Heroes without cities

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes without cities

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 13:56

A thing just crossed my mind!The HIV bad rule has been broken!Heroes can survive without cities! :devil: :rofl:

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 21 May 2006, 13:58

I thought that rule has been around since Heroes I... I'm pretty sure it's not new to HIV.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 May 2006, 14:03

In H3 if you lost your last town, you had 7 days to conquer another one before losing.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 14:06

Wolfshanze wrote:I thought that rule has been around since Heroes I... I'm pretty sure it's not new to HIV.
No,in HIII you could never survive without a town for more then 7 days,not even in campaigns.And I think it was like that in HII as well.

HulkaS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HulkaS » 21 May 2006, 14:25

theLuckyDragon wrote:In H3 if you lost your last town, you had 7 days to conquer another one before losing.
Actually on some custom game maps it is same on H5 :'(

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 21 May 2006, 14:33

No,in HIII you could never survive without a town for more then 7 days,not even in campaigns.
That's exactly what I was infering to. Not being able to play without a castle was not new or unique to HIV.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 May 2006, 14:33

And some creatures have mana and spells. And there's a button to hire all the creatures in a town.

In H2 you lose in 7 days without a town too. In H4 you didn't need a town at all.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 21 May 2006, 14:35

Have you checked it in the "multiplayer" maps...? I ask because this feature could be scripted in the singleplayer scenarios, like in WoG.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 21 May 2006, 14:38

Oh... I forgot... DL is always being sarcastic and smarmy when refering to anything not HIV. I misread the initial post to say that HV was the first to not require cities. But then again, DL is never happy unless he can talk about the glory of HIV and how everything else sucks.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 May 2006, 14:47

No, he meant that H5 actualy has a feature that isn't in H3, but is in H4.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 21 May 2006, 14:55

Yeah, I understand that now... but it's really getting old that every single post of DL's has to just rag on "pitty me, I love HIV and everyone else hates it"... okay, we got it...

The whole mention that everything from HIV is "bad" in every one of his posts, it's like he's gloating everytime something looks remotely like a HIV feature in HV.

We got it 600 posts ago from DL.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 14:57

Wolfshanze wrote:Oh... I forgot... DL is always being sarcastic and smarmy when refering to anything not HIV. I misread the initial post to say that HV was the first to not require cities. But then again, DL is never happy unless he can talk about the glory of HIV and how everything else sucks.
The most untrue statement ever!If they cloned HIV to the fullest,Id complain again how they didnt fix the AI,how they didnt balance the factions,etc.

This game is flawed.Even you have to admit this.It has no post game statistics(feature present in all previous sequels),no kingdom overview(same),no sleep function(same),descriptions missing,no flagable windmills(honestly,how can this be a good thing?).Even if I put aside all those inovations HIV brought,this game still lacks a lot!

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 21 May 2006, 15:45

"Sleep function" meaning that you can set some heroes to "tent" and some to "trumpet" so that the game tells you if they have movement points left?

Yeah, I miss that too, but there's a similar thing (although not as good) in the options, called "Movement Reminder" which removes/add the prompt about heroes having movement points left.

Personally, I like the 7-day limit. I really really hated chasing after the millions of heroes and creatures swarming the map after I'd taken all his castles and he had basically nothing left, but he's still running around with three heroes, 2 individual sprites, nine wolves, etc, etc.

I think it should be a option in the map editor, so in single-player RPG maps or stuff like that you don't need a city, but in multiplayer maps you could set it so you do need it if you want to.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 May 2006, 15:55

DaemianLucifer wrote: This game is flawed. Even you have to admit this.
Nah, it's just you. There's nothing H4 did better the H3, and anyone that says differently is just a H4 fanboi.

You know, it would be better if you could specify how long you can go on without a town or hero.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 May 2006, 16:00

Continuity wrote:"Sleep function" meaning that you can set some heroes to "tent" and some to "trumpet" so that the game tells you if they have movement points left?

Yeah, I miss that too, but there's a similar thing (although not as good) in the options, called "Movement Reminder" which removes/add the prompt about heroes having movement points left.
Its simpply not the same.It was flawed in HIV as well(every time you loaded you had to put your heroes to sleep again),but it was still better then not having the sleep function at all.
Continuity wrote: Personally, I like the 7-day limit. I really really hated chasing after the millions of heroes and creatures swarming the map after I'd taken all his castles and he had basically nothing left, but he's still running around with three heroes, 2 individual sprites, nine wolves, etc, etc.

I think it should be a option in the map editor, so in single-player RPG maps or stuff like that you don't need a city, but in multiplayer maps you could set it so you do need it if you want to.
ThunderTitan wrote: You know, it would be better if you could specify how long you can go on without a town or hero.
This sounds like the best solution.
ThunderTitan wrote: Nah, it's just you. There's nothing H4 did better the H3, and anyone that says differently is just a H4 fanboi.
Dont be so mean,you know sarcasm isnt his strongest point :devil:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 21 May 2006, 18:19

Continuity wrote:Yeah, I miss that too, but there's a similar thing (although not as good) in the options, called "Movement Reminder" which removes/add the prompt about heroes having movement points left.
Well, there is, but it's not enough. I want to choose myself which heroes has reminders, dammit. If I buy some high-level hero the AI lost just to keep it out of his pool, I want to park it somewhere I don't have to worry about it and then have rminders for my other heroes.
Personally, I like the 7-day limit. I really really hated chasing after the millions of heroes and creatures swarming the map after I'd taken all his castles and he had basically nothing left, but he's still running around with three heroes, 2 individual sprites, nine wolves, etc, etc.
Well, the limit is nice on standard maps. On non-standard maps, it tends to lead to sillyness.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 21 May 2006, 18:51

Yeah, I agree with everything you said.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”