Image quality low on high end pc??

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
woutwolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Image quality low on high end pc??

Unread postby woutwolf » 20 Jul 2006, 15:45

Hi,

For 'Oblivion' and 'Heroes V' were two main reasons for me to buy a new pc. It has 2 gigabite of internal (RAM) memory, a high end videocard (forgot the numbers, not at home now, but it is an ATI radeon) and a fast processor (AMD 3000+).
Then, how come, that after installing Heroes V, the image quality is set to very low? And when I set it to very high, the game is slow indeed...
Anyone knows what I can do about this?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Jul 2006, 15:51

Doublecheck your version of DirectX, and update your video adapter driver.

Count Zero
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Image quality low on high end pc??

Unread postby Count Zero » 21 Jul 2006, 03:56

woutwolf wrote:Hi,

For 'Oblivion' and 'Heroes V' were two main reasons for me to buy a new pc. It has 2 gigabite of internal (RAM) memory, a high end videocard (forgot the numbers, not at home now, but it is an ATI radeon) and a fast processor (AMD 3000+).
Then, how come, that after installing Heroes V, the image quality is set to very low? And when I set it to very high, the game is slow indeed...
Anyone knows what I can do about this?
I had the same experience. I have a very creditable gaming machine and after installation my settings were low. I just pumped the settings up and assumed that there was no auto detection or it was faulty.
The Count has spoken

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Jul 2006, 03:58

i susp no auto detect as mine were also set to low, now i am on max everything and works fine

3500+
1Gig Corsair
X850XT

make sure your view is top down rather than "across the ground", cause the low view does have performance issues

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 21 Jul 2006, 04:02

I have a decent PC (I need to upgrade my raedon 8500) but it's on very low graphics and I dare not set them higher for fear of feeling inferior haha.

Time to buy a new vid card. I'm running 2.6ghz and 1.2 gig mem.

I also have a laptop that's athon 3400+ mobile raedon 9700 pro w/ 1 gig mem (it was a $1600 gaming laptop) and it runs the game fine but i havent tried higher than low because i have a feeling it will disappoint me greatly.

TinBane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TinBane » 21 Jul 2006, 10:55

Athlon Socket A 3200+
1 gig RAM
9800 PRO ATi

I play on high quality, 1280x1024
Runs great

Return to “Heroes V-VI”