List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 03 Sep 2006, 06:06

Balance-wise, I think the Tier 7s are fine. Most of them are useful, and have a decent strategic purpose. I'll add all of them to my armies when possible because they're worth the extra firepower when all things are considered. That is, except for one.

The Spectral Dragon, of course. Balanced or not, it doesn't matter to me much unless something is so insanely powerful for so cheap that people use it all the time and win (and Paladins can still be beaten, even with Mr. Charge himself). But the Bone/Spectral Dragon really doesn't add much to the Undead line-up. It's got some abilities that nothing else has, but they have small effects. Mostly it's just a meat shield.

I would prefer to see Plague Zombie's and Spectral Dragon's specials switched. The zombies should only be able to weaken things to their normal minimum. Spectral Dragons should have a more powerful version of the Weakening strike (more like -4 atk/def per hit that can't be fixed), becoming the ultimate debuffers in the game. A few rounds of Spectral Dragons attacking you that keep getting raised should turn anything into a mere husk of what it was.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 03 Sep 2006, 06:54

Won't get into the 8th tier thing here (already have a thread started for that :)). However, I agree that tier 7 is ...yawn. Hmm where was I, oh yeah tier 7 is nothing exciting. Not only is there way too many dragons they really dont have much oomph. I think the price should drop a little and their abilities raise a little. Now what I am about to propose should not be the only extra abilities, but they could be considered.

Angel/Arch - Holy Might. Undead/Inferno creatures not only suffer more damage from them, but do less damage to them. This is due to the fact that both are hurt by the light they emit in battle.

All the dragons but bone/spectral should be able to be affected by friendly magic but totally immune to enemy magic (ie they can 'turn off' magic immunity whenever they wish)

The titan chain lightning is a great idea, and there unupgraded counterparts should have a stomp attack that stuns enemies that dont have flight.

Bone/Spectral dragons are toughies. Ok the 50% damage reduction vs range (for bone) and all physical for Spectral is a decent idea..but I think they should have Nightmare like fear affect. IE reduce enemy moral and chance to strike fear in enemies. After all a huge flying reptilian skeleton (or spectral) would be enough to make the bravest take pause.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 03 Sep 2006, 14:15

ok give spectral dragon immunity to physical dommage but give their the special rule that when not used with many imps, they are immune to magic dommage as well that should balance fairly well this game :creative:

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 03 Sep 2006, 15:44

I personally think their are a few wrong with the tier 7s.
1. The unupgraded forms have NO abilities and the upgraded forms generally have too few and are not strong enough.

My changes would be
Haven
1. Angels can forfeit their turn to give a unit +5 to morale. This can also be given to themselves and can only be used once per battle.
2. Arch-angels get the defiance aura giving all surrounding units including the arch-angel itself +8 to defense.

Sylvan
1. Green Dragons gain the Poisonous Breath ability that reduces the defense of anything hit by the emerald dragon by 5.
2. Emerald Dragons gain a once per battle ability to cast chain lightning.

Academy
1. Colossus gain the steel skin ability causing all attacks causing minimum damage.
2. The titans call lightning attack is now a once per battle skill that strikes a 5 by 5 area effect and deals triple its current damage. The skill has a delay effect were it takes until the titans next turn to activate and finally strike.

Necropolis
1. Bone Dragons gain cursing attack.
2. Spectral Dragons replace the cursing attack with an aging attack that reduces the enemies maximum hp and initiative by 25%.

Dungeon
1. Shadow Dragons gain the shadow cloud ability. Once per battle the shadow dragon can create a 3 by 3 cloud of shadows that reduces the damage from whatever inside by 50%. The shadow dragon itself is immune to this ability.
2. Black Dragons gain the Darkness scale ability that causes anybody attacking the black dragon to cast a low level confusion on itself.

