The gamespot review is in

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Anthriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The gamespot review is in

Unread postby Anthriel » 24 May 2006, 11:42

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/her ... id=6151741

8.2 - 0.2 more than I expected, but certainly still reasonable. I think they should have mentioned some of the minor flaws, like the UI and probably the sub-par performance, but there's still not much I could disagree with.

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Re: The gamespot review is in

Unread postby Purple Sky » 24 May 2006, 16:56

Anthriel wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/her ... id=6151741

8.2 - 0.2 more than I expected, but certainly still reasonable. I think they should have mentioned some of the minor flaws, like the UI and probably the sub-par performance, but there's still not much I could disagree with.
Over 400 people voted and the average score is 9.0.

At least the review and score is truthful and honest. Not like with Fable, Oblivion, Jade Empire, Doom 3 etc. where the opinion of the reviewer is drastically different from the real people on the forums(the reviewers are bribed, i think).

vanzagar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vanzagar » 24 May 2006, 17:07

Well i dunno, but I'm bored of every other game out there right now, and I've played just about all of them and this game has me hooked for now... then back to Oblvion maybe... or Galciv2... the Titan Quest demo bored me to tears...

To each their own, some times it just seems to depend on what mood the reviewer is in...

Vanz

Anthriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: The gamespot review is in

Unread postby Anthriel » 24 May 2006, 19:07

Purple Sky wrote: Over 400 people voted and the average score is 9.0.

At least the review and score is truthful and honest. Not like with Fable, Oblivion, Jade Empire, Doom 3 etc. where the opinion of the reviewer is drastically different from the real people on the forums(the reviewers are bribed, i think).
Do note that user reviews are terribly unreliable though. Most of them are not even written decently. There are way too many fanboys out there, thus, the user rating are usually higher than the review.

Of course, it's another thing entirely if people rate the game lower than the reviewer himself. In that case, the review is usually wrong.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 May 2006, 02:02

unless there are a lot of franchise haters, in which case the review could be right ....

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 25 May 2006, 02:13

Ok score, but the average score on such sites is like 7, not 5. Kinda sad, if a game gets a 5, it's not average, it's horrible.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 May 2006, 10:55

There's a full list of reviews here.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 25 May 2006, 11:01

The Gamespot review is about right, and they tend to be well balanced for the most part. The reviewers on Gamespot tend to pick what they see as the most serious issues in a game and focus on those and usually quite well, although I still claim that Doom 3 deserved a 7 more than its current score (its good, but more of a glorified gaphics extraveganda / Boo effects than a really good remake)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”