered a few months after the release of the game.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 19 Aug 2006, 21:34

Hopefully it will be included in the 1.3 patch which will hopefully be out by the end of the month. I am looking forward to seeing what it can do.

GOW

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 19 Aug 2006, 23:32

I don't think I will touch this game again before map editor comes.

mysticon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mysticon » 19 Aug 2006, 23:38

Humakt wrote:I don't think I will touch this game again before map editor comes.
same here:/ feel likes its nothing to do anymore in this game:/

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 20 Aug 2006, 00:06

It certainly should have come originally with the game. I hope that it comes sometime in the very near future, but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't come out for another 4 months..

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Aug 2006, 01:08

As long as the editor is pretty decent, the quality of the game will rise exponentially. Small weaknesses like balance issues etc. can easily be countered by the mapmakers themselves. With the maps made for Heroes 4, lots of small deficiencies in the game itself was nulled out by the adeptness of the fans.

Oh and back on topic: I think they are planning to release it along with one of their updates - my guess is 1.3, but it might require some bugfixing etc. and be "re-released" in 1.4.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 20 Aug 2006, 04:04

Will not come before September. They've been 3 weeks late this far so what says they will change anytime soon..?

So "Late August" in Nivalish means "Middle September" :rofl:

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 20 Aug 2006, 04:33

I'm thinking that September is about the right time frame for the map editor.

If what little that I heard is right I'm betting that they almost had to start from scratch with the map editor because it was way too powerful and unsuited for base users.

londerwost
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby londerwost » 20 Aug 2006, 05:48

TOMORROW!... Well I can dream, can't I?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 20 Aug 2006, 06:15

Alamar wrote:I'm thinking that September is about the right time frame for the map editor.

If what little that I heard is right I'm betting that they almost had to start from scratch with the map editor because it was way too powerful and unsuited for base users.
Powerful is good. The more options the mapmaker has at his disposal the better the maps that he can make.

The editor will hopefully be powerful and "easy" to use. At least minimal documentation would be nice.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 20 Aug 2006, 10:49

Been away from these forums a couple of days and still no editor???? What a surprise :hoo:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Aug 2006, 11:07

....................SOON™....................
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 20 Aug 2006, 14:38

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:
Alamar wrote:I'm thinking that September is about the right time frame for the map editor.

Powerful is good. The more options the mapmaker has at his disposal the better the maps that he can make.

The editor will hopefully be powerful and "easy" to use. At least minimal documentation would be nice.

GOW
Powerful is good but according to JJ from one map it seems like you could have altered the play experience in OTHER maps by changing some sort of HoMM global variables. Something like that would be too powerful. [but very interesting ...]

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 20 Aug 2006, 15:12

Alamar wrote: Powerful is good but according to JJ from one map it seems like you could have altered the play experience in OTHER maps by changing some sort of HoMM global variables. Something like that would be too powerful. [but very interesting ...]
Well, that would actually be ok if such things were separated in the editor as mod functions and the mapmaker was careful not use them or else designated the map as a mod. Also if such a thing is included there should be a way to uninstall the mod in such a way as to return the game to normal.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Aug 2006, 01:02

I'm thinking that September is about the right time frame for the map editor.
the right time frame was about the 17th of May .... but i guess as long as the long awaited thing sees the light of day, and provides what we need it to, things should be looking up!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”