The Wraith - is it underrated?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 29 Jun 2006, 05:14

Omega_Destroyer wrote:+3, 25% chance to kill. Get the 1st half from Simon Haverian and the 2nd half from the Gyntharki assassins/holy warriors who want it for their faith. Sound about right?
That sounds about right imo. Although preferably I'd like to see 1 kill per 4 wraiths to remove the luck factor involved.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 29 Jun 2006, 09:41

Gaidal Cain wrote:
theLuckyDragon wrote: You're obviously not an Alice in Wonderland fan.
Jabberwocky. You don't need to have read Alice to have read Jabberwocky ;)
I was referring to the whole universe, but whatever ;)
And the Jabberwocky is in "Through the Looking Glass", which is a book in the Alice-universe. :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Kiyoko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kiyoko » 29 Jun 2006, 11:14

I think they should change harm touch something like a vorpal aura, which has a % chance to kill 1 creature every turn from each stack standing on an adjacent square.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Jun 2006, 11:43

ok whatever i looked up "vorpal" in dictionary.com and no results came up. since i never heard of it before i assumed it wasnt a word. just for the record, i did read alice in wonderland but it was a while ago so if it was ever mentioned there i dont remember it.. I never played D&Dor anything so i didnt hear about it from there. btw, what kind of a twisted mind would put Alice in an insane asylum after killing her parents and then give her a bloody knifew and tell her to go around killing things with an insane cat???!?!?! sick, twisted people...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Jun 2006, 12:56

soupnazii wrote:btw, what kind of a twisted mind would put Alice in an insane asylum after killing her parents and then give her a bloody knifew and tell her to go around killing things with an insane cat???!?!?! sick, twisted people...
It actually shows her madness in a very inovative way.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Jun 2006, 13:16

but alice isnt supposd to be mad!! shes supposed to be this sweet girl in a storybook that kids read and in an animated movie that kids watch that has funny and interesting adventure with lovable characters, not an insane orphan that goes around murdering things with a bloody knife!!! i am really, really mad at whoever made that game! Damn you, Electronic Arts!!! turning a kid's stroybook character into a murderer!! i just hope no little kid has ever seen the cover of that game, let alone played it. imagine a 6 year old watching his favorite cartoon, Bugs Bunny: what if Elmer Fudd actually shot him once, huh? what if one episode ended up with Bugs lying on the ground in a pool of blood screaming in agony while Elmer prepares a fire and a butchering knife? that kid would be scarred for life!! i know i would be at 6 years old!! sick people...

sorry, a bit off topic...

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 29 Jun 2006, 13:30

Well, from what i've read, there is a lot relating to madness in this book. And it's far from being only a children's tale.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Jun 2006, 13:37

no, its not only a childrens tale, adults ebjoy the book too, but, the movie at least, is deffinetly almost completely a childrens tale.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 29 Jun 2006, 13:59

soupnazii wrote:no, its not only a childrens tale, adults ebjoy the book too, but, the movie at least, is deffinetly almost completely a childrens tale.
yeah but the movie is ana adaptation of the book. the game is another adaptation, in quite the opposite way.

Mightor Magic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mightor Magic » 29 Jun 2006, 14:08

You know, what the Nercomancers need themematically is a unit that can "come back from the dead" during the battle on its own. No Life Steal, no Raise Dead, just a unit that will not die easily. I see it as a counterpoint to the Harm skill: each time the Wraith gets a turn, the top one gets fully healed and 1 comes back from the dead.

This would keep the Wraiths as Wraiths {as they had the healing ability in Heroes 3} and not make them Mighty Gorgons or Death Knights.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jun 2006, 14:17

soupnazii wrote:what if Elmer Fudd actually shot him once, huh? what if one episode ended up with Bugs lying on the ground in a pool of blood screaming in agony while Elmer prepares a fire and a butchering knife? that kid would be scarred for life!! i know i would be at 6 years old!! sick people...
First of all a lack of blood doesn't = no violence. Heck, you try doing to someone what those Looney Toons did to eachother.

