Best and Worse hero for each race?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 12 Jun 2006, 04:44

Nope, for worst, I'm now going with Alastor. Draining Mana with the confusion spell can be good, but he doesn't even start with Dark Magic. :(
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

ExistUnExist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ExistUnExist » 12 Jun 2006, 05:36

maybe coz it'll be overkill if he does? :|

just go against shadow witches and archmages at the start and you'll get +2/3 levels straight away?

then it'll be... GG?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Jun 2006, 08:04

He drains one mana/level. He needs to go up some levels before it gets useful.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ExistUnExist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ExistUnExist » 12 Jun 2006, 14:55

and..
who's grok?

grawl?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Jun 2006, 14:59

No. Grok is Grok. Has "Rusher" speciality.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Sixy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sixy » 13 Jun 2006, 21:24

Well, playing on UBI.COM in Duel mode, I've found the best choice for a wizard hero (well the best choice for a hero at all) is Razzak, since he's got 160 steel golems and 300 gremlins (and 7 titans, but you don't really need them) for the start, and he's got the teleport spell. The golems are quite undefeatable since they've got about 19 attack and defense, and some sort of creature artifact as well, which increases their HP-s. Now with the teleport spell you can put them wherever you want to, and after that their initiative increases, and the gremlins are able to resurrect the fallen ones.

Okay, it's a bit off-topic, because it's a matter of fact only in Duel mode. : ) Hmm... Maybe we should raise a new thread for the Duel-mode heroes question...? ;|

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 14 Jun 2006, 12:32

I think Sinitar will be the next Solmyr from H3 (multiplayer - MSN Zone). Everyone will create games with "No Sinitar". Empowered spells at low costs is great indeed. Personnally I think he's the best.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 14 Jun 2006, 23:10

ExistUnExist wrote:maybe coz it'll be overkill if he does? :|

just go against shadow witches and archmages at the start and you'll get +2/3 levels straight away?

then it'll be... GG?
In both of those cases I fear their physical attacks far more than their spellcasting. In any case, you're still better off with Marbas, since he'll cause them to waste their turns with his Magic Resistance special and the ready availability of MR-enhancing artifacts.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Qlczas-PL
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Qlczas-PL » 16 Jun 2006, 19:19

Sixy wrote:Well, playing on UBI.COM in Duel mode, I've found the best choice for a wizard hero (well the best choice for a hero at all) is Razzak,
he's good but playing Ihora You can beat him (but it's very monotonic to do this ;])

also I must say that Ihora is IMHO one of the best heroes in duel mode,
AFAIR I get beaten only by skilled players playing Ossir hero or Klaus.
"Today is the last day
of the rest of Your Life!"
- Caleb from "Blood"

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 16 Jun 2006, 20:00

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Deadguy118 wrote:Worst dungeon hero: sorgal (lizard breeder) Um..... lizard bite? does that skill have any use at all?
Of course. Blood Furies and Minotaur Guards works very well with it. Takes some planning to set up, but bonus damage is worth it.

As far as dungeon goes, the selection is prety bad overall. Sinitar and Eruina is the only ones that seems to have worthwhile specials without coming with crappy skills.
True that.. while other towns usually have one-hit wonder heroes (Klaus, Jhora, Vladimir, Wyngaal ect) Dungeon's selection is pretty crappy in comparison. Eruina and Sinitar have "ok" specials but they don't come even close to the heroes I just mentioned.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 17 Jun 2006, 21:40

Tristan-IJB wrote:
cornellian wrote:
-Shadow32- wrote:Besides my undead warlock in World of Warcraft was named Lucretia, so I am partial to the name :hoo:
Scarshield Legion??:>
Oops, just saw your post.. Sorry that Lucretia isn't mine :).

MasterDecoy007
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MasterDecoy007 » 18 Jun 2006, 04:21

The swarm queen is a joke. That's all I can say about "worst heroes".

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 18 Jun 2006, 13:43

MasterDecoy007 wrote:The swarm queen is a joke. That's all I can say about "worst heroes".
Well, at expert summoning, wasp swarm isn't completely useless. It reduces initiative by 60%. Very useful for taking out a large single stack of ranged/caster neutrals.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”