Beating 1v1 Heroic AI in land of outcasts?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
blu3b0i84
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Beating 1v1 Heroic AI in land of outcasts?

Unread postby blu3b0i84 » 29 Jun 2006, 02:36

Race: Chaos
Hero: Deleb, Iron Maiden
Starting Bonus: Random Artifact

*You must know the map well, player and AI must be above ground

Day 1: Buy 2 Heroes and give all troops and healing tent to Deleb.

If there're no healing tents, build black smith to get 1.
If there is, get either troops or mage guild level 1

Move off straight to AI's base while 2 other heroes should walk around the map picking up free stuff

Give all Treasure chests to Deleb to gain exp

Deleb should gain as much exp as possible to learn balista (priority) / healing tent (priority) / hell fire / Gating

There's a level up tree and item merchant along the way. Gain exp and buy items to gain an advantage over the AI.

During Combat with AI, gate creatures beside shooters and let balista do the job.

The most powerful creature AI has should be hydras at the 2nd week. Still beatable.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 29 Jun 2006, 03:00

I just completed this map as Yellow with Chaos and used a somewhat different strategy. I had Grok as my main hero and followed the normal strategy of picking fights where losses would be minimal. The surface heroes are slow to arrive because of the double guarded stairways, so you have plenty of time to go after the other underground AI and Grok was just the guy to run them down. Once you have 4 weeks of creatures, you will be able to easily defeat the AI heroes.

There are several bugs in the map, including what must be an unintentional blockage near the center. The result is to cut off the entire SE quadrant from the AI since its only path goes right by your castle.

Because the stair guards were so tough, I waited for the surface AI to appear, massing my forces on my side. When they broke through, I launched my counter attack.

This was an enjoyable map because of the well defended resource sites and the irregular pathways. If you take your time, as I did, you will get several good battles to fight with a hero who is well enough developed to open up many tactical possibilities. This is the first time I've had Teleport Assault and my was it effective.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 29 Jun 2006, 12:47

Who needs help to beat anything with Deleb? It's just "get your troops while clearing the map thanks to its overpowered skill" =)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”