Secondly, it's more like Bugs killing Elmer... something i'm not sure he wouldn't do. Evil Rabbit... :devil:

Ad six year olds shouldn't see people butchering eachother regardless of who they are.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Jun 2006, 14:27

my point is that a childrens fantasy character should never be involved in any kind of violence, especially horror style graphic violence like in that game. what those Looney Toons do to eachother might be classified as violence but its not "Hostel" type violence or "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" violence or "American McGee's Alice" type violence, but the sort of funny violence that you see and makes you laugh because the act was funy and the victim isnt hurt at all, just humiliated.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 29 Jun 2006, 15:24

But there IS violence in the original Alice. And the game was rated i-dunno-what-your-americans-ratings-are, but i'm pretty sure it was at least for teens and older... so, really, no problem.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Jun 2006, 15:27

of course, the game is probably rated M (for Mature, 18 or older), but thats not the point. i just think its sick that people even think about stuff like that...

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 29 Jun 2006, 15:27

Let's just say that for some, certain things are sacred. Different people have different values. Enough off-topic. :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jun 2006, 16:17

soupnazii wrote:my point is that a childrens fantasy character should never be involved in any kind of violence, especially horror style graphic violence like in that game. what those Looney Toons do to eachother might be classified as violence but its not "Hostel" type violence or "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" violence or "American McGee's Alice" type violence, but the sort of funny violence that you see and makes you laugh because the act was funy and the victim isnt hurt at all, just humiliated.

Ah... it's incredible how the lack of blood or at least it not having the colour red makes everything OK. "Off with their head!" anyone?

And you ever read Snow White or any fairy tale in the original form?! Talk about carnage.

Harm Touch need to be scaled up and Jousting scaled down. Just don't go overboard, like some of you seem to be.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Jun 2006, 17:37

sure, off with their head and everything, and then theres the whole thing with the witches attempted murder of Snow White, but the thing is that nobody ever gets hurt in the end (at least not the good guys). they might be put into a never ending sleep or something, but in the end of the story all the good guys are living happily ever after (or at least alive). and when somebody does get hurt (like the bad guys or when the good guys do get hurt sometime
s) its never in a graphic and bloody way. they might poof out of existance or be thrown in jail forever, but not have their throats slit or anything like that...

edti: yes, exactly what TT said about Harm Tough and Jousting, nothing more needs to be said.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Jun 2006, 17:54

soupnazii wrote:sure, off with their head and everything, and then theres the whole thing with the witches attempted murder of Snow White, but the thing is that nobody ever gets hurt in the end (at least not the good guys). they might be put into a never ending sleep or something, but in the end of the story all the good guys are living happily ever after (or at least alive). and when somebody does get hurt (like the bad guys or when the good guys do get hurt sometime
s) its never in a graphic and bloody way. they might poof out of existance or be thrown in jail forever, but not have their throats slit or anything like that...
Hansel and grettle threw the witch into the oven.How more graphical do you want?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jun 2006, 18:47

DaemianLucifer wrote: Hansel and grettle threw the witch into the oven.How more graphical do you want?
Snow White ends with the stepmother dancing to death in red-hot metal shoes. Duh...

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Jun 2006, 11:15

its not like you can see the witch roasting to death in the oven, you just know that she was thrown in, assume she is dead, and move on with the stroy feeling relieved that the kids managed to get away... and i dont think i ever heard of that ending to snow white... maybe its been awhile since ive read the book, but i dont remember anything about red hot shoes... and dont try to bring up the Wicked Witch of the West, because once again, she melts. its not like she is beheaded with blood squirting everywhere. what i mean to say is that characters like that (childhood characters and such) arent supposed to be involved in such violence that might in some way be realistic. like the melting witch, the red hot shoes, or Bugs Bunny spinning Daffy Duck's bill around his head 10 times or blowing him up with sticks of TNT only to have him come out fine. is unbelievable how hard it is to convince you two guys of anything at all that you dont agree with in the first place. the amazing thing is that i dont think i ever saw you two argue with eachother...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”