Necropolis Campaign Mission 3 help

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Blondie987
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Necropolis Campaign Mission 3 help

Unread postby Blondie987 » 27 Jul 2006, 04:33

8| I'm getting seriously frustrated with this campaign mission lol. anyway no matter how hard i try to beat this thing i can't i keep losing either the queen or markal would anyone have any good suggestions tips or strategies for beating this campaign? i usually try and go for the first city with the wand of necromancy or whatever it's called and then curse the first mage town but then i usually get beat down pretty bad by the green army he's got 200 blade dancers and such i would most appreciate any help anyone might have to offer also have tried using the @ChangeHeroStat cheat command but get a can't find Markal message when i goto change the stat anyway thanks for any help yall might be able to offer.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 27 Jul 2006, 05:46

the reason the cheat fails is cause Markal is not really Markal, his name is different in programming then in the actual game, what you need is his name for cheat purposes, which i unfortunately do not have on me at the moment, cause it is at home, if i remember, i will check when i get home and give you the right name

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 27 Jul 2006, 06:18

Markal is called Berein behind the scenes. If you try to develop the Haven town before Lorekeep, and give Markal some time to visit the more important islands before invading, you should have time to build up the army you need to defeat Green.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 27 Jul 2006, 07:20

well, that saves me checking - thanks GC

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 27 Jul 2006, 14:55

You don't give any hint on your skills at playing ;) but imo there are 2 possibilities:

If you are a newbe... run for your life! As soon as Markal gets that first city, put Isabel on a boat and send her close to Markal's wing. Forget about the green plague. They'll take your home island, but won't do any thing else.

If not, usually expert players are in such a hurry! they want the mission done and won in 2 hours. Go steady on this one, slowly but carefully maintaining every inch of gained terrain. True, the wizards have far more cities than you do at the beginning, but - depending on the difficulty level - the AI will have very few strong heroes w/ strong armies.

That's what I have observed.

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 27 Jul 2006, 19:39

I just did that part today.... After I captured the staff city, I immidiatley put Markal on a boat and sent him west to kill the tree *****ing pixie. thanks to eternal servitude and Raise Dead I survived pretty well. Lost my stack of zombies, but they're not that useful anyway. After defeating Alaron or whatever his name is I captured the second mainland mage town, ignoring stuff on the way except for tatterd flags and such. Thus I control most of the map, and am free to seize the mainland and develop my army.

BTW now even if you attack the elves on the boat it's dynamic mode.

mr.dna
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mr.dna » 28 Jul 2006, 11:59

I just build up both the towns, (heaven as capitol) and use Isabel to defend the home cities and markal as cruncher. Luckily my "markal" had scholar and was able to give Isabel some nice spells. I could easily defeat the green army once it appeared. Maybe I was pretty slow at taking the enemy cities though :P

Return to “Heroes V-VI”