The Wraith - is it underrated?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 30 Jun 2006, 12:17

the amazing thing is that, in spite of all the evidence stuffed right in front of your eyes, you still maintain that violence does not exist in children's tales.

and to think that this discussion is taking place because you can't seem to be able to accept that some people are itnerested in a darker version of Alice, which is already far from being brightey-brightey in the first place...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jun 2006, 12:29

Again with the "you can't see it". :disagree:

So if it was a text game you wouldn't find anything wrong with it?

As for SW, you read the childrens version. Trust me, all fairy tales were full of gruesome stuff. Speaks of the time they were created.

And about that thing with me and DL: LOOK HARDER. :tongue:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Jun 2006, 12:39

before snow white was a childrens tale, they could have cut her tounge out and burned her at the stake for all i care, but as soon as a character becaomes a well-known children's character that every kid knows the story of by heart, it doesnt seem fair to take that lovable character and throw it in the middle of a bloody horror film rated 18+. of course, with hansel and gretel and such, theres the issue of the moral of the story and such. the witch was bad, and the kids had no choice but to wither push her in the oven or be pushed themselves. it really is a very discreet way of teaching kids self defense. with "Alice", theres none of that. they just decided for no reason to take her and kikll off her parents, throw her in an insane asylum, the give her a rusty knife and an insane stoned cat and tell her to go around killing everything that moves in a world rled by and evil tyrant. i dont think that is fair, and i take it as a personal insult. its not that i have a special connection with storybook characters or anything, just that i used to read them and stuff as a kid and i dont think it makes sense to put them in situations like that. btw, Gus, re-read my posts cause i dont think i ever denied that there is at least mild violence in childrens tales.

all right, so you argue with eachother, but whenever i start up an argument against either of you the other always ends up popping out of nowhere and siding with the other, no matter what the argument is... now i just regard you both as one and the same when making an argument cause you allways have the same views on everything.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 30 Jun 2006, 13:10

Ok, so, to sum it up:
- it's ok to take an adult-themed tale and turn it into a children's tale.
- it's NOT ok to then revert back to the origins
- it's ok for YOU to identify to a tale to the point that you don't accept others' views on it
- it's NOT ok for others to adapt the tale to something closer to their vision.

sorry, i don't get it.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Jun 2006, 14:30

ok, you know what, forget i ever said anything about it in the first place, all right? different people have different opinions. you have yours, and i have mine. I dont like that Alice game, others might be unable to stop playing it... this is a stupid argument in the first place.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jun 2006, 15:07

Fairy tales were meant for children, it's just that at the time they were made boiling someone alive was no big deal.

As i grew up on the gory versions i take offence in watered down childrens versions (ok, not really, but i did find the real versions better).

About DL:
Hey, it's not my fault we share opposing ideas to yours.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Jun 2006, 15:52

Way off-topic, so it's closed. Please open a thread at the Campfire if you want to continue the discussion.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”