CH Forum vs HV

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 14 May 2006, 16:32

theGryphon wrote:@ Wildbear and Laserluger
Saying that you don't like a particular thing in the game is OK. But saying it 500 times, whenever possible? ;|
One might imagine that saying something over and over again may get noticed and put it into the heads of developers that... yes... actually we DON'T like something. ¬_¬

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 14 May 2006, 16:34

You're too pessimistic man, it's really sad to hear that :(

Saying that you don't like a particular thing in the game is OK. But saying it 500 times, whenever possible? ;|
I am just so dissepointed. First the new TES-game (Oblivion) and
now this? I like to enjoy good games. I dont understand why
developers has to focus 100% on the graphics and just skip the
tings that _should_ matter. Like AI and generall gameplay.

NB! I didnt try the HV demo.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 14 May 2006, 16:36

Wildbear wrote: And can't you see we contributed far enough when the game was still under development?
If we take you, Wildbear, then you have perhaps done 1 % of what you could have done for Heroes V. Many of us (myself included) are trying to live on "old fat" or I do not know what and not be on the level we actually should be. Most "discussion" is rather short descriptions of ones emotions with first words that happen to come in mind and are forgotten in the momnet they are written. Sarcasm has become so common that it has also became annoying. It has lost its fun and punching effect.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 May 2006, 16:39

innokenti wrote:One might imagine that saying something over and over again may get noticed and put it into the heads of developers that... yes... actually we DON'T like something. ¬_¬
Yes,one might.Aparently,hed be wrong.

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 14 May 2006, 16:39

You're too pessimistic man, it's really sad to hear that :(
We've been optimisitc when it was still time to be. The game will not receive any of the major changes necessary anymore, period.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 14 May 2006, 16:41

i smell a panic calm down!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 14 May 2006, 16:45

Wildbear wrote:
Are you people not getting my point?
And can't you see we contributed far enough when the game was still under development? We began when it was still NWC on the job, and mostly did it all again when the license has been bought. We've detailed what ideas we didn't like, explained why and showed several solutions on numerous issues.

The development is over, if the game isn't good at this point it will never be.
I know Wildbear :) I've been lurking since 2002 even if I was not posting. That's why I think that this is a very nice community full of smart, creative and experienced people. And, that's why I'd like to hear a voice not this pessimistic coming out of this forum. It makes me sad :( I don't want to be pessimistic.

@ Veldrynus
I'm not one of those people then ;)

I know that the game is not what we all would like to see. This is too bad and I don't even know who to blame. I also know that patches will not everything upside down. But many things may be tweaked, improved or introduced:
- AI
- UI
- Some balance issues
- RMG, additional maps
- Additional factions/spells/etc

Now tell me, once these are done appropriately, will you be this negative about HV? I mean what else don't you like about it. I am saying there is still an opportunity to get the best out of it. We should urge Ubi for a very good patch/expansion, like we urged them to postpone the game. We should tell them how it should be.

You know FC visits here frequently, and what do you think he thinks? Let me tell you: "bashing again... nah". We should make him think: "hmm, why not". This is the way to get what we want.

I know most of you are too negative and out of energy now. But we can talk about patches and what should be in there in detail.

Just my 2 cents...
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 14 May 2006, 16:48

Pitsu wrote: If we take you, Wildbear, then you have perhaps done 1 % of what you could have done for Heroes V.
Uh? And what should I have done? Doing the developper's job? I've been active when it was relevant, not when I had done nothing but repeating what other had already told.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 14 May 2006, 16:50

I've been complaining on and off ever since Ubi\Nival's plans for H5 took shape, so not going to stop now that it's nearing release.

Then again, some people does seem to take every opportunity to up their postcount.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 14 May 2006, 16:52

Wildbear wrote:
Pitsu wrote: If we take you, Wildbear, then you have perhaps done 1 % of what you could have done for Heroes V.
Uh? And what should I have done? Doing the developper's job? I've been active when it was relevant, not when I had done nothing but repeating what other had already told.
I think Pitsu means you have a much greater a potential then what you did. This is what I mean as well. A community with this potential could do better ;)
And, there is still a chance to do so.

