When will Patch 1.2 be out?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
btantra
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

When will Patch 1.2 be out?

Unread postby btantra » 13 Jun 2006, 09:32

When do you think the next patch will come out? Or will they just combine patch 1.2 with the expansion release?

Any word on this?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: When will Patch 1.2 be out?

Unread postby Marzhin » 13 Jun 2006, 09:34

btantra wrote:When do you think the next patch will come out? Or will they just combine patch 1.2 with the expansion release?

Any word on this?
Somewhere past mid-june, according to Fabrice Cambounet, H5 producer.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Re: When will Patch 1.2 be out?

Unread postby addicted » 13 Jun 2006, 10:13

Marzhin wrote:
btantra wrote:When do you think the next patch will come out? Or will they just combine patch 1.2 with the expansion release?

Any word on this?
Somewhere past mid-june, according to Fabrice Cambounet, H5 producer.
Yes, the 2nd patch release is during the second half of June. Didn't he also say, they were going to try to release patches monthly during the second half of each month? :D I could be wrong on the latter but I thought that was what I read..
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jun 2006, 10:41

About a month of the first patch,so its mid to late june.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jun 2006, 10:42

F said they would issue monthly "updates" - not sure what he means, patches or new maps... anyway, it seems they have planned a decent follow-up.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 13 Jun 2006, 14:03

Kalah wrote:F said they would issue monthly "updates" - not sure what he means, patches or new maps... anyway, it seems they have planned a decent follow-up.
He said there would be updates with new/improved content as well as bug fixes. Basically, anything that has been patched (since the previous update) will be included in the next update. Supposedly, update #3 (July) will have the map editor.

thecheese
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby thecheese » 13 Jun 2006, 14:34

I suppose that if the next patch is that early, it would be too much to expect some AI revamps? Is there any stated date on when that will be addressed, or is it kind of on "work in progress" status?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jun 2006, 15:38

The AI will receive continuous tweaking throughout the process.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Koybe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Koybe » 18 Jun 2006, 07:53

Could I hope it correct the memory leak? I still cannot play one month later...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jun 2006, 12:28

Yes, you could hope for that. Such things will receive attention throughout the process. If you have less than 1Gb RAM, however, I would consider buying some more to upgrade your computer.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 18 Jun 2006, 12:46

Kalah wrote:Yes, you could hope for that. Such things will receive attention throughout the process. If you have less than 1Gb RAM, however, I would consider buying some more to upgrade your computer.
I agree. The effective minimum requirements of the game are 1GB. Unless you have concerns for other games though there probably isn't good reason to go past the 1GB point unless the price point of the memory demands that you do so.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 18 Jun 2006, 14:03

I have 512 and there is hardly a trace of any memory leak.
I do, however, run little to none program but H5 when i play the game. If you like to listen to .mp3s while playing, you might experience slowdowns =P

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 18 Jun 2006, 15:42

Gus wrote:I have 512 and there is hardly a trace of any memory leak.
I do, however, run little to none program but H5 when i play the game. If you like to listen to .mp3s while playing, you might experience slowdowns =P
Well, one might have the skill wheel(tm) loaded, because ubi/nival (or at least one of them) said that they won't give any more information about the skill tree in the game. :disagree:
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Unread postby OliverFA » 18 Jun 2006, 16:24

Kalah wrote:F said they would issue monthly "updates" - not sure what he means, patches or new maps... anyway, it seems they have planned a decent follow-up.
Monthly updates? Sounds nice! But for how long? I don't think they are going to release monthly updates forever. Will it be for half a year?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jun 2006, 18:00

My guess is until the expansion, after which they will issue updates for that.

Note that Ubi have tried to focus on this as a multiplayer game, so it is quite possible they will continue to release MP material for some time..

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jun 2006, 18:14

Kalah wrote: Note that Ubi have tried to focus on this as a multiplayer game
Didn't some people complain that the MP didn't worrk very well?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 18 Jun 2006, 18:21

ThunderTitan wrote:Didn't some people complain that the MP didn't worrk very well?!
hence the patches planned for it.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 18 Jun 2006, 20:30

I can't see them ever fixing the out of sync bugs or the crashing in multiplayer...patches are minor bug fixes etc...

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 18 Jun 2006, 20:43

yes, patches are that, but if they can introduce a map editor in a patch why not that too? and even if they dont, why not in an expansion?
Last edited by soupnazii on 18 Jun 2006, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 18 Jun 2006, 20:45

I can't believe they pushed this game as a multiplayer game and then removed simultaneous turns. This game takes FAR too long to not have simultaneous turns. Sheesh!

I might play this game multi if the maps were half the size, neutral creatures were half as frequent, turns were simultaneous, and towns were built a little more at the start.

Then you could actually battle an enemy hero in the first 20 minutes. Not having to spend your first 3-4 turns building stuff you HAVE to make like the first town hall upgrade for more money and the tier 1-2 buildings. Those could already be pre-built and you could get on with the game a little faster.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”