Crystal dragon??

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 May 2006, 08:51

stefan.urlus wrote:what's the big deal with dragons and not having them in towns??
Only that there are 3 of them now, and that maybe they should come up with something different for the next one?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 May 2006, 10:46

Dragons without wings are in fact drake, but since they walk on two I'll let it pass *mumble* ;|

Oh yeah, excuse me... hmm well there was some nice proposals for a dwarf town line up in a thread back there. Here it is :-D

viewtopic.php?t=1530&highlight=dwarven

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 May 2006, 10:52

It wasn't as much dragons in towns I was against, as dragons in a Dwarf town. If there's anything I connect with dragons and dwarves, it is that they are mortal enemies.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 May 2006, 11:40

stefan.urlus wrote:what's the big deal with dragons and not having them in towns?? i LOVE dragons and bring the red dragon on, as a level 7 in an exp town, go designer crazy with the other units
Too much dragons!We already have half of level 7s as dragons.Thats enough.No more dragons!

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 25 May 2006, 11:59

The dragons we already have are really cool, but they are enough. Another dragon unit is one dragon unit too much.

Perhaps I could live with a neutral dragon, if it's the only one.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 25 May 2006, 12:05

I agree with there is enought lvl 7 dragons,,,,but making the crystal dragon a lvl 5 in a dwarves town I dont se any problems with..

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 May 2006, 12:55

Well, if you've read the The Fionavar Tapestry, Dwarves are in fact very closely linked to a crystal dragon. It's a good read, very Tolkien-ish. Despite this, I still do feel we have enough dragons now. New kinds of level 7:s, please.

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 25 May 2006, 13:05

No more dragons!! However dwarves and Firefaction sounds reasonable. My guess is we'll se dwarf and a a orc faction in the expansion pack (and unfortunately more dragons).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 May 2006, 13:31

Gaidal Cain wrote:Well, if you've read the The Fionavar Tapestry, Dwarves are in fact very closely linked to a crystal dragon.
Dwarves are Dragon Food, not Dragon Masters. Now an Ice/Frost Giant would make a great lvl. 7 for Dwarves. Or a Fire Giant/Son of Surtur if they're a Fire faction.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 May 2006, 14:03

Yes,more giants!And cyclops!Me want smash puny enemis!

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 25 May 2006, 15:18

Well, the dwarves are allied with Giants in Disciples 2... so Giants could make sense.

Although Disciples 2 is a much much darker universe than even heroes 5...

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 25 May 2006, 15:21

DaemianLucifer wrote: Too much dragons!We already have half of level 7s as dragons.Thats enough.No more dragons!
More Dragons! More! 6 Dragons not enough!
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 25 May 2006, 15:45

Gaidal Cain wrote:Well, if you've read the The Fionavar Tapestry, Dwarves are in fact very closely linked to a crystal dragon. It's a good read, very Tolkien-ish. Despite this, I still do feel we have enough dragons now. New kinds of level 7:s, please.
I agree 100%..not a dragon as level 7 but i dont see any problem with a dragon as a lvl5....
personally i like the idee with ice/frost gigant on lvl 7

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 May 2006, 17:07

ThunderTitan wrote:Dwarves are Dragon Food, not Dragon Masters.
These were more dragon worshippers. Or rather, they had no clear idea of what it was they worshipped, but it wasn't the "worship out of fear" deal. As I said, it's a good read.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 May 2006, 17:20

Being worshipped by your food?! What a wonderful ideea. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 25 May 2006, 18:01

Well, in real history people always worshipped what they feared.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 25 May 2006, 20:18

i stick by my idea of dragons as 5th levels in dwarf town. a cyclops as a 7th level (frost giant... Cmon!) and maybe a yeti as either a 4th level. at 6th level would be a dwarven king. if the yeti was 6th it would be first dragon, then yeti, then cyclops, with all the dwarves at bottom. that wouldnt be good so yeti at 4 and dwarf king at 6.
so it would be like this:

1 - blank/blank
4 - Snow Golem (?)/Yeti
5 - Red Dragon/Crystal Dragon
6 - Dwarven Warlord/Dwarven King
7 - Giant/Cyclops (or) Cyclops/Cyclops Lord

i just got the names off the top of my head, so its not great...

this is getting a bit off topic, sorry...

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 25 May 2006, 22:19

Although they could fit a dwarven faction, golems are connected to the wizards in the game, so I would leave them out.
The cyclops fits a Stronghold faction much better. And dragons - well, you know.

But I have to admit that I've got no idea which creatures (except of giants) would fit in a dwarven town.

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 25 May 2006, 22:37

soupnazii wrote:4 - Snow Golem (?)/Yeti
Hmm... the snow(?) golem is a construct, whereas a yeti is a living creature. A peculiar upgrade?
Darkstroem wrote:But I have to admit that I've got no idea which creatures (except of giants) would fit in a dwarven town.
Indeed, dwarves lack creatures. In fact, even giants don't fit with dwarves; the two would more likely fight than coexist. Dwarves would fight with yetis too probably... they're a bit xenophobic, huh?

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 26 May 2006, 01:38

whe i said snow golem it was for lack of a better name. thus the "(?)". what i meant by "golem" was "some sort of living snow thing". basically, i was thinking of an abominable snowman-type thing. but that was too long, hence Golem.

and actually, giants and dwarves have been allied many times in many games and movies, and in many legends. and you would think that if theyve been living in the mountains for so long, they would b now have befriended the yetis too, wouldnt you. and either way it doesnt have to make sense. think about the sylvan and the green dragon. how the hell are they allied?!?!?

well, that doesnt matter. feel free to fill in the blanks i left above.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”