Inferno
1. Devils gain the infernal luck ability that is a once per battle cast spell that reduces the targets luck by 5.
2. Arch-devils don't need a body to summon their pitlords. The amount summoned is cut in half and the arch-devil can summon any infernal unit(1 pitlord, 2 nightmares, 4 succubus mistress, 8 cerberus, 15 horned overseers, or 30 familiars are the options). This basicaly makes arch-devils the gating master as they can gate anything which honestly makes sense given their status.

This would honestly give every tier 7 a deadly ability and not necessarily overpower them. Some like the black dragons ability seem overpowered but they can be toned down by making it a very weak version of confusion(idea is to make players pay for trying to swarm your charging black dragon). I was trying to put in abilities that fit with the unit and would honestly make them more unique. Spectral Dragons would still remain the weakest by far but their aging attack would be absolutely deadly. Collosus wouldn't suck and they would be fantastic tanks with the steel skin ability.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Sep 2006, 17:31

Nice ideas you have there,but Id change them a bit:
MrSteamTank wrote: Haven
1. Angels can forfeit their turn to give a unit +5 to morale. This can also be given to themselves and can only be used once per battle.
2. Arch-angels get the defiance aura giving all surrounding units including the arch-angel itself +8 to defense.
As for angels,its an excelent idea,Id keep that one for archangels as well,but arches would have ressurection as they now have,plus theyd give +1 morale to all the surrounding units(but not themselves),instead of defence.It sounds more plausable that angels inspire your units then strenghten them.
MrSteamTank wrote: Sylvan
1. Green Dragons gain the Poisonous Breath ability that reduces the defense of anything hit by the emerald dragon by 5.
2. Emerald Dragons gain a once per battle ability to cast chain lightning.
Both should have acid breath,with green giving -3 and emerald -6 to units defense,and it should be cumulative.Better yet it should be -3(-6) for the unit that has been targeted,and -1(-3)for the unit standing behind it.Furthermore,emeralds breath would deal damage the next turn equal to half the damage dealt previously.
MrSteamTank wrote: Academy
1. Colossus gain the steel skin ability causing all attacks causing minimum damage.
2. The titans call lightning attack is now a once per battle skill that strikes a 5 by 5 area effect and deals triple its current damage. The skill has a delay effect were it takes until the titans next turn to activate and finally strike.
How about steel skin making it 25% immune to physical melee and 30% imune to ranged attacks.And it should be on titans too.Call lightning should stay as it is,but it should have a chain lightning once per battle.
MrSteamTank wrote: Necropolis
1. Bone Dragons gain cursing attack.
2. Spectral Dragons replace the cursing attack with an aging attack that reduces the enemies maximum hp and initiative by 25%.
Damage reduction of 30% against ranged and 50% against all physical attacks for bones and spectrals respectively,along with your suggestion would make these dragons a very worthy opponents.Although their price should be a bit higher after these adjustments.
MrSteamTank wrote: Dungeon
1. Shadow Dragons gain the shadow cloud ability. Once per battle the shadow dragon can create a 3 by 3 cloud of shadows that reduces the damage from whatever inside by 50%. The shadow dragon itself is immune to this ability.
2. Black Dragons gain the Darkness scale ability that causes anybody attacking the black dragon to cast a low level confusion on itself.
I can really think of nothing good for these two,but your suggestions seem nice.
MrSteamTank wrote: Inferno
1. Devils gain the infernal luck ability that is a once per battle cast spell that reduces the targets luck by 5.
2. Arch-devils don't need a body to summon their pitlords. The amount summoned is cut in half and the arch-devil can summon any infernal unit(1 pitlord, 2 nightmares, 4 succubus mistress, 8 cerberus, 15 horned overseers, or 30 familiars are the options). This basicaly makes arch-devils the gating master as they can gate anything which honestly makes sense given their status.
How about devils and arch devils reducing enemies morale by 1.And devils should have a body for summoning,but they should be able to use any body,even enemy corpse.And yes,them summoning all of the inferno troops would be nice.How about summoning imps from level 1 and 2 corpses,demons from level 3 corpses,etc.Also,they should have unlimited teleport.

wayne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wayne » 07 Sep 2006, 09:07

Definitely the Spectral Dragons.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”