Leak

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 11 May 2006, 18:15

DaemianLucifer wrote:
King Imp wrote:To those that complain about not being able to afford the game. Funny how you can afford the computer this plays on that probably costs 10-20 times as much as the actual software, but you can't afford the actual game.
And what do you think because of what are they unable to aford the game? :devil:
Yeah, really, someone that someone has a computer doesn't mean he's got lots of cash. Look at me, I've got a laptop, but I haven't got heaps of cash...

Back on topic:

Look at Blizzard. Just look at what they're doing with WoW. Ask people who play WoW if they'll BUY the expansion. Ask them why they keep paying for an online subsciption to play the game. Then figure out what the big difference is between WoW (practicly no players using illigal copies) and other games (more illigal copies).

So then apply the big secret to HoMM and what do we get?

A great map editor which makes maps that also check for hacked games, frequent update, tournaments, new maps comming from Ubisoft - packed in patches, which incluede new stuff (adventure objects) and more balance.
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 May 2006, 18:25

Thelonious wrote: Then figure out what the big difference is between WoW (practicly no players using illegal copies) and other games (more illigal copies).
Don't bet on that one.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 May 2006, 18:44

ThunderTitan wrote:
Thelonious wrote: Then figure out what the big difference is between WoW (practicly no players using illegal copies) and other games (more illigal copies).
Don't bet on that one.
Youre saying thet from the inside? :devil:

HugoMF
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HugoMF » 11 May 2006, 19:00

Don't bet on that one.
Im a WoW player myself (official european servers) and i can assure you that its not possible to play on legal WoW servers (those that require monthly fees) without a proper CDkey and updated subscription.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 May 2006, 19:14

HugoMF wrote: Im a WoW player myself (official european servers) and i can assure you that its not possible to play on legal WoW servers (those that require monthly fees) without a proper CDkey and updated subscription.
And that's the big advantage MMo's have. Someone is actualy paying them to play, even if they have or not bought the game.

Remember the Sony Rootkit thing?! You know what people used it for?! Hiding stuff from the Warden program Blizzard uses. So you can play without a CD, but you still need a CD-key and a paid account. I was just refering to the illegal copies thing.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 11 May 2006, 19:41

Thelonious wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:
King Imp wrote:To those that complain about not being able to afford the game. Funny how you can afford the computer this plays on that probably costs 10-20 times as much as the actual software, but you can't afford the actual game.
And what do you think because of what are they unable to aford the game? :devil:
Yeah, really, someone that someone has a computer doesn't mean he's got lots of cash. Look at me, I've got a laptop, but I haven't got heaps of cash...

And this laptop cost you what exactly?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 May 2006, 19:48

You do realise that a computer that you buy once every 5 years is a better investment than a game that you play for a month.

Now if they were only 3-4 games coming out a year it might be akin to buying a computer, but with all the games coming out people might not have money to buy alot of them. So they start getting illegal copies of games, and then they don't see any reason to buy overpriced originals even if they love the game.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 11 May 2006, 19:58

Gotta love people defending thieves.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 May 2006, 20:01

King Imp wrote:Gotta love people defending thieves.
Defending monopolistic companies is the same thing.It just has a better name.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 11 May 2006, 20:04

DaemianLucifer wrote:

Who the hell is the monopolistic company in this case? Ubisoft?

Oh my God, they are trying to make some money off of their hard work! How dare they! Report them to the authorities at once!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 May 2006, 20:09

King Imp wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:

Who the hell is the monopolistic company in this case? Ubisoft?

Oh my God, they are trying to make some money off of their hard work! How dare they! Report them to the authorities at once!
Some money? :| Hard work? :| :|

Now lets see...They found a game with a very firm foundation,so they require very little marketing.They copied most of the HIII,just added new graphics(which btw,seems like a slightly improved version of WCIII),and invented a new story.Ill give them credit just for the story part,it seems fair the way it is now(not excelent,but not bad either).So do they deserve 50$ per game?No.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 11 May 2006, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 May 2006, 20:11

I actualy don't think that's the right word. I think there's another word for people that commit intelectual theft.

And please tell me, would you spend half your monthly salary on a game?!

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 11 May 2006, 20:19

ThunderTitan wrote:
I actualy don't think that's the right word. I think there's another word for people that commit intelectual theft.

And please tell me, would you spend half your monthly salary on a game?!
so its ok to steel a game if you are poor?
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 11 May 2006, 20:24

ThunderTitan wrote: And please tell me, would you spend half your monthly salary on a game?!

Who the hell only makes $100 a month?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 May 2006, 20:27

King Imp wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: And please tell me, would you spend half your monthly salary on a game?!

Errr...half of my countrymen?

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 11 May 2006, 20:30

DaemianLucifer wrote:
King Imp wrote:

But you guys can afford computers that cost 10-20 times as much as a simple game. God, the logic in this thread is staggering.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 May 2006, 20:32

King Imp wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:
King Imp wrote:

But you guys can afford computers that cost 10-20 times as much as a simple game. God, the logic in this thread is staggering.
I never said that I am in that half.My mother is a medical doctor,after all.Besides,piracy has been illegal here just for a bit more then a year now.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 May 2006, 20:40

King Imp wrote: But you guys can afford computers that cost 10-20 times as much as a simple game. God, the logic in this thread is staggering.
Can you afford a house that costs 10-20 times more than a Gucci suit?! A computer can be used to actualy make money, and is way more usefull than a game.

The IT market in my country wouldn't exist if it wasn't for less then legit stuff. And without it the economy wouldn't have improved as much as it did (which is not much anyway). I can't really go and call them bad people.

@Znork
No, only rich people should steal... :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 May 2006, 20:43

ThunderTitan wrote: @Znork
No, only rich people should steal... :devil:
And robin hood.Dont forget robin hood.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 11 May 2006, 20:52

King Imp wrote:Oh my God, they are trying to make some money off of their hard work! How dare they! Report them to the authorities at once!
Kingimp, I hate to say it but it seems like you just barged into the discussion without following it closely.
King Imp wrote:Who the hell only makes $100 a month?
A LOT of people. trust me on that one.

and the whole CPU vs Game discussion is uncalled for. a cpu does more than just play games.

there are a LOT of valid arguments one can use against pirates but please; not that one.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”