@ Znork
Welcome, Znork! I didn't understand what you meant though, was it Znorkish? ;)

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 14 May 2006, 16:52

And isn't it wonderful? Complaining about the same game over and over and over for years? A wonderful pasttime, constructive and meaningful.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 14 May 2006, 16:55

theGryphon wrote:
I think Pitsu means you have a much greater a potential then what you did. This is what I mean as well. A community with this potential could do better ;)
All we could do was suggest things. And we did, for deaf ears. So, cue complaining.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 14 May 2006, 16:58

theGryphon wrote: I think Pitsu means you have a much greater a potential then what you did. This is what I mean as well. A community with this potential could do better ;)
And, there is still a chance to do so.
When I began to talk about things like the big squares or the 6 castles, people just didn't want to believe me and didn't want to discuss about it. When it's been about caravans I tried to keep the topic alive and we all managed to give very different and good ideas, but what has been the result? Summon creatures ! What a great victory.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 14 May 2006, 17:14

So what dose the pirates say about this terible game!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and like i say if i love this game i buy it , becoz i love the box cover art and the printed manual , call me crazy but some games - even when i download them and play them for 5 days on my back-up copy Razz i buy then in store if i like them like Oblivion

This game r0x0rz! Pure HoMM III style

just completed the queen campaign, this game is lotsofun no crashes here

Yea actualy this aint so bad... SORY! if I opend my big mouth before...And no, no crashes.

great game, i am really like it, it reminds me homm 3 Smile

Here the game crashes a lot!!!! Problems with the addresses............

Game is awesome, too bad it doesnt support widescreen properly

For me nice game

played the demo, had angle difficulties, huge fps drop, seems to be fixed in full release

already played a lot and no one crash at all

great game btw and no crashes

HOMM2 for the win!
HOMM5 for the even bigger win Smile

I played a few hours and it really brings back the HOMM3 feeling.

lame thing.....but GTREAT game

Great game, reminds me of the old days.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where did i get this qoutes well thye are from a pirate sight send i dont know if its ok to post a link to the forum. But if you dont belive me send me a pm!
Last edited by Znork on 14 May 2006, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 May 2006, 17:15

Wildbear wrote: When I began to talk about things like the big squares or the 6 castles, people just didn't want to believe me and didn't want to discuss about it. When it's been about caravans I tried to keep the topic alive and we all managed to give very different and good ideas, but what has been the result? Summon creatures ! What a great victory.
The problem is that they never really cared about the opinions/proposals of individual fans. Only the opinion of a less creative majority did matter. They were afraid to take any risks. The simple (H3 + 3D) formula looked like a safe and very profitable solution...

@Znork

Enjoy it! It is a game made for people like you.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 14 May 2006, 17:21

Veldrynus wrote:
@Znork

Well i hope so:) Waiting for the mail man.

But you are all to nerveus calm down! If there are issus they will be adressed!

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 14 May 2006, 17:25

Veldrynus wrote:The problem is that they never really cared about the opinions/proposals of individual fans. Only the opinion of a less creative majority did matter. They were afraid to take any risks. The simple (H3 + 3D) formula looked like a safe and very profitable solution...
Well what did you expect? As much innovations (but properly worked out) as HoMM IV? That would've been very optimistic thinking... Especially for you :disagree:
Veldrynus wrote:@Znork

Ok, now this is just mean... That's not even flaming them anymore. That's burninating them; like Trogdor

Edit:

Oh wait... It was appropriate :disagree:
Grah!

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 May 2006, 17:40

Thelonious wrote: Well what did you expect? As much innovations (but properly worked out) as HoMM IV? That would've been very optimistic thinking... Especially for you :disagree:
I wished a game wich would correct the flaws of H4, but not by making a huge step backwards.
I expected a H3 clone. Nothing optimistic about it.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 14 May 2006, 18:09

Veldrynus wrote:
Wildbear wrote: When I began to talk about things like the big squares or the 6 castles, people just didn't want to believe me and didn't want to discuss about it. When it's been about caravans I tried to keep the topic alive and we all managed to give very different and good ideas, but what has been the result? Summon creatures ! What a great victory.
The problem is that they never really cared about the opinions/proposals of individual fans. Only the opinion of a less creative majority did matter. They were afraid to take any risks. The simple (H3 + 3D) formula looked like a safe and very profitable solution...

@Znork

How old are you Veldrynus? Just curious...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 May 2006, 18:11

Continuity wrote:And isn't it wonderful? Complaining about the same game over and over and over for years? A wonderful pasttime, constructive and meaningful.
It does releave stress... :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”