Who has really bought HOMMV?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 01 Aug 2006, 17:34

I have not bought it, but I have played Kalah's version. I may buy it later, but then it will be a used copy. That is, one that is already bought so that I don't contribute to their sales ;) Just a principle-thing...
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 01 Aug 2006, 17:39

djtc wrote:I've always bought all my HOMM games.
First time I don't have enough for my money.
Stunned that anyone would say that actually. That's how I felt with HIV but certainly not now.

Preordered mine and got it day of release. Have been waiting many many years for a decent Heroes game (besided WOG).

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 01 Aug 2006, 17:53

Preordered, Ubicom store screwed it up, got nothing from them until 2 weeks later. By then I'd bought a copy at BestBuy so I refused shipment from Ubi. Worst part were the lies they told all through the process. Have I said how much I hate these people?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Aug 2006, 17:59

@Ethric: We'll be living in the same city for a while yet; you can always just come over and we'll play hotseat
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

thecheese
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby thecheese » 01 Aug 2006, 18:31

tumorbane wrote:
djtc wrote:I've always bought all my HOMM games.
First time I don't have enough for my money.
Stunned that anyone would say that actually. That's how I felt with HIV but certainly not now.

Preordered mine and got it day of release. Have been waiting many many years for a decent Heroes game (besided WOG).
I'd probably say that if I paid for it. And Heroes 4 was great (patched), just too different for lots of people.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 01 Aug 2006, 19:02

Pre-ordered mine on Target for $19.99 and they cancelled my order due to a price change. Now I have decided to wait a while since I was not thrilled by the demo. I'm sure that I will buy it but I'll wait for better US release. Or maybe if I'm in a store, I'll just pick it up.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Aug 2006, 05:25

not a bad idea to maybe wait gravyluvr ... at least until the support shows signs of improving

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 02 Aug 2006, 11:46

howgrizzly wrote:Got mine from pre-order and I'm damn proud of it:D Limited Edition with a beautifull wooden chest.
I bought the limited edition from Ubisoft as well. But I didn't get a wooden chest.
You were joking about that, right? :P

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 02 Aug 2006, 11:53

LindaG wrote: I bought the limited edition from Ubisoft as well. But I didn't get a wooden chest.
Probably not, limited editons in *Poland* were in a typical heroes "treasure chest".

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 02 Aug 2006, 12:00

Pitsu wrote:
LindaG wrote: I bought the limited edition from Ubisoft as well. But I didn't get a wooden chest.
Probably not, limited editons in *Poland* were in a typical heroes "treasure chest".
Ah. All these different editions really suck. Everyone should have been able to get all the nifty things. :sad:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 02 Aug 2006, 12:49

gravyluvr wrote:Pre-ordered mine on Target for $19.99 and they cancelled my order due to a price change.
Arrgghh, don't remind me of that awful incident. I would be rich today if they had paid me for all the referrals CH generated. I suspect online retailers to use incorrect prices on purpose to get free advertisement.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 02 Aug 2006, 14:29

LindaG wrote:Ah. All these different editions really suck. Everyone should have been able to get all the nifty things. :sad:
That's just it. I want all the goodies. MAybe I'll just buy the card game instead.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”