Buy now or wait untill the bugs are fixed?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Buy now or wait untill the bugs are fixed?

Unread postby Jimmpi » 22 May 2006, 10:51

Hello.

I'm just about to buy the game but it look's like theres some bugs in the game...should I wait to but the game untill thoes bugs are fixed or can I fix them my self(patch?).

Most greatful for answer..(sorry for my spelling)

/Jimmy

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 22 May 2006, 11:25

I think you should buy the game rather now than in two weeks or something.
It will take some time until it's cheaper (which might be a reason to wait), and the remaining bugs are by far not as severe that they could distract you playing or spoil your fun.

The first patch should be out like next week (or even this week?), and there will be more coming.

I really don't see why you should wait. You could also wait for all expansions being released, so you could play the game in its *really* final state - but what's the sense?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 22 May 2006, 12:38

Indeed. The only really bad bug I've heard of so far pertains to duel mode, and I believe that one can be avoided if one knows about it. There are a few annoying things that happens at times, but nothing that should seriously detract from the experience.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 22 May 2006, 12:42

Buy it now :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 22 May 2006, 15:38

OK, thanks a lot...
Think I'll buy it as soon as I can.. :-D

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 22 May 2006, 15:46

Good boy :devious: ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 May 2006, 15:48

Be sensible and wait until the patches come out,or you might end up disliking the game because of the bugs and other stuff that needs fixing.

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 22 May 2006, 16:44

DaemianLucifer wrote:Be sensible and wait until the patches come out,or you might end up disliking the game because of the bugs and other stuff that needs fixing.
I don't think so - not everyone had as high expectations as you ;)
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 May 2006, 17:06

Robenhagen wrote:I don't think so - not everyone had as high expectations as you ;)
True.But if you are a new player bugs will surely draw you away from the game,and if you were outraged by HIV being so buggy,youll think to yourself "Oh,no!Not this again!".

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 22 May 2006, 17:58

That's not really my experience so far.
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 22 May 2006, 19:02

Robenhagen wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:Be sensible and wait until the patches come out,or you might end up disliking the game because of the bugs and other stuff that needs fixing.
Not everyone, but many do.

IMO, if you but the game now, you only buy a promise (what we've always been served from the very beginning). I'd wait to see if the 1st patch really does fix anything, or it's as much of a joke as the "final" release is.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 22 May 2006, 20:08

Robenhagen wrote:
I'm one of thoes whit very high expectations on this game,,not only because I'm a big fan of the might and magic game but also because the game was delayed for some time so they should have fixed the bug already in my eye's

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 22 May 2006, 20:16

Jimmpi wrote:I'm one of thoes whit very high expectations on this game,,not only because I'm a big fan of the might and magic game but also because the game was delayed for some time so they should have fixed the bug already in my eye's
The "bug"? Here's just a short list of things left unfinished:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 1091087544

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 May 2006, 21:48

The fact that this game is playable, contrary to Heroes 4, which was very dull to play in the beginning because of the memory leak and the funky AI. Go ahead, buy the thing as soon as your budget permits, and they'll get to those little things we discover eventually.

Personally, I'm buying it as soon as Amazon can get their heads out of a certain place and allow me to order one.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 May 2006, 21:52

Kalah wrote:The fact that this game is playable, contrary to Heroes 4, which was very dull to play in the beginning because of the memory leak and the funky AI.
Dull?! Not the word i'd use to describe being only able to play for half an hour. And that's with the music off.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 May 2006, 22:08

Well, it's the word I'd use. Now, however (ever since patch 3.0), H4 is quite enjoyable and I recommend it whole-heartedly. In fact, if you can, go for the "Heroes Complete" version - that gets you every Heroes game to date, from 1 to 5. :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 22 May 2006, 22:19

Zamolxis wrote: Not everyone, but many do.

I'd wait to see if the 1st patch really does fix anything, or it's as much of a joke as the "final" release is.
Well the joke mad me have fun!

Dont listen to old angry fans that did not get the game they wanted. The game is just grate in 6 mothe we can argue over withce homm game is the best!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 May 2006, 22:23

Kalah wrote:In fact, if you can, go for the "Heroes Complete" version - that gets you every Heroes game to date, from 1 to 5. :-D
Without Expansion from what I understood. :disagree:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Khelavaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Khelavaster » 23 May 2006, 00:20

Buy now if you're willing to play a Beta. Wait for the patches for an Alpha.

Khel.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 May 2006, 01:35

Errr....??

@ TT: I think the complete edition carries the expansions as well...? Have you learned otherwise somewhere? Anyway you could always download Equilibris..

Return to “Heroes V-VI”