Sylvan Campaign - Mission 3 help pls

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Sylvan Campaign - Mission 3 help pls

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jul 2006, 02:37

I have freed the hostage heroes, I have kept Syris Thalla from the purple armies, and I have destroyed the Necro town and heroes, however the Syris Thalla garrison objective is not fulfilled, what am i missing, I have it fully built up and have a hero with good army stationed there - 4 emerald dragons, 100 master hunters, 30 elder druids plus some sprites, silver unicorns and Ancient Treants ....

imnotdanny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby imnotdanny » 15 Jul 2006, 05:30

i believe u need 50 Elder Druids, 30 Silver Unicorns and 10 Green Dragons do defend it.

it says in the objective

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jul 2006, 05:52

ahh, will try that then, thanks

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 15 Jul 2006, 07:52

imnotdanny wrote: it says in the objective
Indeed, when entering the mission objectives window, click on an onjective to see its details.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Jul 2006, 02:22

pardon the laziness!! :D

thankfully i am well past this now

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 19 Jul 2006, 20:32

How did you people handle the cat and mouse chase of the first month?

Zoltan goes to your castle when YOU go for Mensyl and the mines. And to top it off, purple heroes come all the time too so I can't leave home! Gonna try to defeat Zoltan soon, leave Ossir with all my Ancient Treants and go take Mensyl and the mines with Findan and a secondary hero.

This is ofcourse on Heroic difficulty.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 19 Jul 2006, 20:44

Campaigner wrote:How did you people handle the cat and mouse chase of the first month?
I don't know how you handle the first week, but during my two runs on this mission (both heroic), this Zoltan (?) guy was conveniently running beside me.

If I bring a weak army, then he attacks me; otherwise he tries to retreat back to his Sylvan castle (and gets defeated half way).

Here is what I do during the first week.

Day 1: Findan retake the castle. Hire another hero to defend the castle. Siwtch army. Findan boards the boat with new hero's army. New hero defends with Findan's army.

Day 2-3: Purple hero comes. Defeat the purple hero with a full army and that new lv-1 hero. Instant lv 5 for the new hero.

Day 3-4(?): Another purple hero comes and goes empty-handed.

Day 5: Findan lands on the shore with his puny army. Zoltan (or whoever he is) is right beside him. Summon creatures (emerald dragons and sprite) and kick his butt.

The home defender has blade dancers (essentially damage sponge), unicorns, antient treants, hunters and druids. Beats the purple easily.

Day 7: Attack the Sylvan castle and took it. Easy with flying creatures. Expect a little loss. No more teal player close to the new town.

There is another teal hero slowly running towards the elven town, and won't be here for another few weeks. If this guy is Zoltan that you talked about, then you must be a little late capturing the 2nd town.
Last edited by maltz on 19 Jul 2006, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 19 Jul 2006, 21:01

For me, Zoltan doesn't come near for quite a while. And Findan is usually positioned near first garrison. With a bit help from some chaining (both from second sylvan, and also with boat chain) Findan succesfully beat both garrisons, and Zoltan when he came. And also with chain help, I just return the army to capital city when needed.

Then, when Zoltan's dead, necro town and hero there usually could be beaten just with Findan and troops from second sylvan town.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 20 Jul 2006, 11:17

....I'm in month two and both Orson and Zoltan are alive (oh the irony) and Mensyl I can't touch....

Ok, I'll restart for the fifth time and defend with a new hero....*sigh*

NuWorld
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NuWorld » 20 Jul 2006, 12:30

My way was little different, on 1st turn castle takeover I lost 1 dragon and 2 treants, sent a new hero with some of Findan's troops on the boat and kept Findan to defend the castle. It took a week for new hero to pick up flotsam and hijack couple of wrecked galleys, she got 2 levels. Now I send Findan across the sea, new hero was left in town with half of the Findan's hunters and druids and all dancers and sprites. Treants, unicorns and dragons stayed with Findan. I took sylvan castle and cleared and flaged some mines. Soon, necro comes from the necro town aiming for the boat, easy kill. Cleared garrisons and went straight for necro town, no prob killed another necro on the way. 2nd hero had more than enough troops to defend the castle. I got Deleb from the tavern :o) I had to pick my nose for a week to get enough dragons to complete the mission, about 6-7 weeks total.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”