Undocumented 1.2 changes

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 27 Jul 2006, 06:48

soupnazii wrote:we were talking about skeleton archers, i think. and no, horned overseers are deep red, have metal bracelet things on their wrists, have glowing eyes and a glowing mouth, and have tiny yellow holes on their backs surrounding a huge rip with fire coming out of it, while demons are light brown in color, have no bracelets, have non-glowing eyes and mouth, and have small spikes on their back in place of those wholes and no fire. what i saw on the adventure map was an exact description of a horned demon only with fire on its back. i think Ubi somehow couldnt use the actual overseer model so they hoped noone would notice what they did.
Noticed the same thing, Havent it been for the fire pouring out of the back I would take it for a demon only

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 28 Jul 2006, 16:42

One more undocumented 1.2 feature (or was it 1.1?): the game now doesn't crash under Linux/Cedega after loading a map. Also, SecuROM has apparently been removed, although the CD check persists.

stijn
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby stijn » 28 Jul 2006, 18:34

with 1.2 i still got linked to securom

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 28 Jul 2006, 18:41

does anybody else have the problem that if you try to run itunes in the background the game gets too slow to play? has it been like this before 1.2? i like the games music, but one tune was really annoying me...

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 28 Jul 2006, 18:41

"Got linked"? What do you mean? And what the heck does SecuROM protect against if you can copy files from one disk to another without preserving the structure and it will still work?

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 29 Jul 2006, 15:41

soupnazii wrote:does anybody else have the problem that if you try to run itunes in the background the game gets too slow to play? has it been like this before 1.2? i like the games music, but one tune was really annoying me...
A memory manager like FreeRAM might help. There are also now sound cards that offload much of the processing from the CPU.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

stijn
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby stijn » 29 Jul 2006, 22:41

"Got linked"? What do you mean? And what the heck does SecuROM protect against if you can copy files from one disk to another without preserving the structure and it will still work?
i think securom is whining because i have daemon tools installed. this is the message i got. (in dutch)
translation:
no cd/dvd was found
insert original homm5 cd/dvd
more details at: http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc&l=en

that happend when i tried to play the game mounted with daemon tools. installing the 1.2 crack fixed it though..

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Jul 2006, 03:40

i can practicaly read that message without your translation:

Place the original HOMM5 CD/DVD
See securom.com for more details.

the first line is a little tougher tough...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”